Ninja's training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Ninjastix, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

Yeah we actually run TRX classes at our gym, and I train some of my clients using it. It's not my favourite thing in the world, I'm more of a weights and cross-fit kind of guy, but most people are in love with it.

2. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

Yeah, I bought one just waiting for it to get here. I just like that there are so many options with it and I found it to be very beneficial for bjj

3. Paytheplayer

Absolutely. I don't care how fit you are, if you have never trained TRX, you will be either tired, sore, or both from it. Great workout.

4. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

What the hell is TRX?

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I should rename this the Sadness log...

I've hit my fork in the road and I'm choosing calories and nutrition because my body is breaking down and giving out. My plan is to eat between 6-800 calories a day for 5 weeks. Then 800-1000 while resuming my normal exercise routine or something new at the gym. To do that I have some moderately low calorie/high protein yogurt, given the serving size, some baked multigrain flat bread (like matza or melba toast), tuna, shit ton of salad, and oatmeal.

During the first stretch I'm doing light weights and cardio, along with push ups and sit ups for 40 minutes a day. On the weekend I'll be bike riding or walking. Hopefully I can ease the strain on my joints with a combination of less calories and lower intensity work outs.

I'm cutting out anything high fat, fried, and cheeses in general. Also all rice, breads, and starchy carbs. This is really my last effort to drop the weight before I consider surgery. I've been looking at salad options and low calorie options for eating out as well so I'm prepared in case I forget food or start getting shaky. Going to snack on nuts in moderation, almonds specifically but in pre-sorted portions so I don't nomnomnom myself to the bottom of the tin in one sitting.

Wish me luck.

6. Paytheplayer

TRX training is suspension training. The Navy Seals used this as their training program. All you basically need is the TRX straps, and only your body weight.
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mrBl5cxY50I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And Good luck Ninja.

7. Hillary's Vagina

Hillary's Vagina Black Lives Matter

man 800 cal, is not good man its not good at all for you. you are burning 2x's as much as that doing nothing all just about....or i should say your every day activities. I do not think that is a healthy move....but up to you my friend

8. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

That TRX thing looked kinda weird....

9. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

TRX is badass and very user friendly....

Also 6-800 calories is very very low and not good I think. I eat 2000-2500 a day have lost 30lbs (with bjj) . I work out about 8-12 hours a week, not sure how much I burn at the gym but I know it is quite high.

10. Ninjastix

Bottom line is I'm storing too much fat and it's deadly. I'm at increased risk for everything at this point, risk for making my diabetes worse, risk for making myself a heart patient, and risk for cancer do to where I'm carrying my weight. Doing high protein/low fat hasn't been able to get me to shed the weight. Previously the only way I was able to lose weight was by severely limiting my calorie intake however I also had a very active job at the time. I was basically eating 1 meal a day of two bowls of cereal and fruit.

Now I can't do the one meal a day thing I'm on insulin. So oatmeal for breakfast today, yogurt for lunch, yogurt for a later lunch, and a salad for dinner.

11. Ninjastix

Three days in I'm not doing to bad, still the first week. I'm having to adjust my workouts because the last two days I've been shaky. Instead of pushing myself through I've stopped and had something to nourish myself like a plain granola square or some yogurt. Finally finding a yogurt I like has been a blessing, it's filling for one, tastes great, and is easy to eat on the go. I've been snacking lightly on almonds making sure not to exceed my proportions, I also have multigrain twists if I have a hard time with my dinner portions. 9 twists are 140 calories I believe and they're a little salty which is a good way to keep drinking my water.

Tonight I'll have scrambled eggs and turkey bacon on a pita, gunning for about 310 calories for the meal. Today I did a 25 minutes jog, military cadence out in the heat and humidity, caught my breath went inside and did a uphill walk on the treadmill for 18 minutes. Feel fucking terrific with the low intensity work out. Tomorrow I'll do some weights, chest and stomach and another walk/jog. Dinner will probably be another salad with a can of Tuna.

Which reminds me I need to pick up more salad.

12. Ninjastix

Update bitches!

It is fucking awesome how many places but the nutritional content of their food online, I now know what horrendous mistakes I'd been making. Shit that is absolutely gone from my diet:

Mayo
    Cheese
    Breads (aside from flatbread)
    Pasta
    Cereal
    Rice
    breading
    potatoes

So I've cut my portions significantly, eating vegetables either sauteed at home or steamed when I go out with all my meals. Eating Tuna, Chicken, Eggs, Turkey, and Beef Jerky for most of my protein. Workout wise I went back to a consistent jog, no more intervals, steady pace jog up and down inclines. Doing more core exercises, more squats, no jump rope for right now. Continuing with dumbbell exercises, but I have no plans right now of going Conan The Barbarian until I lose more weight. I'm back down to my resting weight, now it's a question of whether or not I break through that ceiling.

13. RF76

RF76 beach bum

So you're eating tuna (canned) without mayo? Or are you referring to tuna steaks?

14. Ninjastix

Canned albacore thrown on a green salad. For taste, low calorie dressing but strictly within the serving range. If it says 2 tablespoons is 45 calories, that all I use.

15. Fat Ass

Fat Ass I need Help

Are some of the carby stuff you cut out, not bad for you if your going to work out soon after?

16. Ninjastix

I'd rather spend the carbs for yogurt and oatmeal. Whole wheat pasta suppose to be great for pre-workouts, but I don't really like pasta so I just assume stay away all together. Trying to eat foods higher in dietary fiber, oatmeal also adds some protein. Trying to burn what I have stored, so my work outs are lighter and my food is cleaner, much lower in fat and lower in quick-burn carbs. I do eat whole grain pretzels as snacks along with nuts, but everything is in moderation.

I drink more water than anything, and fat free milk is now factored into my daily calorie allotment. Gonna start knocking out smoothies as meal replacements, organic strawberries, blueberries, bananas, ice, and FF milk. Instead of stressing over what to eat for lunch.

I still eat whole eggs however, I'm not doing egg whites only.

(edit) oh I'll try and record my weight more rigidly, this all started with my at 287. Right now I'm 278.

17. Ninjastix

I've been at the gym since getting shit canned, bout to go right now. My left knee is still iffy, but I've been doing free squats. I've been doing a lot of curls with dumbbells, chest presses, back and lats. Starting to do leg presses, and eventually working up to weight squat lifts. Alternating running and elliptical as stair climbers. I've been good with my diet. I'm really calorie conscious, must of wait I eat is in measured amounts. Haven't had a chance to weigh myself which sucks, but I'm trying to use this time to do more physical activity and build more muscle to burn more calories.

Also the ninja works awesome, I use it for my post work out meal instead of eating. I add a yogurt, some ice, some protein, and FF milk with a banana or some strawberries. Usually make around 22 ozs or so and it fills me till dinner. So I'm working the nutrition and activity but I'm still missing my strength and recovery. If I can get on a decent medical plan through school I'm going to see about going back to Testosterone.