Ninja's training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Ninjastix, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Took a week off taking care of the GF, nursing her back to health. Ate pretty good during that period, lost a couple of lbs. Went back to work today and started with some light weights and cardio.

about 4-2 minute intervals of jump rope. A circuit of 15lb weights and 25lbs weights followed by some cardio outside. 3 minutes intervals of jog, run, jog. Walk for a minute, jog, run, jog.

2. Ninjastix

Training like a boss, getting back into the swing, did a cardio day today with a jog, run, jog followed by some stretches, kicks, and shadow boxing.

Cardio is much improved, diet seems to be working well for training. I'm eating considerably less and have started eating some non-AB chicken and turkey, organics, considerably less meats overall.

I still have to invest in a training program though.

3. Ninjastix

Not so good on the workouts last two days, not so much for want of effort, but just not getting into a good groove. Tried more cardio, really trying to get some speed going but my recovery... it is the suck?

Anyway, today I'm planning on some push ups and some shoulders, I forgot my fucking food so crazy cardio doesn't seem to be the best idea. Have to eat double oatmeal because I forgot my yogurt and bananas.

I fucking hate oatmeal.

4. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

I hate oatmeal like 3-4 times a week for breakfast. Not my favourite thing in the world, but I don't really like breakfast in general. I just eat it because you have to.

What was your starting weight again? And whats your weight now?

5. Ninjastix

Pretty much the same weight, maybe a couple of pounds lighter but not many. Started at 280, been 280 for about the last year. Regardless of diet or routine, weight is the same. So I'm looking to be more "fit" not worrying so much about weight. Working on my endurance, my strength, my speed, and my overall nutritional health.

Things I've done:

- Eat significantly less meat
    - Eat better foods overall
    - Eat more vegetables, raw or steamed
    - Eat less per serving
    - No fast food, other than vegetarian
    - No alcohol

Been doing very well in all areas, just not weight. I have lost inches but I'm just still as heavy I was when I started, maybe 5 lb difference.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Also I've been doing more compound exercises, more dumbbells and more explosive running rather than stagnant pace. I"ve combined that with intervals of stomach exercises, punching sets, jump ropes, kicking sets, all types of shit to wear me out and use my energy in bursts.

6. Ninjastix

Re-joined a gym, 10 bucks a month, open 24 hours weekly.

Going to continue doing cardio and free weights during work, and supplement as needed at the gym. Probably just resistance machines and cross trainers, though the elliptical torn meh feet up something awful yesterday, just not use to that motion.

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

$10 a month? fuck me

8. Ninjastix

yep, no contract, 10 bucks a month, full access to equipment and first come first serve on personal training and group classes, you just have to sign up for them in time they're otherwise included.

There is an annual fee though of 30 bucks, which is weird, but that's once a year so it ultimately ends up being just a little more than 10 bucks when you factor in the annual but still! I was paying 49 at my previous gym, not to mention the couple of thousand I dropped on 2 years of personal training.

Can't lie though I learned a shit ton, wish I had had my stomach condition under control at the time.

9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

thats fucking great

i pay $55/month for my 24/7 gym

course I dont mind paying, I go 5x a week and boxing + kickboxing twice a week and bjj (Soon to be) twice a week.

plus work full time

good thing I am single :p

10. Ninjastix

For all that, that's a great price. Crossfit out here is over 100 a month for full inclusion of gym and classes. Actually one of my co-workers says his buddy is paying like 120 a month. There's a MMA gym in Raleigh that does classes, PT, and is a full gym and that too is about 90 bucks a month.

I can't come close to affording any of that, I really want to take up boxing but they can suck my nuts for a fucking car payment a month.

11. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

well boxing is a separate gym and kickboxing/bjj is at another gym

so i go to 3 different gyms

12. Palma

Palma I am chaos

That shit is cheap.

I pay $38 a month for gym

and $130 for BJJ/Boxing

everything is expensive out here.

13. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

fuckin Cali

14. Ninjastix

I know, you'd figure you could train behind a home depot with some wetbacks for like 1/4th the price.

15. Palma

Palma I am chaos

it all works out. I get to charge a lot for my services.

16. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

at my gym it's $40 a month.
    Im a PT so it's free for me :)
    But it's $46 an hour to have me as a PT.

17. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

damn PT's and their privileges...

18. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I heard you retired tonight Ninja. Sorry to hear that, it was a good run.

19. Ninjastix

Well the problem with brother Rua calling himself "Ninja" is that you can see him, usually a dead give away that someone is not a Ninja. Second he was never defeated by a Spartan, which if Deadliest Warrior is any indication, is the only way to beat a Ninja.

As far as my training goes, it's an issue of nutrition again. I've been getting lazy on weekends and not eating or eating poorly but have at least avoided over eating. I'm getting "bigger", especially in my upper body and I just don't understand why but physically I feel great.

I'm running better than I ever have, I have more energy, and I really want to learn how to box Western-style but sadly cannot afford classes.

20. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

I pay the same

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Have you tried TRX yet? My buddy is a PT and he is in love with it.