Ninja's training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Ninjastix, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I've been doing them.

2. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

make sure you go below parallel...or at the very least parallel

3. Ninjastix

I've been trying to get as parallel as possible. Ball squats I can go below, free squats I can't get, I mean I can but the price I pay offsets doing them. I can't afford an injury at this moment so baby steps.

4. JeterLover27

I guess what I am trying to say is..If you get to that point, or you really should get to that point and when you do, you will see and feel the difference. I see guys in the gym who throw on 315 and think they are doing squats when in fact they are really not even doing half squats..I was in the gym last week doing reps with a decent amount of weight i think 355 or something. The kid next to me is doing 275, he says how come you go so low. I said because that is what you are suppose to do. He says to me, it really does not matter, fucking idiot kid lol. So i say,the the weight you are doing go down as low as this and i did a rep with my weight. He went down and could not come back up. It was a riot

5. Ninjastix

Well...

1. I'm not really doing weighted squats. I'm not going to the gym I just really want to concentrate on reducing my overall mass.

2. Squats aren't something I've done all that much of in my physical experience, so I'm warming up to doing them now. Don't get me wrong I see the benefit, and I try to do them right with squaring up my feet, going as low as I can, making sure I'm getting my butt into it, and pushing up from the heel through instead of the ball and toes.

3. Shut up.

6. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

Squats were really beneficial for me and my knee. I won't get into specifics of the injury, but when I would do a squatting motion, I would feel a sharp pain, and it would sometimes get sore. I went from small weights, and kept on building. I haven't felt pain in the knee in months now.
    Any sort of primal movement should be in everyones workout. (Squat, Lunge, Push, Pull, Bend, Twist).

And just some food for thought, muscle burns calories. Weights should definitely be in someones workout program if they want to lose weight and body fat.

7. JeterLover27

Yea, I had a crazy sugery on my knee. My Dr told me you really should not do squats or dead's again as by the time you are 50 you are going to need a full knee replacment anyways. Well, of course i did not listen to him, and my knee has never felt this good. So when I do think the Dr's know there stuff, I do not think they know everything. It is said Squats thicken your bones, I wonder if that is the case here and I have benefited from them in that aspect.

8. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

Yeah I think there's a fine line of the Dr knowing how the knee works, and really how you can rehab it. I know a lot more people too who were told to stay off of it basically forever, and then rehabbed it themselves by squats and working out their legs in general.

I also get tons of calcium and take my vitamin D daily :)

9. Ninjastix

The new studies on Calcium aren't very promising, that's normally the case with health in general you'll hear one thing for a length of time then the opposite. But with Calcium they're finding they do more damage than benefit in the sense of building stones throughout the body. And there's new questions raise to their absorption when taken as a supplement.

I drink enough milk to offset needing a Calcium/Vitamin D supplement, but I've stopped taking my multi actually because of the some of the new research that points to it having little to no effect.

10. Ninjastix

I've been off from training since Friday, today I wanted to see if the rest did me any good and while it's certainly nothing to brag about by any means I was able to run a 9 minute mile which is the fastest I've been able to do so in years.

Weight is about the same, I did an uphill jog after the fast mile, 17 minute run total so a moderate cardio session.

Did some curls today, some tricep, just things to tweak the muscle. I really need to get back into martial arts. There's actually a Krav Maga school that looks very interesting that's in downtown Raleigh but I have no idea what the pricing is like.

Either way I feel pretty good, trying to exercise the core more, I've loosened the restriction on my diet for last week so I ate some meat. It sat well with me but not well enough that I will necessarily continue. I had some turkey and some chicken, nothing extravagant.

11. Ninjastix

So I hurt myself. I think. I don't know honestly, but my right testicle, lower abdomen shooting into my thigh is a tremendous amount of intermittent pain.

I thought it was my lower back, but it swung around to the front this morning. Monday I did wall squats, knee raises, stomach exercises, push ups, and a mile run. Nothing really unique but I felt, what I thought was lower back pain down my ass (gigity) that afternoon, but yesterday sitting in my chair it was like someone kicked me in the nuts. It's been on and off today, it's hard to tell where the fucking pain is but it's spurring my digestive problem from the pain and swelling.

I hope to be back to training tomorrow.

12. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

This might be a stretch, but something to look into. I have been given a wonderful gift again for my birthday this year. Surgery. Again.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with a left Inguinal Hernia. I didn't know it, but there is a 27% chance that males will get it and a 3% chance for females. Seems us fellas start with our testes above our kidneys and they drop through the inguinal canal, so that makes us far more susceptible to them since our abdominal wall has a weakness women don't have.

Basically, I noticed a lump in my lower abdomen. It didn't hurt or anything, but as I lost weight, it seemed to be getting bigger. I am at the body fat percentage where I can see my abs now, so it is more and more noticeable. My doctor took one glance at it and told me what it was. He also said that they aren't always so noticeable and they usually do an ultrasound for them.

Maybe your intestines or something connected to a testicle are being pinched in a tear aggravated when you exercise?

My doctor did tell me that if there was any pain to go to the emergency room, since it can be bowel related and in some cases turn gangrenous. The mention of Gangrene is enough to scare me into the doctor. All day. Every day.

Here's what it looks like. It comes and goes, so I took a photo for my doctor in case it wasn't as noticeable when I went in.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

13. JeterLover27

Hernia

14. Ninjastix

Not a Hernia, no sir.

15. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

Did you figure out what it is then? Sounds terrible

16. Ninjastix

Don't know, pain has subsided, there's no more pulsing but there's still pressure. Nothing is sore to the touch externally, I don't know I've never had a pain that feels like it's in my back, leg, or stomach all at the same time. Maybe it's a groin pull? Because it's only in my right leg, but I can't tell the source of the pain. It's weird, but definitely better, still making my intestines angry though.

17. JeterLover27

I have a friend who gets hernia's lifting barley anything. I have never myself had them.

18. Ninjastix

I figure I would have a protrusion, soreness, redness of the surface but I'm not getting that. I think the problem is the leg, possibly a nerve or a groin pull from kicks. I'm fine standing, no pain or pressure but when I sit, which I have to do all day, that's when it starts in.

19. JeterLover27

take a few days off...just do some walking..

20. Ninjastix

Gonna jog today, I think it's my leg actually, I can twerk my leg a bit and generate the pangs. But it's only sitting.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure I pulled my abductor.