1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Nicco Montano ready to defend title vs Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 228

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Nicco Montano ready to defend title vs Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 228

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

"Champ" is about to get her ass whooped.

3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Only reason this fight gets sanctioned is because this poor woman has the belt.

4. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Valentina via murder. She's going to straight up kill that chick.

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Will this be the first championship fight where the champ is a heavy under dog to the challenger? O)r should I say the biggest in UFC history?

6. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I bet Serra was a big underdog when GSP challenged him for the title.

7. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

That might be the only one I can think of that compares to this.

8. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

Is this fight going to be more or less competitive than the last time a belt won on TUF was defended.

9. Nebraska

Good call. That’s the only thing Vegas should set a line on for this fight.

10. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

OK, so I know I watched the title fight where she won, but for the life of me I've mixed her up with Niko Price and Augusto Montano and somehow envision them both as the 125 champion. It's a weird deal man.

Kevo, Sakara=Excitement and Dimson like this.
  11. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

No. No you aren't.

12. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Valentina should win easily, but it's like one violent win and everyone forgets that Shevchenko was never a power threat at 135. She'll be able to obliterate the women who really shouldn't have been ranked to begin with, but as the division fills out I expect her to look more like the precision striker who didn't have dangerous power she was at BW.

13. Nebraska

I don’t. She can actually carry somewhat of a power advantage at 125 because it’s her natural weight. At 135 she was always the smaller fighter so precision was her counter to everyone else trying to overpower her.

14. AnchorPunch

I just don't feel like I've seen enough evidence for that, but I get where you're coming from. Looking forward to seeing her compete at 125 where I expect her to win mutiple championships by decision. I'll pester you for a fun bet once she gets to fighting more globally ranked talent if you're game.

15. Nebraska

History isn’t on your side here. First of all, stopping someone with strikes isn’t the only way she can finish a fight. Second, she has just as many finishes as wins by decision against top flight 135ers. You’re talking as if she is some pitter-patter point striker.

Sakara=Excitement and Noise like this.
  16. AnchorPunch

That's true, I took my language too far in my later posts. My point isn't that she has pillow fists. My argument is that while she has finishes, the public opinion from her seemed to shift from recognizing that in a reasonable way into these new claims that she's an unbelievably powerful and scary mauler after doing that to the like #90th 125-er in the world. She's amazing and she hits hard for sure. But her last fight is not the norm for her.

17. Nebraska

I haven’t seen anyone call her the next Tyson or anything. What I do see, however, is that she is arguably the best female fighter in the sport and that’s why she’s going to destroy the current champ.

18. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

after dismantling Holly Holm a large 135er. I recognized her as a

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

20. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't nicco that girl that won the TUF season and she had very few fights, was picked last etc?

if that's the girl i'm thinking about it almost seemed like she fell into that title. I don't want to take away from her accomplishment at all, it's incredible. but she seemed like she could be beat at any time. am I remembering that wrong?

Been wanting to ask this for awhile. but i don't want to sound like I'm shitting on her when I could be remembering this wrong