1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 10-11 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Paytheplayer, Sep 12, 2010.

?

Who Will Take it This Year?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2010.
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Detroit Red Wings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Washington Capitals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chicago Blackhawks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Montreal Canadiens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. San Jose Sharks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Philadelphia Flyers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. LA Kings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. New Jersey Devils

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Vancouver Canucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Boston Bruins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Calgary Flames

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Ottawa Senators

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Phoenix Coyotes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Carolina Hurricanes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Edmonton Oilers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Tampa Bay Lightning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

Well, the Rookie tournaments have started, so I figured I'd start the new thread for this season.
    The Leafs rookies defeated the Blackhawks rookies last night 6-3. I'm sure there will be media headlines in T.O. saying that we're on our way towarda a deep playoff run now lol.
    Shocked to see a lot of guys still without a place to play this year.
    Miroslav Satan, Maxim Afinogenov, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Marek Svatos, Jere Lehtinen, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Paul Mara, Robert Lang among many others.

2. neo

neo Misses Karo

Afinogenov got signed I do believe, 5 years in the KHL

3. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

[​IMG]

Time to add another one.

4. Paytheplayer

Yeah you're right he got signed to St.Petersburg. I didn't see anything on it until you mentioned it.
    I can't stand how many guys just bolt to the Russian league it sucks.

This is a year where Im really confused as to who I think has the best chance to win the cup. Usually, it's between the Pens and Wings for me. I don't feel like they changed enough to be the front runners, but at the same time, Chicago lost a lot to be considered the best so who knows.

5. Fat Ass

Fat Ass I need Help

[​IMG]

GO HABS GO

6. Paytheplayer

Luongo gave up the captaincy. I'm wondering if Henrik will be the one to take over.

Sheldon Souray was asked by the Oilers not to come to camp. I'm hearing he's going to be moved sooner or later, and they don't want to risk injury. Apparently the NYR, NYI and Capitals are involved.

The Devils were fined 3 Million, and forfeit a first round pick and a third round pick, for the whole Kovalchuk situation.
    Ouch.

7. Fat Ass

Fat Ass I need Help

Anyone interested in an MMAspot hockey pool?

8. Paytheplayer

Yes

9. jesusatemyhotdog

I am interested as long as it isn't head to head scoring.

If we had a player or game pick'em or something I would be fine with that.

10. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

It will either be Henrik or Kesler to take over. There really isn't a wrong choice between them.

The only way Souray gets moved is if Edmonton takes a bad contract back. Teams are already at the salary cap or the ceiling of the internal budget. Making space for him would take a lot of movement. Him not being allowed at camp has more to do with management not wanting him around the new blood than anything else. There is always the chance they put on re-entry waivers. NYR and Washington don't have the cap space. NYR already will have to move or waive some salary to resign staal.

The Devil's punishment was harsh. I'd be fine with them losing a pick but not a 1st. Definitely not a 1st and a 3rd. At least the fine doesn't count against the cap.

I would definitely be down for a pool.

Edit: Voted Vancouver to win in the poll as a homer vote.

11. jesusatemyhotdog

12. Paytheplayer

I heard rumours that Souray could go to NYR along with Cogliano for something like Redden and Dubinsky. There's the bad contract situation solved lol. I don't think it's worth it to take Redden back though. He's easily one of the top 5 over-paid players in the league.
    I think Redden has a NTC, and pretty sure he blocked a trade to Edmonton like 3 years ago. He also blocked a trade to San Jose 2 years ago. Im sure Rangers fans love that lol.

So far everyone has voted for their favourite team so oh well. I think the Canucks actually have a great shot this year if they can stay healthy. I didn't even add the Leafs.

13. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

WHy would someone put such a beautiful symbol in front of a chick that has toes for thumbs?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Well you all know I love my Habs but Tampa Bay will raise Lord Stanely at the end of this years seasopn.

14. Fat Ass

Fat Ass I need Help

Thanks for ruining my picture for me, didnt notice the freak thumbs... I like Tampa a lot this year too, but I still think they are a piece or two away from cup contention... I like LA in the west, they remind me a bit of Chicago two years ago...

15. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

As always, cheering for the Kings.

16. sourdough

Dude how do you notice that. Up until you pointed it out I wasn't sure if she even had thumbs.

They would be really stupid to take Reddens contract. They would be much better of putting him on re-entry waivers. San Jose or Anaheim would both pick him up on re-entry. They are both looking for a top 4 dman. Or just keeping him in the AHL.

I agree about the Canucks having a great shot. The beauty of them picking up Ballard and Hamhuis is they both barely miss games. Our D is much more likely to be intact going into the playoffs this year.

17. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

Becasue every comedic media outlet mocks her toe thumbs

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

[​IMG]

18. Paytheplayer

Yeah I thought everybody knew that about her.
    Personally, I can't stand her, toe thumbs or not.

Im still curious to see what the Devils do. They still need to free up space after the Kovalchuk signing. Someone like Salvador, Rolston, Zubrus maybe even Zajac might be dealt.

19. jesusatemyhotdog

I really wouldn't give a fuck if Megan Fox had hooks for thumbs - I'd hit it with all the fury of Zeus.

20. sourdough

That's pretty fucked up. That being said, I would still love to get a handjob from her.