New TV Show Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Paytheplayer, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MopSockAndTwoSmokingBarrels

MopSockAndTwoSmokingBarrels The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

the only one of Black Mirror I liked was the bugs episode

that one was fucking great!! The last Preacher made the whole show worth it, that methane plant scene was crazy!!

I cant wait for Season 3 of Knights of Sidonia, Better Call Saul, and the rest of Legion

2. Noise

Noise Ruido

Fargo is my most anticipated shee-it.

I haven't checked out Legion. I haven't even checked out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Really burnt out on the superhero stuff, I think. That massive dump DC took on its own face last year turned me off. And snowballing that shit with Suicide Squad just - No, thanks.

...Though, as much shit as I gave Jennifer Jones, I really liked it. Flawed but, like, yea.

3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Legion, at least from the pilot, seems miles away from a superhero show. I think you'd love it, Noise.

Noise and Trodden like this.
  4. ILJO

ILJO Mr. Self Destruct Site Donor

Yeah.

Remember The Knick? You and I were the only ones. We have a connection. You'll like this one, I can tell.

*Jessica.

Poindexter and Noise like this.
  5. MopSockAndTwoSmokingBarrels

MopSockAndTwoSmokingBarrels The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

Legion is like no other superhero show

it really hasnt taken the approach any other has

and the new Fargo better be better than season 2, but I dont see it beating season one

[​IMG]

Billy Bob made that shit

6. Noise

Noise Ruido

Janet Jones, lol.

7. ILJO

ILJO Mr. Self Destruct Site Donor

I'm pretty sure it was Jessica though...

8. kc56

kc56 Free Dirty!

Bran is right. Man Seeking Woman is hilarious and usually spot on. The humor and appeal seems to resonate with both sexes too. The seasons have been getting better. We power watched season 3 to get caught up.

I've been enjoying Black Mirror. I found many of the topics to be enjoyable and well done.

And to whoever was complaining about having to watch commercials on streaming services? Pay the extra 4 bucks a month on Hulu. I've never missed that money, and REALLY hated the commercials.

sourdough and Poindexter like this.
  9. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

The ol lady and I burned through "The People Vs. OJ Simpson in 3 days. It was very entertaining and I was surprised at how little I knew about the case. I was 14 when this shit was going down and I seemed to remember OJ being guilty as shit without question. But watching the show, I wasn't as sure. I still think he did it but there was a lot more doubt than when I was a kid.

10. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Apparently the ESPN documentary on it is even better and more thorough

But how fucked up was it he went to the funeral

11. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

He obviously meant Jennifer Jones the Canadian curling superstar.

It's great. The war room parody when they are trying to figure out what to text the girl he met on the train is one of the funniest scenes I have scene.

Noise likes this.
  12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I was sold when he was on the blind date with the literal troll. And that was halfway through the pilot.

And sweet merciful crap, his sister, Britt Lower, is a goddamned goddess.

sourdough likes this.
  13. kc56

kc56 Free Dirty!

Traib?! She's gonna think we're crazy!!

14. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Depends on if he actually did it. I was so convinced he did it as a kid. Now, I'm not sure. Is he a woman beating piece of shit? Yes. Did he kill the two of them? I'm not 100 percent sure. I think he did but it wouldn't surprise me if it came out someone else did it.

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Like one of the many other suspects?

16. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

There were no other suspects nor did it appear to me that they looked for any other suspects. They zeroed in on him about as soon as it happened. I'm not an OJ supporter or apologist. All I'm saying is the show took me from thinking he did it for sure to not feeling 100 percent about it. Mark Fuhrman is a certified gold piece of shit so I wouldn't put it past him to plant evidence. All that said, OJ got away with beating that woman for years so fuck him. Then even when he's behind bars, he's arrogant as shit.

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Hard to look for other suspects when every piece of evidence points to the one guy with motive and a history of violence. I don't see what doubt the tv series could put in your mind. I just watched it a couple weeks ago and think they did a pretty good job of showing that he very obviously murdered Nicole Brown. Fuhrman put doubt in the already tainted jury, and I'm sure he isn't beyond planting evidence, but his discovering the evidence was coincidental as he was just the first reporting officer.

18. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I have Hulu and I have the no commercial package. But done shows aren't on hulu and I have to watch them directly from the network sites. But oh well, I don't worry about that anymore I just use show box.

19. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

20. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Just started watching Lethal Weapon and it is pretty damn awesome. It is funny, violent and the guy who plays Riggs nails it. Damon Wayans is a pretty good Murtaugh, even though I wasn't sure at first because I thought he might end up playing the role too much like a comedian. I am only three episodes in but if I didn't have to go to bed, I would definitely binge the entire first season. I say if you are a fan of the movies, you should really like the show.