New TV Show Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Paytheplayer, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

I checked my DVR, and there's like 50 billion shows starting this month. I really don't have time to watch them, so I thought I'd start a thread to review these shows.

Last night, I know that atleast The Event, Chase, Lone Star and, Hawaii 5-0
    debuted.
    Tonight, I'm recording Detroit 187, because I live next door to Detroit.
    I think Wednesday, Undercovers and The Whole Truth premier.
    Thursday - My Generation and whatever else
    Friday - Outlaw...

I know theres more but I can't think.

Im talking new shows too.
    Im stoked because Modern Family starts again this week, but it's season 2. For anybody who hasn't seen it, I suggest you do.

2. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i might check out Undercovers or Hawaii 5-O, but those are about the only new network shows i'm interested in, and even then its not much. however, i did watch Terriers(Wednesdays on FX) and its great so far. i'd definitely recommend that. also, the League is back, which is great. and Walking Dead in a month.

3. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I wanted to check out Detroit 187 because of Michael Imperioli, but I'm in bed by 10 so I guess I'll have to wait for the dvd. Same with Hawaii 5-0.

4. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

So far of the new shows I've watched

Hellcats- It's so-so in the first two weeks, main chick is hot.

I'm DVRing

S*#! my dad told me
    Outsourced
    Boardwalk Empire

Plus my shows that are already coming back for new seasons.

5. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

I watched the Event on Monday.

I thought it was pretty good. One of those shows where it's constantly like "3 weeks ago...2 hours ago...4 days ago..."
    Usually I hate that, but I didn't mind it too much on this one. Pilot was pretty interesting.

6. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

Boardwalk Empire is a must watch.

7. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Shit my dad says?

8. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

yup, Shit my dad says. its the first sitcom based on a twitter.

9. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Omgomgomgomgomg!!!!!

I just fucking read that Locke and Linus as of today have signed to do an hour long drama produced by JJ that has them playing former spec ops (believe it is called odd jobs).

Holy shit balls I am watching this!!!!!

10. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

nooooooooooooo, I'M watching this!

11. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

When I heard they were remaking Hawaii Five-O, I thought it was a horrible idea but the commercials look damn good. I didn't watch the first one yet but it's on my DVR.

Other than Boardwalk Empire, I won't catch any of the new shows. I've established a new rule for myself: Wait until the 3rd season is on before watching seasons 1 and 2. I get so fucking tired of getting really into a show only to see it cancelled. "Lie To Me" and "Fringe" are 2 shows I'm looking forward to catching up on next year.

12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

watch Terriers. its on FX and its great. probably won't make it to a second season, but its definitely worth watching now.

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

I saw the previews and am not watching it for that very reason. I know it's something I'll like and will probably end up getting cancelled.

Speaking of FX, I started watching Justified recently. I DVR'd the entire season when it was on but never got around to watching it. It's good but not nearly as good as I thought it'd be considering the previews and all parties involved. I wonder if they're doing another season.

14. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i think i read Justified is coming back.

but i can't understand your reasoning. its like not watching a movie until you know there's going to be a sequel. if a show is great but only one season, who gives a shit? sure, it sucks that this good show is gone and will likely be replaced by another crappy police procedural, but its still a good show. some of the best shows i've ever seen ended before they should have. and other shows ended WAY after they should have. Prison Break is a show that should have been two seasons. it was plotted for two seasons and the story was done in season two, but they wanted more and the quality of the show dropped dramatically after season 2, enough that i stopped watching. 24 was one of the best shows on tv, but the last 2 or 3 seasons were fodder for the most part.

but look at shows like Deadwood, Arrested Development, Firefly, Black Donnellys, Better Off Ted. it sucks that they finished before they should have but i'm glad they at least got made and i'm glad i got to watch them. and to be honest, i actually prefer shows that end early bc most stories don't need more than two seasons anyway.

by the by, C-Note from prison break is on Terriers.

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Deadwood and Donnellys are two shows that precisely fit my example. Both shows ended leaving you hanging waiting for the next season that never came. I fucking hate that. "Las Vegas" and "My Name Is Earl" are two other shows that ended without an ending. I guess that's better than some shows that have had an official ending that I fucking hated.

16. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

The tv show Life was great and it ended without really telling much. But the final ep was bad ass.

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

two good new sitcoms on Fox premiered yesterday.

Raising Hope is by Greg Garcia, creator of My Name Is Earl. really good first ep. its got that same white trash backdrop as earl, but it also has the same heart and sense of humor without duplicating any of the characters. definitely worth checking out.

and Running Wilde is by Mitchell Hurwitz, creator of Arrested Development, and stars Will Arnett. its got the same comedic timing as AD but again is completely original and i really enjoyed the first episode.

18. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

I know I've said it many times before, but ending Firefly before it got to 5 seasons as was planned by Wheadon. Is a crime against humanity.

19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

absolutely. that show didn't even hint at the stories it was supposed to tell in that first season.

20. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

At least they got the chance to make Serenity, which was bad ass.

Arrested Development is still a sore point with me though. Fucking stupid people. According to Jim goes 8 seasons. AD canceled after 3.

I PVR'd Running Wilde. I'll get to it soon.