1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Streaming: What are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by The Sundance Kid, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I want to. Is it kid friendly?

2. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

I guess I'm going to catch back up on the marvel stuff. I haven't finished this season of luke cage and I have iron fist as well.

Trodden likes this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

other than daredevil Ive only finished Defenders

but Ive seen Punisher 4 times and just might go thru it again, but damn do I hate all the cop scenes in Punisher

more people better die in season 2 thru season 4,815

4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Yup. A little darker than Avatar was, but still written for youth, I’d say

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

So far season 2 of Iron Fist is much better than season 1. That could change but I still have hope.

6. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I do plan on giving it another chance, but netflix just put up a bunch of movies so I have to watch Blazing Saddles at least 3 times before watching anything new

I just want to watch Iron Fister most of the way thru in one sitting, and I dont have the time that often. if I just watch one or two episodes at a time I dont get into it

7. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t get into Iron Fist. I thought it was terrible.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Dimson

The first season was terrible. I almost didn't make it all the way through. So far, season 2 is much better.

Trodden and Poindexter like this.
  9. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I just finished Iron Fist season 2 and the new Rogan special. We are also binging this past season of The Walking Dead.

I liked Iron Fist season 1 and the Defenders. Season 2 was even better.

Also, I’ve always been a fan of Rogan but not really his standup. It always felt like he was doing a Sam Kennison impression and I despise Kennison. His last two specials have been great though. (Rogan’s, not Kennison)

10. nbm02ss

nbm02ss Well-Known Member

Binged The Haunting of Hill House last weekend and I really enjoyed it. A couple scenes definitely made the hair on my neck stand up.

disposableassassin likes this.
  11. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

lol i got nostalgic and went back watching dexter from start to finish... twice.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 18, 2018, ---
    I'm trying to watch the walking dead (never seen it before) but some of the people are really not good actors and it's distracting me. maybe they got better as the show progressed

the first one that bugs me is the guy that boinked the lead guy's wife after telling her he was dead (can't remember the names just yet, I haven't been watching long).

and the CGI is so bad. But i'm pushing through, hoping it gets better.

Also trying to watch the new Netflix "Lost in Space" but man it's rough too.

I spose i'm so used to my recent history watching Dexter through twice, where the acting I thought was superb by almost everyone, that I'm hyper critical. It seems like everyone played their characters so well i loved that series

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Iron fist was cancelled.

I can’t wait for 6am so I can start daredevil season 3

13. Dimson

I heard that. It sucks because it really got way better in season 2. I was excited to see where they went with it.

14. FrankieButNotEdgar

The word is Iron Fist will live on the Disney streaming service that launches next year. They're also supposed to be doing a Scarlet Witch tv series.

His name is Jon Bernthal and his character is Shane. I hated the character but I've grown to love that dude in other shit. (No homo)

He's great as the Punisher and he's done a hand full of movie roles that are great too.

As far as the "acting" on TWD. Most of the cast is comprised of European actors doing their best southern accents because TWD is set in Georgia. That explains what you're perceiving as bad acting. It's a HUGELY successful show. It's currently on season 9 and the ratings are still in the 10-15 million per week area, unheard of for a cable show, especially one that's not family friendly.
    This iteration of Daredevil is such a whiny bitch BUT the show is fucking great. I love D'onfrio's take on Kingpin. I would love to see them spin that character into an anti-hero with him in that role. I find myself rooting for him over Daredevil in season 1. LOL

I just watched a car show on Netflix called Car Masters: Rust To Riches. This guy owns Gotham Garage in Temecula, CA. He takes a car that needs to be restored, restores it and then flips it up for another car that needs to be restored but far more rare so it's worth more money. It's great. There's this chick on their works on engines and she's fire ass hot.
    I absolutely fucking hated Ward in season 1 but he was one of my favorite characters in season 2.

15. Dimson

Yes, the chick on Car Masters is smoking hot. She alone is worth watching that show.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  16. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Just finished season 3 of daredevil and it’s amazing. It has slow spots but has so many great moments. The catholic self loathing of Matt, to kingpins return and bullseye are all outstanding.

sourdough likes this.
  17. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I got around to watching Big Mouth, finished both seasons. Pretty funny.

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

Started Daredevil season 3 this morning but haven’t made it very far.

19. Noise

Noise Ruido

MAKING A MURDERER SEASON 2 (they're calling it "Part 2" which is confusing as fuck because the shit still has what, 14 new episodes? and it's the second season? like, fuck it whatever - BINGE TIME); DAREDEVIL SEASON 3; AND THAT TIGHT ASS NEW HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE SHIT FINNA TURN UP.

Dimson likes this.
  20. Dimson

Luke Cage canceled.