1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Streaming: What are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by The Sundance Kid, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

I was really curious how he was caught, and it really was amazing how it all played out

Poindexter likes this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

It would start and end with the narration:

"Please, please... pull up your pants"
    --- Post Added -- Jan 13, 2018, ---
    I am 6 episodes into Dark and have nailed every one of my predictions thus far. I like the show a lot but it does same mistakes when it comes to anything involving time travel.

The show goes to great lengths to beat you over the head with the idea that time is non-linear, which is a factual statement. But it falls into the time travel trope of imposing linear-time consequences anyway.

The problem with time travel in shows is convincing the audience that you cannot change the events because they have already happened. The choices that are being made have already been made because the moment time travel happened it had always happened. What we experience as the present is the consequence of choices in the past as having been influenced by the future.

That is more than enough. Having the "but you can still change the past stuff" is cool if it's later demonstrated that no, no you can't. Because the choices you make aren't actually being informed by new information. It's the same information you always used to make the same decisions you always did.

My hope for the show is that's where it goes otherwise you end up playing with resolving paradoxes. And I ain't gots no time for that shit.

3. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Not yet but I am going to have to watch it now for sure.

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Show Spoiler
    The legal system fucked him over. Not that he's innocent, but that was a breach of procedure in a major way.

Trodden likes this.
  5. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

I've been binging that.

6. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

Im sure they changed the law so that loophole is there for the prosecution, but if the show was totally accurate in his lawyers action, then he was totally fucked over

even tho he was a serial bomber

Poindexter likes this.