1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Streaming: What are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by The Sundance Kid, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Does one need to see man on the moon first before watching documentary

Trodden likes this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

It was weird, that documentary. There were interesting nuggets but it really seemed more like watching a guy have a really awkward nervous breakdown. I didn't enjoy it, but it's interesting. Don't go into it expecting it to be about Kaufman, it's about Carey.

Trodden likes this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

It would help, but at the same time it will ruin some things in the documentary

having not watched it some of the stuff that happens on and off the screen you wont see coming

I doubt watching the doc first will ruin the movie

it might even give you a bigger appreciation for the craft Jim brought to the movie

If I had the chance Id rather see the movie before the doc, but the other way around should be entertaining

4. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

Jim Carey invented method acting, bro.

But seriously, I didn't enjoy it either. Didn't finish it for that matter. It seemed less "interesting" and more awkward and forced than anything. I wonder how much effort he would have put into all that without cameras there to document his creative genius....

5. Ninjastix

He's not unlikeable but he also comes across in the doc footage as being incredibly self absorbed. Next level narcissism and I think that's where I fell off. It seemed like a perversion of Kaufman's intentions rather than a celebration.

It's a very weird film maybe that makes it worth the watch but I didn't enjoy it. Had it been made from a perspective other than Carey... that's now the story I would want to see and hear.

6. Trodden

it was based on Jims version of Andy, and Andys own family seemed to think he did an amazing job where they actually felt like they were talking to Andy himself

It really helps to have been a big fan of Andys style of comedy and the movie itself first

7. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

The great British bake-off: This was so addicting! Highly recommend.

8. Trodden

9. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

The Magicians, season 2. Better than the first and worth a watch. Binged the whole season in 2 days.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I'm waiting for season three.

11. Dimson

I would watch it on SyFy but they censor it to hell. So I wait until it hits Netflix when it is fully uncensored.

12. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I did not know that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Dimson likes this.
  13. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Big mouth. This show is a fucking riot

14. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Anything good for kids? My kids are 5 and 8. We watched fuller house but I need something I can get behind.

15. Dimson

Troll Hunter.

sourdough, Sakara=Excitement and Miz like this.
  16. Miz

Fucking read my mind broski! We’ve watched like 8 episodes today. I’m in and out with dad jobs but it seems pretty good. Anything else for when we finish this?

sourdough and Dimson like this.
  17. Ninjastix

Started watching Dark. At the end of episode 2 I paused it. Then I told my wife 4 predictions I have about where the story will go. Most times that's a bad thing. But I really like the style of this show. It's some weird mash of The Killing and Lost.

Poindexter likes this.
  18. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

Troll Hunter is great, especially Kesley Grammer. Blinky is my favorite role by him.

The new Duck Tales episodes are good. I've heard Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Legend of Korra and Steven Universe all have a lot of adult fans.

Miz likes this.
  19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Avatar is a perfect series for adults with kids. It's got good action, comedy, characters, storytelling. It's honestly a total package. Haven't seen all of Korra, but it's a great followup.

Miz likes this.
  20. Miz

I just got Netflix. Since I’m just coming out of the dark ages I am just now figuring out it’s power. It actually suggest things for me. It proposed Leminy Snickets and LEGO Ninjago. That and the ones you guys suggested should keep my hellions busy.