1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis official for UFC 241

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by S=E, May 11, 2019.

1. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

A drop off hasn't happened though.. He look a year off and came back looking his best already once before

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  2. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Nate looks in much better physical shape these days then he did years ago when he was fighting consistently. As long as he is training like he always has, he is always a threat on any day especially if his opponent isn’t a wrestler.

3. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

One year off vs 3 years off is different. His only opponent in 4 years has been McGregor.

I can see the argument that it doesnt affect his style as much but he is older and has fought much less. Its bound to catch up..

4. Noise

Noise Ruido

This idea that Nathan was ever elite to begin with is fucking hilarious. The only thing special about that boy is his IQ. "Ring rust" – Try brain rust.

Dimson and Clark Kent like this.
  5. LebenTysonTank

LebenTysonTank Well-Known Member

Do you contend that the Nate that beat Cowboy and Gomi,all the way to the Nate that beat Conor (twice imo ,edit: 2nd fight actually I scored a draw) could not beat any 155 Lb fighter on any given day? If Nate fought Edgar when he was champ 10 times would Nate lose every time? You saw what he did to Maynard around that time,which was the 2nd time he finished him. How about Alvarez,Pettis, or BJ Penn??

MMA fans seem to not realize that sometimes it's literally just about timing sometimes. We KNOW for a FACT he could have beat Conor when he was champ. Just because he lost to RDA and Benson Henderson on those given nights means that he couldn't have possibly beaten them on another night?

When he fought RDA he fought with a blown out knee,he was so hurt he couldn't even cut weight,google what Nate weighed in at for that fight.

Nate IS ELITE. A guy that's been in the top 5 and never out of the top ten for over a decade?? Yeah,that's elite by my standards.

Beardown98 and m1ckey kn0x like this.
  6. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Coach Roufus: Nate Diaz's hatred toward Anthony Pettis will backfire at UFC 241

7. Noise

Noise Ruido

Nigga, fuck you.

Dimson likes this.
  8. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

He didn't win a single round against Henderson or RDA, with a few rounds being 10-8. Did you watch the Henderson fight? It was a complete dismantling of every Diaz, especially his utter lack of gameplanning. Since we're currently bashing Andrade for a hail mary slam to beat Thug Rose; a hail mary, pure luck, out of the blue submission was the only way Diaz was winning either the RDA or Henderson fights. I don't think Diaz was beating those two fighters "on another night".

Would you really favour Diaz over any Edgar, Prime Penn or Prime Alvarez? I'd expect a similar fight to RDA/Henderson against Edgar and Alvarez. Prime Penn was picking everyone apart. Hell, he went to WW andd didn't get completely mauled to the point that he had to run back down to 155.

We really have to clarify what ELITE means. Does Diaz belong in the same grouping as Edgar, Penn, Aldo, etc. Guys who have fought for, won and defended titles. Also, guys like Edgar, Penn, Aldo, etc have won against bad stylistic matchups. I wouldn't consider Diaz to be ELITE as he's fared very poorly when guys have styles that work well against him or fighters have gameplanned effectively against him.

9. Noise

Noise Ruido

[​IMG]

10. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

[QUOTE="LebenTysonTank, post: 1050175, member: 184"
    When he fought RDA he fought with a blown out knee,he was so hurt he couldn't even cut weight,google what Nate weighed in at for that fight.
    [/QUOTE]

Why did you tell us to google that? It sounds like you know? Why didn’t you just write it? Did you google it and then tell us to google it? Why?

Kevo likes this.
  11. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

[​IMG]

Palma and Miz like this.
  12. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I consider (just about) any fighter to make it to the UFC "elite" in the grand scheme of things. Now all time greats is a different story. However, Nate, who has put on a ton of "OTN" fights, beat the dog shit out of a lot of dudes, and made history in the Conor fights is what I consider a top fighter and always a big draw for that type of fanbase. A lot of people love him or hate him. Plus every actual fighter respects the game of the Diaz brothers. They may not be the physically strongest or good wrestlers, but they are built very well for fighting. Extremely good cardio and endurance, tough as nails, and gritty as hell. They accumulate damage through volume and that is no easy task. No one comes to fuck around in a Diaz fight cause they know if they get caught slipping or caught into the Diaz type of fight, they could find themselves in trouble. I respect the success Nate has been able to find off of the Conor fight and using his name to do well in the marijuana industry. I can't hate on anyone's success who came from nothing.

I used to be one of the biggest Diaz haters back in the day at the News. Times have changed. I think most of my hate toward them was placed by people they reminded me of that I grew up with and around my town. Nate Diaz isn't a bad dude though. They have done a lot of good for the kids they train in their community.

Sydman and Kano like this.
  13. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Nate is elite. Fuck all that other @Noise.

LebenTysonTank and Dimson like this.
  14. Miz

I love when Noise calls him Nathan.

This is a great fight. Seems like the best/fights I’m looking forward to the most are happening at lightweight. Diamond Khabib, Cowboy Ferg, and oh fucking nevermind, this is happening at 170, right? I’m a dumb dumb.

Dimson likes this.
  15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I'd say parts of his game are elite. But he lacks the resume to be considered elite imo

Nebraska likes this.
  16. Miz

His fighting spirit is elite. If that’s a thing. Definitely has a warrior spirit. Always exciting.

Edit: I’m having a weird week and this got lamer on my second and third reading of it. I apologize.

m1ckey kn0x and Kevo like this.
  17. S=E

Is this Nate Diaz being elite thing the same as BJ Penn being motivated?

Qball1974 and Miz like this.
  18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Um fuck yes Nate is elite

LebenTysonTank likes this.
  19. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Name the elite lightweights in the UFC.

20. S=E

BJ Penn.
    BJ Penn.