Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis official for UFC 241

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by S=E, May 11, 2019.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I need to rewatch his fights cause I don’t recall him taking anyone down. I don’t think he’s that good of a grappler. RDA rag dolled him and he will be the smaller man. Not saying he can’t win. I just don’t think it will be from grappling. I could be wrong. (On a side note my buddy submitted him in a Bjj match!)

Kano and Dimson like this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

The thing with pettis and I don’t like him at all, just more then Diaz, is that he showed he was amazing fighter. Outside of his flashy shit he has very good counters, kickboxing, striking and is slick on the ground. But then poof its like he stopped training or caring or maybe lost the extra help and he went down hill fast. Now he is very inconsistent, if the real pettis shows up I think he lays a beating on Nate, and if not Nate is gonna lay a beating on him.

Miz likes this.
  3. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I just change my mind whenever you guys make an argument. Who's going to argue for the surprise ref being Jason Knight who then dropkicks Pettis to become the intercontinental champion?

4. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I don't agree with that at all. Nick's tdd is non existent, but Nate uses the cage to stay standing and consistently goes for the kimura and throws elbows to the back. Nate will even try judo foot sweeps now and then.
    --- Post Added -- May 14, 2019, ---
    This is a bad match for Pettis, he's gonna get picked apart standing and submitted on the ground

chrisc and Afro like this.
  5. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I genuinely can’t remember Pettis ever taking someone down.
    --- Post Added -- May 14, 2019, ---
    I think it all depends on Nate and if he comes out sharp. The best Diaz beats the best Pettis

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Palma likes this.
  6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

He's got good scrambles. I think that'll keep him out of danger on the ground

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Shit maybe I’m just thinking about him getting taken down and then getting the sub.

Diaz won’t get tired of punching someone in the face. Only way to tire him out is beat the shift out of him.

I don’t agree with the best Diaz beats the best pettis. But I will say anything other then the best on game pettis Nate beats.

None of us really know how the 3 years off have effected Diaz. Could be a blessing or he could come in rusty an way off.

They should have booked this fight for June. Better chance of it happening. August is to far away. Pettis might trip fall and get hurt.

8. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

Pettis used a wrestling heavy game plan against Jeremy Stephens. That's the only time I remember his takedowns having a meaningful impact.

9. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

That was champion Pettis for sure: Make you uneasy on the feet and then submit the wrestle-boxer when they shoot.

10. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Nate has been in the cage in 3 years..and only twice since 2015, against the same Irish man. What does he really look like after such inactivity?

Meanwhile, Pettis has been competing regularly against top comp..His last 6 fights since Dec 2016 are Holloway, Jim Miller, Poirier, Chiesa, Ferguson and Thompson.

Pettis is active and off a HUGE ko win. His cardio at 170 is not a liability and i think with a smart, leg kick heavy game plan, Pettis can take this fight..

Kevo likes this.
  11. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I’m not trying to back myself into a “Pettis has no chance in hell” corner here, but this smart game plan stuff from the people picking him to win has me confused. When was the last time Pettis utilized something more intricate than “do cool shit, hope it works”?

You guys are talking about a version of Pettis that doesn’t exist.

12. Noise

Noise Ruido

The only thing Pettis has to bring with him against Nathan are vowels and the alphabet.

13. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Pettis going for takedowns?? Ain’t happening. This fight is going to get personal. Both are coming to throw down for pride and glory. Someone is going to get their ass beat. Plain and simple. There isn’t going to be any game plans. This is a good old fashioned fight. No bullshit plans, no bullshit weight cutting, no bullshit stepping stone to the meaningless title... this is for blood, to show who the better man is, and for some cash $$$$. Both of these guys in their own eyes represent the street. Diaz from Stockton, Pettis from South FL. Both stand and bang, fuck the rest.

And I love it. Respect both of these guys and will congratulate who comes out on top.

Qball1974, Palma and Kano like this.
  14. Noise

Noise Ruido

He a Milwaukee* nigga, the fuck you talking about South Florida lol.

Nathan's coming for money he'll complain about later; the only pride and glory that boy has is in picking his fucking nose.

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  15. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

He’s part Puerto Rican. All Puerto Rican’s and Cubans are from South Florida, even if they weren’t born there!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Kano, m1ckey kn0x and Dimson like this.
  16. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Hahahahaha, shit. I was drunk. Wonder why I said south FL. I know he’s from Milwaukee.

:rofl:

17. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Smart may be the wrong word. Obvious would be better. Its the obvious game plan for Pettis to destroy Nates lead leg. Kicking is something Pettis already uses continually so i see it happening.

Nate has competed so infrequently over the past 5 years i could really see a drop off happening for him.

18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Just an opinion, but I don’t think competing infrequently effects him as much as it would other guys. Just based off things he’s said and posted, I think an out of camp Diaz is still in the gym everyday. But I do see what you mean

chuckthechamp, Noise and Kevo like this.
  19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

He's pretty consistently competing in triathlons and bjj tournaments, right?

20. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Yep. Nick seems like he’s been more into the party scene though, I’m curious if Nate has follows suit.

Also, just read Pettit saying how they have bad blood and don’t like each other and can’t wait to hurt him, I guess I missed all that

m1ckey kn0x and Kevo like this.