1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis official for UFC 241

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by S=E, May 11, 2019.

1. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I hear @Kevo threw him around outside a 711 for giving him a look.

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Watch your tone motherfucker.

m1ckey kn0x, S=E and Anchorpunch like this.
  3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Should be one hell of a fight.

5. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Showtime kick vs Stockton slap.

Five rounds Nate wins it.
    Three rounds Pettis could win two, maybe.

6. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

I hope Pettis puts the fucking STAMP on Nate!! As much as ive loved the Diaz bros in the past, their antics have soured on me.

Its a tough style match up but il take Pettis..using alot of kicks me thinks..

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Qball1974 and Anchorpunch like this.
  7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I think pettis is pretty much better at everything expect cardio. Well their bjj is a wash neither are going to get the sub. Pettis has better striking and wrestling. I think this is pettis fight to lose.

8. Nebraska

Since this is likely going to be a brawl I’ll take the guy with a 3.5-inch reach advantage who also happens to be historically adept at punching people in the face.

Dimson and SandyWH like this.
  9. Clark Kent

Unlike others who punch Diaz and drop him, pettis won’t be afraid to chase him to the ground.

Maybe Diaz will prove me wrong and show me something different but I think pettis beats his ass in a one sided fight, specially if it’s 3 rounds. I think pettis comes forward tags him a few times and takes him down, rinse and repeat.

Diaz doesn’t tend to do well with people who pressure him and can strike.

Diaz usually takes over when the other person gases. But in 3 round fight I don’t see pettis gassing.

10. Nebraska

Diaz-Cerrone, Diaz-Johnson, Pettis-Holloway.

Kano likes this.
  11. Clark Kent

Cerrone looked like a zombie in that fight and just stood there like a retard. Johnson isn’t a better striker then Nate, and I’ve never seen pettis Holloway but if your talking about him gassing, wasn’t that fight at 145. Not saying it was the factor but it could have been.

But look at all Nate’s losses. They come from people who can out strike him and or take him down whenever they want. Which is 2 things pettis can do.

12. Nebraska

Because Nate was punching him in the face.

He’s a pressure fighter who can wrestle and strike, and Nate beat his ass.

You should check it out, because I think it gives a good look into how this matchup might play out.

13. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Hope Nate makes it. Been waiting too damn long. Win or lose, like him or not, whatever, this shit will be entertaining as fuck from the moment they get near each other leading up to the fight. This fight is covered in grit and grime. There is a past and Pettis has already sparked it up by wasting no time to bring shit up and says he wants to hurt and KO Nate. I love it! This shit is going to be good!

Love what Pettis has been doing lately. It was amazing what he did against Wonderboy and I respect him a lot for his fight with Ferg, but... Nate Diaz is coming back to scrap. Win or lose, war Nate.

Time to bring out the Stockton uniform.

As for the fight, I think Nate needs to be mostly looking out for kicks. Leg kicks, body kicks, and head kicks. Everyone knows Nate is open season for leg kicks. But if Pettis is coming to this fight with pride on his back, which I think he is, he may just get into a war of trading hands to try and capture that win with his fists to speak volumes. I hope that’s what happens.

Man, if they would just put this fight on a card with Ferg/Cerrone and Holloway/Max... what an incredible universe that would be.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

If Pettis comes in calculated and looking for openings to strike/shoot he will be beaten up badly.

If Nate had stayed active I would say that Nate takes this fight easily. The only thing stopping from that is that we don't know just how active Nate's been in his time off. Has he been conditioning his body/chin.

Nate should be able to beat Pettis to the punch and keep the volume up to the point that Pettis never has a chance to really get going.

Kevo likes this.
  15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I'd pick Diaz by finish if it was 5 rounds. I think Pettis can survive 3 rounds of face punching, especially if he utilizes kicks. Foot work and leg kicks are his best chance of beating Diaz.

Poindexter likes this.
  16. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I think style-wise it's not a good match-up for Pettis in the striking, Pettis likes to counter and Diaz's boxing and reach can negate that. Venture to say Diaz will be the bigger guy at 170, I think that'll give him the advantage in the clinch/grappling.. If Pettis doesn't get his leg kicks off Diaz will probably pressure him against the cage and beat him up. 3 year lay off is long though, and Pettis has looked probably his best in forever so he might surprise.

Anchorpunch likes this.
  17. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I feel like I asked this before, but what makes you think Pettis can take Diaz down whenever he wants? Diaz is bigger and Pettis is not a wrestler.

18. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Duke Roufus On Impersonating 'Homie' Nate Diaz In Training Anthony Pettis

Dimson likes this.
  19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Roufus gonna slap him.

Dimson likes this.
  20. Clark Kent

Because in the fights I’ve seen with him when he wants to get a take down he does, and Nate’s Tdd is terrible.