1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis official for UFC 241

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by S=E, May 11, 2019.

1. LebenTysonTank

LebenTysonTank Well-Known Member

What is your measure for a better athlete? A decathlon? GSP would probably beat Nick in a decathlon,but Nick would beat him in a triathalon, running,swimming,and biking.

There are different measures of what makes a good athlete,it would be like trying to argue who's better between Deoin Sanders or Michael Jordan.

TriangleSmoke and Miz like this.
  2. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I wasn’t specific and I wasn’t deeply thinking. I meant athletic wise like jumping, high jump, throwing an object, running fast, hurdles. Explosive events. I think Diaz would win the long distance ones. I was talking pure explosive athletic events. I’m no expert in this. It’s just my eye test that says GSP is more athletic. MJ and Sanders are both explosive athletes. My uneducated comparison would be MJ and Reggie Miller. Reggie was an awesome basketball player but MJ was better as an athlete and a basketball player. That’s enough of me rambling as none of that possibly made sense and God have mercy on my soul.
    Bo Jackson vs insert name: help me Kano.

LebenTysonTank likes this.
  3. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

[​IMG]

Miz likes this.
  4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

I had a friend I played hockey with, no matter what he did or tried he was good at it.

Their were people better then him at what he did/tried but they weren't good at the other things he was.

Miz likes this.
  5. LebenTysonTank

I'd argue that Deion being able to be dominant in both NFL football and the MLB baseball would be a good basis for an argument that says Deion Sanders is the better athlete and Jordan is the better competitor. Could Jordan beat Deions 40 time?

TriangleSmoke likes this.
  6. Miz

I’m not arguing that. They were both extremely athletic, and yes Prime Time is crazy athletic. I’m saying GSP could run faster, throw farther, and jump higher than Diaz. That was our high school track coach’s (also football coach) speech before events. “Run fast, throw far, jump high!” I’m also saying that if GSP and Nick Diaz started in my town and ran to St. Louis that Diaz would get there first.

Qball1974 likes this.
  7. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Bo Jackson and Lance Armstrong are two of my favorites. Talk about different skill set, body type. But both are in the best ever rankings.

Mike Jordan didn't show much on the baseball diamond but that doesn't diminish his athletic ability.

Skill and athletic ability are two separate traits which get confused at tmes.

Miz likes this.
  8. Miz

Did you watch that 30 for 30 on Jordan playing baseball? He was starting to do ok when he went back to basketball (thank goodness he did.). If he kept at it he wouldn’t have been a superstar but he would have been good. He had both.

9. Kano

I did not see it.

10. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Prime Time, son.

11. Kano

If I had to build a basketball team from scratch Jordan would be my first pick.
    If I had to build a football team Deion might not make it.

12. LebenTysonTank

You're fuckin tripping. Prime time is without a doubt the best cornerback of all time.

(Thread officially derailed)

Beardown98 likes this.
  13. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

You are on crack. There is more to playing corner than just covering receivers, especially in an era where teams ran the ball a lot more. Deion tackled like a kicker.

14. LebenTysonTank

You must be in your late 60s? One of those old timers that are delusional enough to think Ronnie Lott would be just wreaking havoc in today's NFL?

15. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I’m the same exact age as your crazy ass and I remember Rod Woodson had more interceptions, more pick-sixes, more forced fumbles, more sacks, and more than twice as many tackles. Not to mention he was more durable — 10 seasons without missing a game.

S=E, Kano and Poindexter like this.
  16. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Deion Sanders the best cornerback of all time!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    --- Post Added -- Aug 14, 2019, ---
    [​IMG]

Nebraska likes this.
  17. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Deon Sanders isn't even the greatest football player with the last name Sanders

MichaelK, Nebraska and Kano like this.
  18. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

Or the greatest fried chicken chef with the last name Sanders.

Nebraska, Miz and Trodden like this.
  19. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I'd draft Bernie over Deon

sourdough likes this.
  20. Beardown98

Beardown98 Well-Known Member

Ok I’m on board with D Sanders being the goat at corner. He took away whomever he covered. You just didn’t throw to his side of the field. R Woodson is an all time great as well but he didn’t scare you the way Deon did and while he was a spectacular CB and damn good safety at the end of his career he couldn’t shut people down and take away a portion of the field like Primetime did.

LebenTysonTank likes this.