1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

My wife

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Palma, Jun 10, 2018.

1. strife

strife I

Wishing the best in the procedure and a quick recovery.

No need to preemptively apologize for your baseline, we know what this thread is really for.

Anal Prolapse and Palma like this.
  2. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

Hope everything goes well.

3. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. She's been a nurse in the OR for 12 years, so odd to be on this side of the knife.

She has a left aortic arch, and it wraps around her trachea and esophagus and constricts them, causing massive discomfort. They're hopefully just going to severe the ligamentum arteriosum (i think it's what it's called) to alleviate the constriction.

4. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Wow, Palma, I'm sorry man, i hope things go as well as humanly possible.

We're all here to shit on you if you need to get mad about something else :)
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---
    holy shit that gives me the creeps just thinking about it. So she has to deal with feeling choked by her own body? damn

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

What's the recovery like if you don't mind me asking? How long will she be out of commission?

6. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

Oh I see. That’s called a vascular ring. They can be pretty annoying to say the very least. Make it difficult to swallow or breathe sometimes and cause some intense coughing or choking fits and what not.

97CC82E0-78D2-49EE-AD20-C5114E6A8889.jpeg

It’s kind of crazy how anatomical development can just mess up sometimes like that. In med school I found out during an ultrasound lab that one of my kidneys never migrated up from my pelvis. It probably won’t ever cause me any problems but now I get to feel asymmetrical for the rest of my life which is kind of annoying.

7. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

I sincerely hope all goes well Palma. It is not a good time when your wife gets wheeled into the OR...believe me. I've been there. And the recovery at home is no joy either. It sucks to feel powerless when the love of your life is hurting. Hang in there. And if anyone around here irritates you while all that is going on..I'm sure your usual verbal throat punch will take care of them. Take care of yourself and your wife.

8. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

Sending good vibes and well wishes for a speedy recovery for your wife.

9. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

Best wishes man!

10. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Yeah, she has thee cardiovascular anomalies that are causing this, but this seems like the easiest and healthiest solution.

The surgen said some people have the same things going on but aren't bothered by it and don't know they have it.
    Whoa whoa whoa. We're talking about my wife not the love of my life. That red headed stripper at centerfolds is doing just fine.
    Well they're going through the sternum, so anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months is what they are saying.
    Yeah! For 6 years she had no idea what was going on. Her previous doctor thought it was a mental manifestation of stress and prescribed her Vicodin. Her new doctor immediately ordered an MRI and we found out two days later.

Qball1974, Poindexter, Dimson and 2 others like this.
  11. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Not sure if you're religious, but I am.

Lord,
    Please be with our friend and his wife and their family as she has this surgery.
    Please be with the medical staff and surgeons to help them make all the right decisions and treatments.
    I pray that you're healing hands over the entire situation and for a speedy recovery from this procedure for all involved.
    Amen

Respect.

m1ckey kn0x, Palma and 0mega1 like this.
  12. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

*your

Kevo, Dimson and SickNasty like this.
  13. Palma

Palma I am chaos

She's out and it went well. Thanks for well wishes.

kc56, strife, Ninjastix and 14 others like this.
  14. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

Good to hear Palma. Congrats. Glad to hear they finally figured out what was wrong and permanently corrected it. Now you can both relax, get some much needed rest, and you can go take care of her untill she's recovered.

15. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’ll continue prayers for a swift recovery!

You got family that live close by? How long will she have to stay in the hospital?

That post about the red head at centerfolds made me literally laugh out loud! “My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold. My angel is a centerfold. My angel is a centerfold.”

Palma, Anal Prolapse and Dimson like this.
  16. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Glad to hear all is well. She should be back in tip top shape by football season.

Palma and Anal Prolapse like this.
  17. Miz

Hopefully she is a Chief’s fan. They’re still in your division, right?

Palma, #1taz, Dimson and 1 other person like this.
  18. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

Maybe both

Palma likes this.
  19. Miz

How’s she doing @Palma ? Hope things are good.

20. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Really good. Looks like she's getting discharged today

Dimson, Qball1974, Poindexter and 3 others like this.