1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

My journey to getting back in Shape

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by willpunisher, Feb 26, 2011.

1. willpunisher

willpunisher Proud Brasilian

Up to 2009 i was always in great shape, always active playing bjj 3x a week, muay thai 3x a week, soccer 4x a week, bike riding 5x a week and gym 5x a day. But September of 2009 I went to florida and i was in heaven and didnt do shit but eat a shit long 4x a day, drink heavly and lay on the beach. I came to jersey in April of 2010 and i went from great to good. Had a motorcycle accident end of summer and i when i saw myself in the shower the other day i couldnt see my toes cuz of my stomach(and cuz i was pissed drunk and when i drink my stomach bloats up like crazy) so i went nuts.

In October I was fully recuperated from my accident. Before i hit the gym i thought to myself that first i would lose the weight and push myself like i never had before so i got myself a copy of p90x and bands, went to cotsco got all my healthy food for the next month. I started at 169.7 pounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was doing better than i thought with my diet and didnt cheat the whole month. I was strictly eating egg whites for breakfast with apple. Snack i would have nuts. lunch i would have tuna(which i hate but i learned to eat it). i would workout and than have my post workout shake. than have chicken breast for dinner. once in a while before going to sleep if i was hungry i would drink another protein shake.

2. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

just do bjj

3. willpunisher

one of the mods please move this to the training log. i thought i had posted there but clearly i didnt.

4. Noise

Noise Ruido

Being on a diet fucking sucks, man. I've heard that's, like, the most important part. I exercise, but my diet's gone straight to hell the past month or so. I don't have weigh-in's or anything serious coming up (EVER), so...It's not a big deal for me, haha.

Buena suerte, Brazileiro. And what happened in your motorcycle accident, if you don't mind me asking. You weren't doing your best Black Devil of Moscow impression, were you? CUIDADO!

5. willpunisher

I was riding on route 21, that shit is only 2 lanes going and 2 lanes coming. and there was mad traffic so i was just riding normal no crazy shit. Some asshole started coming my way into my lane. i honked 3x times nothing. when he got really close to me i kicked his car and it was a loud noise cuz i had boots on. idk the guy must had panicked or something and threw the car towards me, i had no where to go but the wall next to me cuz the car in front of me wasnt moving. when i tried to make the pass and go in the middle of the 2 lanes there was a huge pot hole, i lost control and the front of the bike got stuck in the hole and i went flying and rolling 100 feet. when i stopped rolling i thought i was dead, i looked back and put my arm out and the same fucking guy that was throwing his car towards me before had stopped the car in the middle of the 2 lanes. the tip of my fingers were like 2 inches away from my head. i jumped up and i almost fell again cuz of my knees were destroyed from when i stopped flying i hit both knees hard on the ground and than rolling. i took off my helmet and smashed it against the guys headlight and grill it broke both. the guy came out yelling at me if it wasnt my friend that didnt a uturn and came back to get my bike up and hold me i would had smashed the guys head with the helmet. before one of my friends pulled me away i hit the helmet against the hood and dented that also. i think it was one the new altima or g37 not sure. i was in shit load of pain and could barely walk but i had to get back on the bike and ride away cuz i didnt have a bike license than, or insurance or plates.
    got home took my clothes off and the palm of my hands were like half gone, both knees were all fucked up, you could see the bone in 3 different places. upper shoulder and lower back, elbows was a bloody mess and my ankle hurting like hell, took a shower and called my aunt who is a nurse she put fucking alcohol on everything and fucking shit that hurt like hell. couldnt bend my knees for a week and a half, fingers hurt when i bent them. couldnt go to hospital, no insurance and last time i went to the hospital cuz i had a tooth pain before i didnt get any help nurse gave me fucking tylenol and made me wait 5hrs before saying noone could help me. a week later i get a bill for $550. so fuck that. nothing was broke so i didnt bother.
    bike had a few scratches on the plastic. windshield and left rearview mirror broke. but that was it. nothing major.

6. willpunisher

So 31 days later i lost 4 pounds but the only difference i was seeing was on my stomach.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

changed my diet a little bit after day 31.
    breakfast i would have oatmeal with skim milk and cheddar cheese. cheese sticks for snack. lunch i would have grilled chicken. protein shake after my workout. and 2 baked potatoes with mozzarella cheese and lean ground hamburger for dinner.

7. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

Whats your height? Age? Goal weight?

8. strife

strife I

Get rid of the potatoes.

9. willpunisher

5'8. just turned 26. 165-170 lean muscle sexy machine

this is where a lot of people bump heads. the potatoes are the only thing that i eat that provide me with carbs. and after a workout i need the not only the protein but also carbs.

after day 61 i was suppose to change my diet again but i wasnt seeing as much result as i wanted to see so i kept with oatmeal and milk, cheese sticks, chicken breast, protein shake, and dinner i would some days have pork chop, steak or just an extra lean burger with baked potatoes. i got frustrated after 3 weeks plus i had a lot of personal problems so i stopped working out for 3 weeks. so i stopped working out for 2 weeks but i was still eating clean oatmeal, chicken, and tuna.

I got myself the bowflex dumbbells and my bench from the garage and put them in my room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

How high do those dumbells go up? Just 55?

11. Paytheplayer

This is the main reason I can't just workout at home. I tried for about 1 day and not having DB's over 40 killed me.

12. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

lol yea, i could never use that. I am doing 65lb dumbells on my last set in dumbell curls...lol

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

come to think of it...the only think I could use light weight for like that is kick backs for triceps

13. Paytheplayer

You're a monster though.

I'm 5'10, and was 204 just dropped to 195 in 2 weeks. Im sick, so I havent been able to taste food for 9 days now so my diet has been extremely clean. Anyways, I use below 50's for when I work my bi's and tri's and for chest flies. But for chest press, shoulder press etc I definitely need over 50's. Chest press is my favourite exercise too.

14. willpunisher

yeah only 55

15. willpunisher

After day 61 i did not see as much progress as i wanted so I did not take any pictures. But i kept on going strong the 2nd month with my diet, i cheated probably once twice.
    3rd month came and i was still not happy enough about my changes. 3rd month i was suppose to change my diet completely but I didnt, i mixed the first month and second month's diet together to try and lose more weight and see a difference. I was bummed out because i had problems with my lawyer and immigration. So on day 80 I went back to the gym instead of doing p90x since i was already bummed and started getting lazy as seeing no results from working out at home.
    So last week i shaved my beard that was making me look like King Leonidas and decided to shave my body hair too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and yesterday i weighed myself, 150.7 pounds!!!!

16. willpunisher

so i'm pretty good shape now that i've dropped to 150 pounds. But now i want to put some lean muscle on and get up to about 155 clean.

So i've added things to my diet. to help with the weight gain.
    Breakfast: turkey bacon, apple, egg whites.
    snack: whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter.
    Lunch: whole wheat pita with tuna fish.
    p/w snack: my mega super duper protein shake.
    Dinner: Brown Rice with chicken breast or Whole Wheat Pasta with chicken breast.

and i've changed my workout as well.
    The first 3 weeks will be working out 3x a week with one day in sauna and pool. Every exercise will be 3 sets of 10-12 reps with no more than a 1min rest.

Barbell Bench Press, Bent-Over Barbell Row, Squat, Barbell Shoulder Press, Triceps Pressdown, Barbell Curl, Standing Calf Raise. Crunches will be 3 sets till failure.

Week 4, 5 and 6 i will change the workouts again. Lets see how things will be in 3 weeks and how much there will be of changes.

Tomorrow i will take my measurements to keep up.

17. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Damn good job man. That's awesome.

18. willpunisher

thanks brotha

19. willpunisher

so I never just ran for the hell of it or anything. and after high school whenever i would go play soccer i would be tired at hell after one sprint. and i want to change that. Today i will start my journey to being able to run. walk a block, run a block, walk a block, run a block. on friday i will try to kick it up a notch, walk a block, run 2 blocks, walk a block, run 2 blocks.

I've also gotten myself a jump rope. i loved doing it when i was younger and when i was 10-11 i had pretty big legs and i was pretty light on my feet and i think it was because of rope jumping. BUT haven't done that in over 15 years. So i will also try to get my grove back. 10 rope jumping, 10 secs rest, 10 rope jumping, 10 sec rest and bump it up as i go on.

I've started doing my diet at first just so i could look for when i got to Brasil and since that didn't happen in february my 3 month journey has come and i've lost 17 pounds and now i'm on a 9 month transformation! I got all the tools at home, i got my motivation and grove.. Can't stop, won't stop!