1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Monsonbychoke Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Walter Sobchak, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

i have no way to measure and just wouldent bother to be honest...

2. Walter Sobchak

so today I did arms....Nothing crazy

did some curls with the Easy curl bar

80 x 12

100x12

120x 8

130x 5

140x5

150x2

Then I just did some dumbell curls with 50, 55, 60's ending with the 60's for just 5.

Then lastly i did some tricep extensions and pull downs. Heavy workout but not a ton of different exercises

3. Walter Sobchak

dealifts
    135 x 10
    225x10
    315x8
    365x 5

405x3
    405x5
    405x3

450x1

4. WinnipegRush

WinnipegRush Client Service Rep

MBC how much do you weigh i know you have said this somewhere but i totally cant remember. Was just showing my buddy your training log and he is jealous.

5. Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva UFC Middleweight Champion

240ish I believe.

6. Walter Sobchak

225...I will be hopefully no more than 220.6 come november for that regional meet. I want to compete in that weight class. I want a challenge because 240 would make things a lot easier for me but i want to do the weights i was doing before at a lower weight class.

7. WinnipegRush

WinnipegRush Client Service Rep

Your a fucking beast.

8. Walter Sobchak

meh things could be better

9. Anderson Silva

Awesome training log....enjoying reading it.....approx. how much protein do you consume daily?

10. Walter Sobchak

You want to hear the fucked up part.....lol here it comes...I have not taken any protein supplements or anything else since i have been back for he last 4 months....I eat oatmeal in the morning with a bannana and a glass of V8....I have a sandwich on wheat bread with a pickle glass of milk and a couple chips...I will have a special k bar in between lunch and dinner and for dinner I will have a grilled chicken or steak tip salad....lol It is kinda crazy that i have not been taking protein...I will eventually when I get around to it.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Water all day as well

11. Anderson Silva

Wow, I was expecting to hear like 200 grams or something....awesome genetics and hard work on your part. :clap:

12. Walter Sobchak

deadlifts today

135 warmup
    225 warmup
    315 warm up

375x5
    405x3
    445x3
    455x1
    475x1

405x5

exhausted!!

I am thinking i might of done better but i had to fast last night because i had a physical last night...

13. Walter Sobchak

so.....I have not posted in quite sometime on my training.....I have been working out all the time though. so far my lifts are right in this ball park

bench 315x5 i have not done a max at this point

squat 435 x 3

Deadlift 500 x3

strict curl 135 this is not a regular curl you would do...you use only arms you have to have your ass and shoulders against a wall, heals can be no more than 12 inches off wall, legs must be straight, head straight up and looking ahead and you take the weight and curl it up using only arms..can not cheat at all to understand how much of a bitch this is i normally do reps with 130x8x3 with minimal movement.

Shrugs i do lots of because it helps in the lockout of my deadlift, I finish with 555 for about 6.

Leg press i always thought was stupid and I still do.....but i needed some change ido reps with 900lbs.

Last my shoulders i am doing military presses with 225 to finish for about 5

I was going to enter a meet on nov 7th but decided against it because i had a few setbacks...was sick with flu ect....i plan on entering the next one in 4 months and taking 1st

14. Walter Sobchak

So i did DL's monday and ended with 515x2 I then did heavy shrugs with 405 for 12 reps then went up to 555 and did it 5 reps for three sets....I figured because i was having a real busy week i would work in a bicep and tricep workout to...needless to say the bi and tri workout did not go as well...lol I was completley exhausted. So i ended up going home.

Squats tomorrow, I am just going to sets of 10 to change up my routine rather than the triples i do. I am going to do 335x8 for 3 sets or 10 if i am feeling good.

15. Walter Sobchak

I am going to do some reps today in the squat for 10 or 8 ..not real heavy for 3 reps. I am going to try and get it on video. Problem is I am sore as fuck i hope this is not a bad day

16. Walter Sobchak

This morn I went nuts. Did squats then bi's and tri's

Squats. I did three sets of 10 with 355 all below para.

Arms I just 3 sets of 130x10. Last I only got 8.

Dumbell curls 55x12 60x8 65x8. Then tri's

17. Walter Sobchak

Does anyone else post their training...for fuck sake.....

18. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

I have to start first!

19. Walter Sobchak

Well get to it pussy...you better hope I do not see you in the GP

20. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

Hah, oh shit!