MMASpot Survival Pool - Season 83

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by ATJ-Lucko, May 20, 2018.

?

Should ATJ-Lucko be disqualified for picking the same fighters as Cat--Smasher?

Poll closed Saturday at 6:26 PM.
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Moving forward.

We should establish a rule for this and stick with it.

If two players are left in the season, can the second play pick the same picks as the first player?

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

No, it is obvious. The fact that dipshit purposefully did it means he should be banned from the game.

3. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

i did nothing against the rules, if someone wants to have the same picks as someone else they can.
    making a poll in this thread was uncalled for. i run this pool and you go and start changing shit just because you have this insane hatred for me crosses the line.
    me and cat settled it and there was no need for this stupid poll and drama, its just a stupid game why are you taking it so damn seriously.

4. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

We have all given Freak shit for changing the rules midseason when he made people make more than two picks. It is stupid and hypocritical to change the rules midseason and say he can't make the same picks. Continue the season and make a rule for next time.

Dimson and Malevolence like this.
  5. Poindexter

It wasn't an attempt at a rule change and it isn't midseason. I thought it would be patently obvious that if there are two players left you can't have the same picks. That defeats the purpose and function of the game.

6. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

It’s not within the spirit of the pool & is counter intuitive, but it’s not illegal. Starting from season 84 the rule should be imposed that when you’re down to two players you can’t duplicate the same two picks, there needs to be a point of difference. It’s understandable at the start of the season when there’s a dozen or so players that double ups happen but when it’s the last two let’s play for a result boys.

Poindexter, Dimson and Kano like this.
  7. Poindexter

I should not have responded with such vehement vitriol. For that, I apologize, verily. I was legitimately dumfounded by @Freakdog's move and his rationalization of it.

Dimson likes this.
  8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

You are getting soft in your old age. But I do agree there should be a rule when it gets down to the final 2. Like maybe the first to pick a fighter gets to be the only who gets to pick that fighter. Just a thought.

9. Cat--Smasher

Freak should be happy with a rule change, he will always get the advantage when he makes it to the finals.

10. ATJ-Lucko

UFC Fight Night 132: Cowboy vs. Edwards
    --- Post Added -- Jun 19, 2018 at 12:30 AM, ---
    i have nothing against a rule change or even picking a an alternate the last time or this time, the problem i have is the pool that i run having a poll added to it just to disparage me.

11. Poindexter

The poll was added to determine if you had violated the spirit and intent of the game (to the detriment of the other players) egregiously enough to warrant your sanctioning. In that regard, it had naught to do with simple disparagement El Freako.

12. Cat--Smasher

Jake Matthews
    Petr Yan

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  13. ATJ-Lucko

Jake Matthews
    Jingliang Li
    --- Post Added -- Jun 21, 2018 at 12:42 AM, ---
    but i didn't violate any rules and it not up to forum memebers to decide, polls are just mostly popularity contests anyways. and some people will vote against me no matter what the subject or evidence is.

Its clear you don't want me on the forum let alone running the pool, so whats your plan are you gonna do the pool from now on?

sourdough likes this.
  14. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

It's a legitimate strategy. If a card has Cyborg vs. Cindy Dandois, Mighty Mouse vs. Ray Borg and a bunch of pickems it makes sense to for both people to pick Cyborg and Mighty Mouse.

15. Poindexter

It makes no sense when there are two people left to allow the same picks. Just don't do the card if it is that hard to differentiate.

Dimson likes this.
  16. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I would like to see an amendment to the rules to prevent picking the same exact picks on a card when it gets down to a head to head match up. It would only be in effect if there are only 2 contestants left. All other scenarios would be fair game.

Poindexter likes this.
  17. Cat--Smasher

I want to edit my picks to

Jake Matthews and Jingliang Li

..... Just kiddin'

Spoon, Kano, Dimson and 1 other person like this.