Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

Mississippi (Guns and White Power Thread)

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Poindexter, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

[​IMG]
    We Found Photos of Ole Miss Students Posing With Guns in Front of a Shot-Up Emmett Till Memorial. Now They Face a Possible Civil Rights Investigation.

Three students were suspended from their fraternity house, Kappa Alpha, after we shared an Instagram photo one of the men posted that was taken in front of a sign commemorating the murder of the 14-year-old black youth in 1955.

2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

i wonder if they will get a WH invite

Ninjastix likes this.
  3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

You know that is the type of patriotic Americans Donny loves.

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Only read the first few paragraphs, but getting 247 likes is the scariest thing. I don’t have that many Facebook friends, but if I posted that I’d get 1 like from my racist uncle and that would be it. That kid got 247 likes. Also, I went to college 20 years ago. These kids would need at least 18-21 on their act’s to get in, right? And they weren’t smart enough to know that putting that on social media would be bad. Some people are just dumb. At my college a fraternity had a g’s and 40 day during black history month where they dressed like gangsters and drank old English. And took pictures. People are so fucking dumb.

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I just want to point out that these kids, and their supporters, are the same people who are offended by saying "Happy Holidays" vs. Merry Christmas. The same people that accuse outrage culture of oppressing their capacity to be dangerous assholes, hide behind the same playing cards the second someone breathes on them.

Nebraska, Poindexter and Kevo like this.
  6. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

People are fucked, disgusting.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Poindexter

White supremacists increase recruiting efforts at colleges, ADL says

8. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Doesn't surprise me. My uncle lives in Mississippi and is racist as FUCK. So bad I cut all ties from him. So this seems par for the course.

9. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

When looking at old pictures of public lynchings, it's important to remember that this was a public spectical, community entertainment the whole family could enjoy. Do you think that once the lynchings died down, the people in the cheering crowd just disapered? No they went on to raise families and their children raised children.

Poindexter likes this.
  10. Miz

My Grandpa definitely said racist things. I got lucky in the fact that I never heard my dad say anything racist, and he taught us otherwise. Not sure why? Maybe cause he was in the Marine Core and it was pretty diverse? Maybe cause of sports? Either way I’m certainly glad we didn’t hear any of that.

As far as lynchings being entertainment, off topic, but executions were public since forever, right? Like up until the later 19th century. Can you imagine that being your entertainment, and like slavery it really wasn’t that long ago.

11. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I embrace my racism

Fuck whitey

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Poindexter

State Department official on leave after civil rights group accuses him of being involved in white nationalist movement, source says

13. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I mean it's if it's okay for the presidency, I don't see the issue.

jesusatemyhotdog and Poindexter like this.
  14. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

White nazi little dicks have every right to gather and hold meetings and recruiting under the constitution as long as they are not trying to encourage violence or hate speech. Which given those dick bags seems impossible. But under the constitution they are protected.

They make me sick, most of them don’t know who they are hating or why.

15. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Nazis have more rights than women do over their own uterus.

16. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who join the nazi party or endorse white supremacist themes are more concerned about pissing off those with whom they disagree on a political level, rather than adhere to the ideology. Worse, I bet those same types of people aren't even well versed in their own political ideals.

17. Miz

I feel like I’m American through and through. I served and I joined after 9-11. For God, for country, for family is what I’d think running over the hill. I’m a simple man. That’s said I’d be ok with not protecting some speech that’s dangerous. Nazi’s are dangerous. We fought a war with them. They are every thing we should stand against and we should snuff out their air so that their fire can’t flame. Those Westboro Baptist people should be outlawed as well. Protesting at dead soldiers funerals. I can’t explain to you in civilized words what should happen to them. That type of shit flies in the face of the “light.” I’m not ok with that sort of speech and anyone who is should... Protesting at a dead soldiers funeral. Straight pure evil. Be an atheist, be a Christian, be a Muslim, be a Buddhist, or be whatever, but if you don’t know what’s contrary to the light in your heart, then I don’t know what to tell you. Those people don’t deserve to promote their hateful ideology. Fuck them and anyone who’d stand with them.

In your heart you need to naturally know right from wrong. Kneeling during the anthem is an ok protest. Holding signs and chanting at a dead soldiers funeral flies in the face of what’s right. Our hearts should know this.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 12, 2019, ---
    The founders of the constitution would not have allowed that. What would have happened if a bunch of evil people came and protested George Washington’s funeral? They would have been shot, stabbed, or hung and not a soul would have been punished.

18. SickNasty

Most founding fathers owned slaves and they didn't outright set the stage for true equality upon the establishment of the United States.

Like, I'm grateful for the opportunities that I have based upon their actions all those years back...but fuck them for that shit.

19. Miz

Yes. That wasn’t good of them, and it’s hard to believe that was ever ok, but unfortunately those were different times. Hell in my mother and father’s time black people couldnt go to school with white people. That was less than 70 years ago. Fortunately things progress and what was ok is now not ok. I’m not saying George Washington was a saint, but the rules they set forth did not, IMO, enable the Westboro people to protest and funerals, and if it did they are wrong. George Washington was very valuable to the military. I’ve not read in great lengths about the Revolutionary War, like I have WW2, but I do know he was valuable. I’m not nominating him for saint hood. I’m saying if people protested his funeral there would have been repercussions, just like there should be at PFC Johnny Youngblood’s funeral.

20. SickNasty

There is give and take of freedom.

You're given the freedom to protest the wrongs within the USA.

With that you have to concede that people will protest for/against things that you hold near and dear.

Should people protest at funerals for soldiers because they feel "god" wants them to?
    Fuck no.

Is it disgusting?
    Fuck yes.

But it's their right.

Same with shit like burning the US flag type shit.

Probably shouldn't do it, but it is your right.

With nazi's its weird because they have a very well documented history of inciting genocide.

Part of me wonders why that history isn't taken into context when people freely fly that flag.

Like, isn't that a call to violence?

Poindexter likes this.