1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Mike Tyson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by Poindexter, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Yep. I've just heard from a few of my friends that are more into boxing about how he wasn't legit, but you look at that technique and that was the real deal, IMO.

2. Noise

Noise Ruido

Cus was an enabler, honestly. He didn't keep him on the straight and narrow the way local media outlets told it and all. It was a story that sold, but Mike was still a little slimeball. Teddy almost killed him for assaulting his...Niece, I think? Fuck, I forgot, but yea. And assaulting women wasn't like something that came out of the blue. He'd been doing it in his old neighborhood, continued doing it in Catskills, and the rest - Well, you know.

I'm not sure Tyson would have escaped his hellish life, even with Cus. It may have just been complicated in a different way.

3. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

He would be defeated by a world class wrestler or BJJ guy in a MMA fight.

4. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

An animal who could not handle nattering of the estrogen-induced persuasion. A woman's scorn can hurt like a knife beneath the rib cage.

5. Noise

Noise Ruido

Huh?

A woman's vagina can hurt a lot too after a man like Tyson rapes her, (o_O).

sourdough likes this.
  6. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  7. Noise

Noise Ruido

...I can't tell if you're being serious, lol. But yeuh, I wouldn't cite a sub-reddit of "MensRights" if I'm trying to be anything other than sarcasticabout Mike Tyson, lol.

Read Bad Intentions by Peter Heller and Iron Mike by Daniel O'Connor and George Plimpton (more of a compilation, though) . The guy has sexually and physically assaulted women dating back to his times in Brownsville, so. I think he even admitted at one point that he's done enough terrible shit to women to have warranted the time he spent in prison (and probably then some).

The guy is anything but innocent when it comes to women, but believe what you want. And yea, he's a rapist. You can believe he didn't get a fair shake in the actual trial, but. Considering he spent, what? A fraction of the time he should have for a RAPE conviction, he got off fucking lucky. I'll never be able to understand what that supposedly hyper-feminist, "man-hating" judge was fucking thinking letting the epitome of a misogynist piece of shit off that easy. That's a question I've yet to get any kind of answer to.

All things considered, life has been pretty fucking lenient on Mike Tyson. Everyone tries to absolve him of responsibility because it's the lazy, marketable move. A symbol of fear, yea - What people don't like to admit or remember is that he was the example of what a scared, insecure boy looks like.

8. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

Iron Mike was ringside for Glory. even got to give his opinion of a couple fights/fighters on air.

9. Noise

Noise Ruido

Got interviewed by Luke "Killa 'B'etter at everything than Helwani Motherfuckin' 'Rrah Bellaeu Woodsman Version 2015" Thomas!

10. kanobro

yep

11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

12. Malevolence

Malevolence Jes for gay Jesus

13. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

14. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

15. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Mike Tyson is a great example of a guy that overcame his demons. He straightened up from the stupid shit that wasn't good for him. When he speaks on things, the guy has sound common sense. I think he's a smart guy in pertinent practical senses.

Sniggles likes this.
  16. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

Tyson should have won that fight...

Sniggles likes this.
  17. kanobro

Tyson bites the dust pretty hard.

Sniggles likes this.
  18. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Down goes Tyson!

Hard fall! But looked like he took it right like a pro wrestler.

19. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

I must never have seen your response.

Why did he get convicted? Don King hired a tax lawyer for him to defend a rape case.

Why did she go to the hotel room with him? She said repeatedly that she was not attracted to him in the media. Lie. There was witnesses that said that Desiree Washington expressed gold-digging interests. Her interview with Barbara Walters indicated that she was seduced by his status and money. She had a history of claiming rape. Mike Tyson treated her like every other woman. Sex then dismissal. She did not like this.

Honestly, people think it went down like the scene in Showgirls where Molly gets raped by Andrew Carver. Maybe it did. But was he guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. No. I do not think so.
    Regret =/= Rape. While Tyson may have been a mysogynistic ass-grabber or a sex addict is besides the point.

While in prison, Tyson wrote a letter to his friend who happened to be an ESPN boxing commentator/interviewer. It went roughly "I'll never admit to raping that woman, even if it lessens my time in here, because I just didn't do it. However, there are about 5-7 other things I've done in my life which are far worse than that for which I am in prison for, so I feel I'm in the right place." While he may have been a shitty person, I truly don't think that this woman had non-consensual sex. She had regretful sex in which she felt used.

What happened that night?
    Analysis of Desiree Washington's Interview Concerning Mike Tyson

--- Post Added -- Jan 23, 2016, ---
    The people that come back from the darkness usually have acquired such wisdom.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    ChuckBooty 2.0 likes this.
  20. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

kanobro likes this.