Mike Jackson denies showboating against CM Punk, wants to explain himself to Dana White

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Mike Jackson denies showboating against CM Punk, wants to explain himself to Dana White

2. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Too late dip shit,

we all seen it.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I didn't see it, but since when was this frowned upon? The Diaz brothers, McGregor, Anderson Silva all showboat.

Kano and Noise like this.
  4. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Not a professional sports at this point. UFC is sports entertainment. He beat a potential cash cow for Dana but didn't do so spectacularly. So this the consequence. You have a man child threaten to black ball you for the same behavior they'll promote others to main event.

There's no ethics or reason to be found here. It's not a professional sports. It just plays one on TV.

5. Sakara=Excitement

He's got balls thats for sure. After calling Dana a emotional child, and then stating that Dana is pissed because he had money invested in CM Punk, then to have the balls to ask for a sit down with Dana. I don't think that'll happen. But if I was Dana, why not? He's the guy who beat up CM Punk, he got a small rub and people will know his name. If he wants to fight Artem let them fight

Palma likes this.
  6. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i don't think anything he says matters, after his lackluster performance and his can status coming in, he's never fighting in the UFC again.

he was brought in specifically as a can to lose to punk.

it just ended up they were both cans but punk was 'cannier' so he lost.

maybe punk had more tomatoes in him?

all I know is the biggest loser is probably Roufusport after all the bravado they were puking. between 'natural striker' and 'improved 200%' they embarrassed themselves

Dimson and Palma like this.
  7. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

He was 0-1 not 20-0,

never liked that shit anyways.

8. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I don't either, but it's a double standard. Regardless of records.

Noise and Dimson like this.
  9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I give Jackson credit. He's never won an amateur or professional MMA fight. He takes on a guy who's been training at one of the best gyms in the country for over three years. Punk by his coaches admission is a naturally gifted striker, fast learner, hard worker, improved 200%. Jackson comes in shuts him out, completely dominates.

Great showing by Jackson.

How many professional MMA matches has Dana won.
    I thought promoters promoted.

10. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

It was weird to watch. A lot of people thought he was showboating and not trying to fight. I wouldn't say it was as weird as Silva/Maia, but up there without a fighter as skilled as Maia to at least try and force action.

I just got the sense that Jackson didn't have the viciousness needed to go for the finish. It takes some of that to simultaneously recognize that you're in there with someone who can't defend themselves in a pretty worrying way and still decide to knock their head in.

Malevolence and Palma like this.
  11. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Watch the post fight presser from UFC 112. You'll see some frowning.

Palma and Qball1974 like this.
  12. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Haha. Punk is far from a natural striker, lol.

13. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

painfully obvious. Painful for him, that is.

Duke Roufus: CM Punk is a ‘natural striker,’ and that ‘makes me happy’

14. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Clearly he was using hyperbole.

Kano likes this.
  15. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

Or was referring to his soccer abilities and the quote was actually "CM Punk is a natural striker, but he has no business being a professional MMA fighter"

Malevolence and Kano like this.
  16. strife

strife I

They've been losing for quite some time now. Woodley isn't a full-timer there, either, so he doesn't count. I categorize Roufus in the same category as Hooft, limited coaching ability but a lot of name recognition because of their fighting career. I think staying there is the reason Pettis has stopped improving and because of loyalty to his come-up and such, many guys in that gym will not reach their potential. Not too different than some other fraternistic type of coaches, but he gets a TON of credit for having Pettis, when athletes that good can reach potential in other places, it's just a crapshoot of who walks into your gym and stays. Kavanagh might be in a similar boat soon, Conor was a ticket to coaching fame?

Nebraska, AnchorPunch and Qball1974 like this.
  17. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Mike Jackson responds to Dana White’s bashing after CM Punk victory: ‘He’s like a little girl sometimes’
    --- Post Added -- Jun 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM, ---
    Mike Jackson and Aaron Chalmers swap trash talk over possible Bellator bout

18. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Holy hell, this guy gets one lackluster pro win and now he thinks he's hot shit? I can't wait until this guys 15 minutes are up.

AnchorPunch likes this.
  19. Sakara=Excitement

Aaron Chalmers would throat fuck Mike and not in the good way.

20. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

I just found it kinda shitty about Mike that he, the more experienced professional, called Punk an amateur but didn't get the finish.

They both showed sub par fighting skills.

Fe1 and AnchorPunch like this.