1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Chandler goes off on Bellator champ Will Brooks, says he’s the ‘epitome of a bad employee’

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Michael Chandler goes off on Bellator champ Will Brooks, says he’s the ‘epitome of a bad employee’

2. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

he's 100% right about everything he said.

Although Brooks is generally just trying to get himself some hype. Problem is, he's Antonio McKee. The more he complains and brags, and calls people out, the sillier he looks.

3. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

I'm not sure the McKee analogy is particularly fair, as Brooks has some legit finishes on his record, such as putting away Chandler. During McKee's undefeated run, he hadn't really fought anybody of Chandler's respectable merit and really only LNP'd to his wins, whereas I think Brooks is a far more complete fighter and athlete. I see Brooks as having loads of potential at LW and I think there's a large portion of this talk that is aimed at getting him interest and attention. It's necessary to keep in mind that Brooks has been pretty dissatisfied with Bellator going back to the PPV and Bjorn, and while he's not a particularly highlight-reel fighter per se, I think his complaints about management's promoting of him as their LW champion and some of his perceived slights and signs of disrespect from the company have some merit when you consider how little they've focused on really building and establishing their homemade/brand of stars, instead paying out big bucks for nostalgia fights.

IDK, looking at who Bellator promotes heavily commensurate with their talent levels, I can see Brooks feeling as if he's an major oversight, but that's the fight business and UFC is no different.

4. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I wasn't comparing the fighting styles of McKee and Brooks. Only their methods of grabbing attention and how its playing to the general public. McKee poked and prodded every at every fighter that recently fought and tried poking holes in their games via twitter and interviews. But in the end it only made him look desperate for a big fight or like the little brother that wanted big brother's friends to respect him as much as they do his older brother.

If Brooks lays another whooping on someone of Chandler's level or even Chandler himself he will certainly be moving up the respect charts.

5. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

Can't really blame Brooks for trying to create some buzz and hype around himself. It's not like Bellator is going to do it for him they are to busy promoting Shamrock and Kimbo.

6. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Will who?

7. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

fighters an independent contractors not employees, Brooks wants to go to the UFC, i hope he gets he wish soon. Will be be murdered in the UFC, careful of what you wish for.

8. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

No, not at all.

I think that's exactly what a fighter like him needs to do.

Its sad that he's the champ and practically no one knows who he is or that he's even the champ.
    He's right about Chandler and Thomson getting more pub than him, and its not right, so he's doing his part, on his own, to go get it.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 10, 2016, ---
    but he's still coming off as a bit of a whiner.

Kevo likes this.
  9. Cat--Smasher

Ex-champ Michael Chandler signs long-term extension with Bellator

10. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

That "Dave & Busters" money....

Kevo likes this.
  11. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

I've never been to Dave & Busters. It looks like adult Chuck E Cheese.

MacEwen likes this.
  12. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

It can be a pretty fun place. There is one close to where I work, and we do a lot of "team building exercises there consisting of nothing but guzzling beer and playing games.

13. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

An adult Chuck E. Cheese's? Damn, that sounds like a good time. Especially if that includes strippers, which it should.

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Ball Pits & Strippers & Cocaine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  15. Poindexter

The answer is yes.

16. Cat--Smasher

Scott Coker reacts to champion Will Brooks' recent criticism of Bellator

17. Poindexter

Coker > Brooks

18. Cat--Smasher

Will Brooks responds to 'almost embarrassing' trash talk from Michael Chandler

19. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

I think a the last part of that comment there is a pretty good indication why Brooks should be upset.

With Coker throwing tons of cash a guys like Kimbo, Royce and Shamrock for ratings he should using some of those ratings and viewers to get interest built up for guys like Brooks etc... Instead they get thrown on a card with a tiny fraction of the promotional efforts put behind it.

20. Poindexter

True.