Me doing 505 deadlift

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by JeterLover27, Mar 5, 2011.

1. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

you are full of shit....lol

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I lift 505 with my balls.

3. Bigshanks

Bigshanks You think you're hard man?

A real man would have lifted it over his head....just sayin.

4. JeterLover27

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

MBC since you're such a beast I know you can give me some feedback on this. I've worked my legs this week, and the squats have me feeling like im walking on rubber legs. I did legs wednesday and friday. I could barely do anything Friday and I'm hurting even worse today. I know the soreness will fade, but I also don't want to over work my legs an hurt myself. What are some very light weight leg exercises I can do tomorrow? I say light weight because I couldn't do one parallel squat today with half the weight I was working out with wednesday.

6. JeterLover27

wow I forgot about this thread.....I did a 630 deadlift 4 months ago..but anyways

The thing is with legs, most people do not work them and when they do they do not do them right. I see people in the gym loading a bar with 315 in the squat and only going less than halfway down. That is fucking pointless and can be couter productive. You never sarafice more weight for form, if that idiot put 200 on the bar and did a full squat going below para (hip joint goes just to or past the knee joint he would be doing himself a world of good. People will never learn and thus never be as strong. I can put a 1000 lbs on the bar and do a 3/4 squat for fuck sake it is silly. SO just to let you know, make sure you are doing the squats right or dont bother doing them at all.

IF you are doing squats say today, specially if you do not normally do them or it is your first few times, you are going to be in a world of fucking pain. Typically the day that hurts the most is the 2nd day after you lift. I mean not being able to sit down on the toilet without it being an issue kind of pain. You should only be working your legs one day a week really. Unless you are doing what I am . I do squats on mondays and deadlifts on fridays because I am training to compete. If I did both lifts on the same day I would be taking away from one of them because I could never find my potential due to exhaustion of one or the other.

It all depends on what you are going for Tri. You can go work out hard one day with legs, I would not suggest doing more than that. Squats and deadlifts are the best workouts you can do for legs. Squats taking the trump card. Also if you are doing them make sure you are using the free weight squat rack and not a smith machine that is on rollers. Once again you will be selling yourself short because you will not be hitting any of the stablizer muscles that are used normally. Plus the rollers make the resistance on your body much less and you are more likely to perform a hack squat then a standard squat.

7. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

All I read from that was that you squatted 630 and choked down some cock.

That's the gist of it, right?

8. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I felt like a big boy when I did 475kg on the legpress. woo

9. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Going below parallel has always been an issue for me because I'm 6'3 and just naturally have bad form. I know I could barely get out of bed this morning and walking down stairs, sitting down standing up...lol those are tasks in and of themselves. Basically I'm just trying to increase explosiveness. I'm not necessarily concerned with increasing my "max" as much as I am concerned with increasing the explosiveness of my shot.

10. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I used to have that problem with going below parallel, being 6'4 and having bad knee's it was always a problem.

Now it seems some days I can do it, but some days I just go as low as possible which is usually at parallel.

11. JeterLover27

You dumb fuck of course, why would you think there was more to it.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Leg press is great at end of workout

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Are you using a wide or narrow stance when you squat?

12. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

13. JeterLover27

hmmm.. try adjusting your foot placement....I have a friend I squat with who is 6'6 that is what worked for him

14. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I'll give it a go next time I am doing squats.

15. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i remember when i had stopped working out completely for about 2 years. I joined an intramural volleyball team to get some sense of exercise.

Wasn't concerned about aches because it was just volleyball..... bad mistake. My arms were so sore the next day, after work when i went to change clothes I had to close the sleeve of my shirt in a closet door and walk out of the shirt because it almost had me in tears trying to reach behind my back.

so fuck off you weaklings

Poindexter likes this.
  16. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

The pain was just emphasised because you're old ;)

17. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

no man this was like 17 years ago. i wasn't old yet. That's the fucked up part. i was just out of shape. I learned my lesson. i'm in way better shape now and I'm 44

18. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

wow u are 44 I thought you were younger.

19. scottsec

scottsec NOLA

......hahahahahah....i love it...44......im 42but have the body of a 60 yr old...lol....

Poindexter likes this.
  20. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Damn you..I was gonna make a joke to make 17 years ago seem like you were 40years old...but noooooooooo you ruined it by stating your age.

Bastard.