Marvel's The Punisher

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Tapout, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

That’s what the trailer showed. Killing to Metallica. When realistically it was probably 80% drama 20% violence. It should have been like 75% John wick

Dimson likes this.
  2. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

2 episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

First episode was gritty, I am hoping thats the way this season goes but episode 2 was a little more mainstream.

I am always excited to see who the villain is.

3. Noise

Noise Ruido

I fucking loved it, finished a few minutes ago. Biased as fuck, but yea. Easily my favorite Marvel show, by miles. Can't wait for season two. The action, the fights, the story, Bernthal, like - all of it. Really liked how it ended too; can't wait to see season two. Took all the hoaky shit from the other shows and replaced it with some serious hard-rated R content.

Opening theme song til the last fuckin' line: :machinegun:machinegun:machinegun.

Palma likes this.
  4. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

I hated the theme music lol.

What happens to Billy in comics?

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I'm two episodes in so I don't want to judge it too harshly. This is the one comic character I read and where I felt I enjoyed The Punisher to all the other heroes and villains out in the landscape was that he felt like someone completely resigned to his fate. He was going to keep killing until he was dead. He didn't really care if he was right or wrong. He was a violent sociopath not looking to make the world a better place or "fight crime". The world had made him a broken man and the world had given him all the tools to enact violence.

Frank Castle felt like the extension of violence in the world. That's what no other character arc seemed to deliver. So while everyone was losing their shit to X-Men and Wolverine, Castle was the only character that made sense to me. There was no looking back because there was no going back. Everyone was potentially guilty and deserved to die.

This is the same reason I love Warhammer 40k. It's unabated violence that's an extension of the a universe in motion and the consequence of intelligent suffering.

The first two episodes leave room for Frank to run a parallel story of redemption or recovery. I don't like that. I'll ride with it because it's well made thus far and we'll acted. The story telling has been very weak but I'll forgive it for the interim. This the one character, the only one in my opinion, that you don't need to explain anything more.. Castle doesn't need any more reason to kill. If you want to tell personal stories make it about the lives The Punisher destroys and saves regardless of his intentions.

He's a force of nature. He's not a violent man. He's violence as a man. They won't make that show. I just hope they come close.

6. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I fucking love this show. One of my favorite shows now. Cannot wait for more. Love Bernthal's portrayal as Punisher. I dig the violent aggression. And the yell.

Palma, Trodden and Noise like this.
  7. Palma

Palma I am chaos

You look... fucking ridiculous.

ILJO likes this.
  8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Palma and ILJO like this.
  9. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

Somebody should tell that kid to shut the fuck up every once in a while....
    --- Post Added -- Nov 25, 2017, ---
    I liked it too. Even the yell grew on me. Never skipped the theme song either.

It was certainly better than the last 3-4 outings by Marvel/Netflix. One of my favorites for sure.

10. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I finished it last night.

Dimson likes this.
  11. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

after the third viewing I can say its way better than I thought

I love that they didnt go over board and left a ton of room in the seasons to come

loved the daredevil tie ins and I really hope they push the characters and keep the elements that keep it from being like the other Marvel shows

this could end up being the crowned jewel of the MCU

Palma likes this.
  12. Trodden

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I just finished season 2 of a Daredevil and will watch this after I’m done with The Defenders. I really like Bernthal as Frank Castle but this version of Daredevil is such a whiny bitch.

Trodden likes this.
  14. Trodden

JB nails it as punisher, but the character is far more developed in the stand alone series

still the fight scenes in DD season 2 were fucking great

DD was one of the better Marvel shows, IMO, but Punisher was by far the best