Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

[​IMG]
    thought we had one already, but i guess not. anyway, i recently read that James Gunn is the likely frontrunner to direct the movie, which would be pretty sweet.

i can't say i'm a fan of the characters, as i've never read them, but i love the fact that Marvel/Disney is taking the risk of making a movie based on these kinds of characters rather than just straightforward superhero movies and are really fleshing out the Marvel universe. hopefully, Doctor Strange and Iron Fist are next.

2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

IDK how well it will do, they are not household names. I really liked The Watchmen and never heard of them before the movie.
    You gotta ride that comic book train for everything it's worth, it seems comic books movies are the only original thing coming from Hollywood these days.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

neither were Iron Man or Thor.

4. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Iron Man and Thor are very well known, Iron Man more so but both much more so than the Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd probably more interested in seeing this than a FF remake by Fox or Sony or whoever the fuck has the rights to it. Actually I'd probably rather see this than the next Captain America. That film did not hold up for me at all, neither do the previous Hulk films.

5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i'm just looking forward to seeing what they do with this. look at that lineup? what the fuck are they going to look like in a movie?

6. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

The next Cap move is Winter Soldier which is the best Cap story EVER told.

The characters in Guardians are awesome, if they put Adam Warlock/Magus in it will be stellar. His story is original and awesome.

7. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

I honestly know nothing about these characters but I am down for more marvel movies

8. foundstarr

If you feel like reading up on them, start with the Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade then the Thanos series which is all about the guy at the end of Avengers. Then read Guardians, its all fantastic.

9. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

some interesting names coming up for who is in the running for the lead. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zachary Levi, Michael Rosenbaum, and Jim Sturgess are all being considered i hear.

i'm not at all familiar with the character yet, so i can't say one guy's more suited for it than the next, but i like the idea of Levi and JGL up for a big role like this. wonder if JGL being in the running will force WB to sign him for the Justice League movie he's rumored to be up for Batman in.

10. foundstarr

Levi would be great as Star Lord.

11. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

On a side note....Has anyone read the Flash series where the whole story line had changed..it was written within the last few years I believe...It was like a complete remake from what i heard. A lot of things changed from when flash was a child and thus causing a completely different story line? I am looking for the name of it, I have been so busy the last 3 years with work and having a family now. Appreciate any info on it I was trying to find in on the net but could not.

12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

haven't read it, but i'm pretty sure you're talking about "Flashpoint," but found should know for sure

13. JeterLover27

No that is it.....100% sure of it..thanks a bunch buddy

14. foundstarr

You want to start with Flash reborn, that's where they replace Wally West with Barry Allen's return. That series then moves into FLashpoint, which actually rebooted the entire DC universe.

15. JeterLover27

Right that is it for sure. Thank you

16. Noise

Noise Ruido

Nerds.

17. foundstarr

Meh if Katy Perry played a comic book character you'd be all over it.

18. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Guardians. I was a bit surprised when they originally said that was in the mix. I thought Antman would come out before but considering the inter-galactic angle they're shooting for it's not completely foreign. I liked the original Guardians of the Galazy line up also, the one that Jim Valentino launched in the 90's before he left to form Image.

Cap still holds up for me but I agree. Winter Soldier is probably one of the top Cap stories of all time. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

I'm not sure if they can do a good Hulk movie. Might just be better as an Avengers piece.

Thor/Ironma while not house hold names were well known, but not to the degree of say batman, superman, or spiderman.

I'm reading JSA the late 90's/oo's run. James Robinson,Geoff Johns, David Goyer's run in preparation for an art project I want to do. I started doing a similar art project with the movie avengers.

gonna read up on some Green Lantern the new revamp stuff or the whole Nu DC soon. I'm not having high expectations though. I'm a marvel zombie.

Anyone read Cowboy/Ninja/Viking or Chew! ?

Those are worth checking out and don't have alot of baggage. Chew is being optioned for a series on Showtime. Think Dexter but with a touch of Walking Dead gore. Plus the art is killer. Read it before you can watch it so you have braggers rights. Now that I've completely de-railed the thread check out the art project/comics/heroes and monsters you know here: http://imonsterfyu.deviantart.com/

19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Chris Pratt is Star-Lord and Bautista is Drax.

20. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

[​IMG]