Manager: Conor McGregor wants Nate Diaz trilogy, but Ferguson, Lee, Khabib and Holloway options

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i bet that's what they end up doing.

I don't think conor gives a shit about the belt. his ego is much higher than a title. and he knows he could come back a year or even two from now and he'd get an instant title shot.

if GSP can be gifted a win, leave, pissing dana white off so bad he rants about him in the presser. Then comes back 4 years later to an instant title shot? Conor can do that 10 times over.

I just wonder how he'll be thought of if he starts losing. Nate beat him 2 fights ago and conor edged a very close decision out (at least I thought so).

Conor has proven he's good, no doubt, but Tony or Khabib could really take that luster away. On the other hand, if he came in and beat either of them, regardless of which one (whoever holds the title) and Conor wins? whew look out

3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I know Arlovski/Sylvia fought 4 times, but the 4th one wasn't in the UFC. I think there are other 4-fight series out there, but don't think there's any under the same promotional umbrella.

Miz likes this.
  4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Tito fought 4 Shamrocks in the UFC :)

5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Only one of those was a fight

6. thumper

let's not forget when nate diaz turned conor mcgregor into a panic wrestler

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

8. thumper

Never seen that before. but holy shit Nate with the frosted tips!!!

I always thought the Diaz boys were crippled by MMA rules (conpared to what they could do if it was just a fight) and would be straight killers in Vale Tudo if it still existed.

9. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

I am definitely coming around to being a Nate Diaz fan that's for sure. The more I watch and listen with an objective tone, I find more and more things that I like. My opinion is that Nate is a sweet, caring guy who from what I've heard, never really has a bad thing said about him not related to hyping a fight. He's extremely talented, works hard, and is loyal (to a fault). All great qualities. I think the biggest thing that has held him back in his career is that same loyalty. It's that loyalty that got him the manager that he had (not sure if he still does) that locked him in really poor contracts with the UFC prior to the Conor McGregor fights. The same loyalty that has kept him with the same fight camp his entire career (that I'm aware of) which I believe hasn't allowed him to evolve as a fighter. He is GREAT at what he does, boxing and grappling but lacks heavily in striking diversity and wrestling. He is very durable and has cardio for days. You would think that skill set would make anyone a world champion. But I don't think titles drives Nate and he's perfectly content with what he's currently doing. Hopefully Conor vs Nate III happens as that will net both men a great payday and I'm all for all fighters making money. Unfortunately, outside of a fight with Conor, I don't think we see Nate fight again and if he fights Conor, win or lose, I don't think we see him fight again after that. He has one more large payday and that's with Conor. Why fight someone and possibly lose, risking that matchup and losing money. Sucks for us fans who enjoy watching them fight but hey, it is what it is and they aren't my bills to pay.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 9, 2018, ---

10. Cat--Smasher

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

12. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Shut the fuck up Helwani.

13. Cat--Smasher

14. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Cub speaketh the truth.

Trodden, kanobro, Kevo and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cat--Smasher

John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor still champ, whether Ferguson-Nurmagomedov is for full belt or not

16. thumper

lol look at Khabib's face. this is when Conor KO'd Aldo. he's unimpressed

[​IMG]

Palma and kanobro like this.
  17. Noise

Noise Ruido

lol, I know that look. I've been there f'real f'real:

He's trying to decide whether Dostoyevky's House of the Dead is, in fact, his greatest and least appreciated work while contemplating whether White Nights - despite its length - is in actuality the most overlooked classic in all of Russian romantic literary history.

18. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Man, Conor's fans on social media are the least educated MMA fans.

Nebraska likes this.
  19. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

have you forgotten Tito's fans?

I mean, Im sure his mom is still at fan at least

20. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

McGregor’s biggest fanboy stroking the shaft at every opportunity.

If the clown is the most powerful person in MMA why did he just get his toy taken away for a second time?