1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Mackenzie Dern ‘will be bigger than Ronda Rousey'

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Poindexter, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Noise

Noise Ruido

lol, Rachel Dolezol accent.

2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

dipshit you do realize that's how accents are adopted right? lots of times accidentally. if you went and lived in england you'd pick up an english accent. all that you see is that she's spent a shit load of time in Brazil and the english speaking people there havre very heavy accents so it naturally rubs off. this is of course why it's progressive and gets heavier over time

how could you be so dumb as to not to know this?

In all honesty? YOU are like mma spot's rachel dolezal. She's trying to change her name to get away from her past as a retard. Just like you did since we all know you're freakdog.'

Maybe this should be changed to her face

:freak

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    Afro likes this.
  3. Palma

Palma I am chaos

She didn't adopt an accent that heavy. Her father is Megaton. He has a super thick accent and it never affected the way she spoke.

She never had a hint of an accent and two years later she pretends to struggle with English.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  4. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Bia Mesquita taps Mackenzie Dern at the Rio Falls absolute final

5. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Any nudes?

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  6. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Ok since that ship has sailed now. Can we change the title to "Bia Mesquita will be bigger than Ronda Rousey"?

sourdough likes this.
  7. thumper

I'd have to watch it again but i didn't notice her trying to struggle with english. but my guess is she spoke portugese in brazil? how long did she live there.

either way, it doesn't take long to pick up accents. you can actually pick them up in a few months. I'm sure she was trying to do it to a point, everyone wants to fit in where they're at. But I know a person that spent a year in england and he came back with an english accent and it stuck for a couple months. actually some words stuck a lot longer.

point being it's a whole lot different having one person speaking with an accent and everyone around you doing it. The question is how long she was in brazil.

either way, it makes perfect sense she'd pick it up if she was there even 6 months
    --- Post Added -- Apr 2, 2017, ---
    I saw that too.

This is the problem with touting these 'next ronda rousey' or touting sage as 'the next mma stud' or that dipshit conor trains with lying saying he's the highest paid in bellator with a 0-0 record, and after he starts his bragging he gets crushed at the pans in BJJ.

People need to SHUT UP, and build a record then start talking shit. Conor did it that way. although I can't stand him, he did it the right way. by the time his hype started he had a good record. if you don't have that to start all eyes are on you and the first time you fuck up you lose most of the credibility you were trying to get.

I don't care for the braggart shit anyway, but when people hype these fighters before they even get there it just sucks. Mackenzie only has 3 MMA fights two of which were decisions. That aint breaking any records

then you gotta look at the records of who they did beat. Granted when you're new you're going to be fighting other low quality fighters, but when you can't finish 2 of your 3 wins it doesn't warrant much hype
    The girl she just beat was 2 and 1, that montana chick she beat before that had a pretty strong record. i think it was like 5 and 2 or something. the first girl was a newbie like her.

So none of those really matter much. it takes time to build up a good record. I don't know if SHE is bragging though, isn't it mostly others hyping her?

8. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

but she was born in america, lives in american, and from what i know hasn't moved to brazil.

And yes everyone knows you can pick up an accent if you live around people long enough like madonna and johnny depp has done.

at this rate by 2020 we will need Ed Soares translating her post fight interviews with Stann.

everyone knows i am freakdog and before that i was atj lucko at news, i just went back to what i was.

9. thumper

I thought she moved to brazil. well that's a whole different story. I thought she had moved there and spent years.

You're still the rachel dolezal here though

EDIT: i remember now, someone on the reddit site posted about it. I couldn't find it, but here's someone else that mentions it. no clue if it's true. I just accepted it when i read it before because there wasn't any reason not to

Afro likes this.
  10. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Over/under she will miss weight again?

Malevolence likes this.
  11. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I was being facetious. She isn't literally struggling with English. She just has a thick accent.

She grew up speaking Portuguese and English and never had an accent. I don't see what training in Brazil for six months has anything to do with it. I doubt she was speaking broken English while she was down there.

Her accent is completely fake. It's quite a joke in the Bjj community right now.
    Has she ever made weight?

Noise likes this.
  12. Noise

Noise Ruido

The Renato Laranja Rosetta Stone for Aspiring P'oahs! :rofl:

[​IMG]

Walter Sobchak, Malevolence and Palma like this.
  13. Sakara=Excitement

Quite and interesting change of accent. But it doesn't bother me. Let anyone be anyone they want to be as long as you aren't hurting others.

14. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Well, she is a professional MMA fighter that gets paid to hurt others.

15. Sakara=Excitement

Touché

Palma likes this.
  16. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Mackenzie Dern Out Of Abu Dhabi World Pro 2017

17. Palma

Palma I am chaos

18. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

She's bigger.

19. thumper

@Palma I think i have to admit, after reading what everyone is saying and watching those videos again i think i'm going to concede and agree that it's fake.

I guess at first i didn't think about it, then just figured it was legit, but man when you really listen it's hard to argue anymore.

I lose

Palma likes this.
  20. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

This is from a less than reliable site, so take it for what it is...

UFC Signs Mackenzie Dern To Same Contract Type As Cris Cyborg