1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Luke Rockhold vs. Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber headline UFC 199

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman, Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber headline UFC 199

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Not interested in seeing Faber get a title shot again.

3. Cat--Smasher

All four of these guys were pretty entertaining at the press conference, not necessarily in a good way.

Dominick apologizing to the fans for making them listen to Faber's shit talk was golden!

Luke and Chris are starting off good promoting their rematch. Luke looked frustrated with Chris's claims of him being a playboy a little to quick.

4. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

I am, just because it's probably his last run.

5. Cat--Smasher

Faber wont have nothing for Dominick who will be much faster and more technical.

6. Poindexter

I've rooted against him a fair amount, but I like him in terms of his personality, skill set, and dedication. He looked bad in his last couple, and I think he may be more suited toward taking big fights of lesser consequence. What does he do after this, if he loses? That said, he hasn't taken a lot of punishment and has much more reason to continue than a lot of aging fighters, see Diego Sanchez. I would have rather have seen him face Dillashaw.

7. Amlap

That's what everyone said the first time and he almost knocked Cruz out.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 4, 2016, ---
    I would have too, but the only reason people don't want to see him fight for the title is because of who he is what he has accomplished. If he was a lesser name fighter with the same record over the same fighters it would still make sense, in terms of contention.

Noise likes this.
  8. Cat--Smasher

Ten years ago when Faber was in his prime....

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  9. Amlap

Lol, they said he past his prime then.

10. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Granted the first time Faber choked out Cruz. And in their second fight, dropped Cruz at least twice and I had Faber winning a 48-47 decision.

chuckthechamp and Amlap like this.
  11. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Ok ass face is the only candidate at the moment. I don't have a problem with the trilogy fight. But if Faber loses, he's gotta be out of chances right?

12. Noise

Noise Ruido

Out of chances makes it sound like he hasn't worked his way back to each of those shots - So, short answer (hah): no. If he works his way back up the ladder to top contender status, he'll deserve the top contender shot.

:rip:

Big fan of Dominick and Urijah, so. I'm really looking forward to it.

13. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

What the hell is wrong with being a playboy?

Totally not interested in seeing the rematch. Weidman lost decisively. There are other matches to be made in the division. Goddamn instant title shot rematches.

Benevolence likes this.
  14. Malevolence

Malevolence Jes for gay Jesus

I guess it was a timing thing with Jacare & Vitor booked to fight & Yoel in limbo. No way Chris deserved an immediate re-match, not with the way he got handled first time round. I think the UFC is cashing in on teh Chris while he still has high name recognition/value.

15. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

I thought the fight was pretty competitive up until the 'wheel kick'. Both of them were blowing pretty hard (which i thought was due to the iv ban) and both of them had injuries/illness that didnt come to light until after the fight. Its not the most egregious instant rematch we've seen i dont think.

Weidman has it in him to take Rockhold.

nbm02ss and Poindexter like this.
  16. Poindexter

I am in agreement on each point. It should be a spectacular fight.

Goremire likes this.
  17. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

Middleweight is possibly my favourite division at the moment. Any one of the top 10 could beat each other on any given night. I rate Rockhold but i dont think he's head-and-shoulders above everyone else. I think we might see the belt change hands fairly frequently over the next few years.

18. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

I had Faber winning the 2nd fight as well.

Giblert=Excitement likes this.
  19. nbm02ss

nbm02ss Well-Known Member

I'll be rooting for Cruz and Weidman, but I wouldn't be upset if Faber and/or Luke won; just hoping for some good wars.

0mega1 likes this.
  20. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Whenever an ex-champ gets an unjustified instant rematch, I just really want to see them lose.