Losing weight.

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by LookItsLance, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’ve done whole 30 twice. You are guaranteed to lose weight on it. You feel great when you do it.

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Who doesn’t mother fucker?!??

3. Noise

Noise Ruido

Y'all niggas really need to try crack; moderation is key, #blessyou #yourwelcome #liveAlil.

4. Miz

Boiling some potato’s right now! @Virtualpurple are we doing the potato hack come March 11?
    --- Post Added -- Mar 5, 2020, ---
    Got to lose some weight. Doing 100 pushups a day starting today, and I’m going to try the potato hack. I weigh 190, but was 170 back in October (went back on a bi-p med). Plan on taking the kids to the pool everyday his summer, so I got a few months, but need to get with it.

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix The Fat Mamba Site Donor

I don't actually own a scale but I have seemed to lose a bunch of belly recently. I've stuck to one-meal-a-day more consistently. Again, this is primarily for my intestinal condition and not for weight loss. I eat about 800-1500 calories a day in about a 2 hour period. And that's it till the next day. I need to round out my nutrition because I do crave calorically dense foods at times. My vice has been chicken sandwiches. Mostly homemade but still.. there are better options.

I've been doing this for about 2 months solid. I can't recall the impetus. At some point I realized that linzessing in the evening was going off without a hitch whereas morning or after linzessing would occasionally be a nightmare. The emptier the stomach the better (for me) with linzess so evenings it is.

I eat between 4:30 and 6:30 everyday and then I don't eat till the next day. I have to drink so much water on the daily I never really feel hungry. Downside is exercise. I don't exactly have an abundance of energy and dropping blood sugar is a real problem. So I'm walking like a bitch until I can figure out a proper solution. Something that will allow me to do a run or some weight training while not eating.

Poindexter and Miz like this.
  6. Miz

@Ninjastix how do you stay full??? Water? I’m just so damn hungry. I blame this one med I take.

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

190? You're just a wee fella.

Miz likes this.
  8. Ninjastix

I only really feel hungry as a I start to eat. The longer I go without eating the more fine I am with not eating. There's usually a mid-morning hurdle, and that's when I'll have a diet soda or a tea without anything added.

One benefit is that it turns just basic meals into a bit of an experience. Withholding food amplifies eating a sandwich with a cup of coffee. Which I can have now.. provided I use milk not cream and only drink coffee as a meal.

I have a slow metabolism. And my body is insulin resistance. And I have a problematic biome. Did I do it to myself or was a I born this way? It's a chicken/egg argument but the reality for me is that unless I have a treatment to shit normally, this has worked out extremely well. I can't do it 7 days a week because I still take Trulicity. The day after I take a Trulicity shot it is a VERY bad idea to fast. So I nibble on dark chocolate throughout the day and eat a dinner later on.

I find not eating very therapeutic but you have to understand my situation. I'm in constant intestinal discomfort. Constant. For over a decade now. I never get a day off from it. There's just degrees to it. With this sort of schedule I can manage the discomfort more easily.

Miz likes this.
  9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Sounds like hell.

10. Miz

I way 195 pounds. I’ve gained 25 pounds since going back on my meds in November. I just completed 200 push ups. The bleeding stops now. Assuming this Coronavirus thing ends I have about 1-2 months to get back in swim suit shape. Today is my day. 200 pushups every day. I got this.

11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Sets of how many?

12. Ninjastix

Gotta get the nutrition right homie. That's the life goal, and it'll make up for things when you're hurt, or busy, or tired, and unmotivated.

It's the hardest education for an American. Getting good food in reasonable amounts into your body. Otherwise you just fluffling it.

13. Miz

8 sets of 25. Back in November I could 42 in one set.
    I don’t eat terribly when I decide to get back in shape. A bit country as I was raised, but not horribly.

14. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Just do the don’t eat shit diet combined with the, go out and move your ass around large areas and lift things that will challenge you. If you put those three things together you can accomplish a lot. You don’t even need fad diets to do it.

Poindexter and Miz like this.
  15. Miz

I lost about 20 pounds last year doing the push up sit up thing. I like push ups. That and walking. I live in the country so I got a nice area I can hike.

16. Noise

Noise Ruido

Y'all would love crack.

17. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Haha! Right?!

18. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

I dunno, fucking Katy Perry wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.