Losing weight.

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by LookItsLance, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’ve been trying to get back in shape. I’ve got one of those resistance bands that you can put in the side of your door. I like it cause I’ll just walk by the door I have it in and do some quit reps. Do you have that? I find it fun and not as hard or mentally taxing as pushups and regular squats. I want to run again, but I’ve got to get this plantar fasciitis under control.

2. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

They are commonly referred to as pussy bands.

Miz likes this.
  3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I have bands with handles and just big bands. I do pull aparts, I do front rows (face pulls), squats, and crab walks. I can't quite get a tricep extension down with them or shoulder presses. I mean I can do it but I don't feel it like the others.

4. MongoloidByChoke

3B8A63B2-B5E1-438F-B9C3-3A1DAF98AAE9.jpeg
    --- Post Added -- Mar 12, 2019, ---
    That’s the one ninja. The model I have is 1750 commercial

Ninjastix likes this.
  5. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

You enjoying your wraps and gloves?

6. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

I gotta figure something out. Motivation is huge issue for me. I've struggled with my weight all my life. When I was 18 years old I weighed 250 pounds. That's when I was incarcerated and I got all the way down to 173 pounds, six pack, the works, when I was released at 23. I hovered around 200 but once I met my wife, that motivation left and before you know it, 13 years later I'm back up to 250. I need to figure something out. At 36, I've noticed my back injury (from a car crash) bothers me a lot more, so much that I had to buy a brace recently and I was diagnosed with Exercise induced asthma and I have to carry around an inhaler with me.

I dunno, maybe you guys can help me.

7. MongoloidByChoke

What gloves? Yes wraps are good when training for a meet. I think the joke you were trying to use was straps. Go back draw it up again and when you are ready let’s hear it. We will be waiting in anticipation. Fucking muppet. You would fuck up a free lunch and beg for a hot one.

8. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

WRAPS ARE AS PUSSY AS BANDS

9. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Just setting foot in a gym, or out the door to run/walk/be active, anything is the hardest thing to do and also the simplest.

I've found that just making it part of my routine helps.

Like, I just go to the gym before and after work.

I't's just in the line of things that I do during the day, shimmied in between brushing my teeth and stuff.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that instead of dreading starting, just be apathetic towards it like you would getting up early to go to work or something.

You could also put "I'm a fat fuck" on a note and tape it to everything eye level.

10. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

[​IMG]

SickNasty likes this.
  11. MongoloidByChoke

No they are not you dipshit. You have zero knowledge, shit pipe.

Cornbread and Ketchup likes this.
  12. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Clearly you know shit. Bands are good for warming up or using for super sets

13. Ninjastix

For the back stuff, if you check some recent studies they show that yoga helps. In some cases tremendously. But I think you want to have a dual approach my man. I don't know what you're insurance is like but honestly I'd start with a nutritionist and a trainer if you struggle with motivation.

You need to make sure you're eating right otherwise all the work you do is undone by bad habits. If you have problems pushing or challenging yourself then work with someone certified to teach you things you can do, either in a gym or with your own body weight. Personally if I were in your situation with the bad back I would absolutely look at yoga-like trainers to help build your core, your quads and hammies, and start strengthening your back. Total body routines with lots of held poses and stretching.

Gonna hurt like a bitch but think of it this way - you pay that cost upfront. Being on pills the rest of your life, you build that "debt". Year over year those pills will do less and less and it'll erode your health from the inside out. If you feel like you lack fitness education.. then address that first.

There's 0 shame in it. You can't go from a poor diet and limited activity to perfect nutrition and a fitness plan that's aces. That's not realistic. You need to discover what works for you, what you believe (key word) you can stick to -> long term, and crazy enough, what you enjoy. I enjoy running on a treadmill. I really do. But some people would rather cut their feet off and I get that. That's how I feel about outdoor runs. I always end up hurting myself. But you might like rowing, or swimming, or dancing? Why not?

The best advice I can give you is to ask professionals for help. Do your research. Spend your money wisely. I think a nutritionist and a trainer would be excellent starts. Work on a solution for you.

14. Ninjastix