1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Lord of the rings

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by thumper, Jun 6, 2010.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I'm trying to download some old movies I've watched a thousand times. I just finished titanic, Raiders of the lost ark and finding nemo,

but I think I want to watch some huge movies that I never paid attention to.

Lord of the rings. I'm not a huge fantasy movie fan. but I do like some stuff. do you really need to be a fantasy fanboy to enjoy this series? no sense in downloading it if i do

2. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i don't think you do. they're really solid movies and if fantasy isn't a dealbreaker for you, you should enjoy them. they do drag a bit at times, with each one being around 3 hours, but they're still very good movies.

3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Gollum makes the 2nd and 3rd films flow smoothly. The first one is okay but it's a whole lot of "beginning." It really picks up in the 2nd and 3rd and becomes quite interesting.

4. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

LOTR = Masterpiece of a book. Masterpiece of a trilogy in the cinema.

Love it.

Kano likes this.
  5. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

I prefer the extended editions of ALL of them

6. thumper

Well, based on all this i'm going to watch it tonight. i'm hoping i'll like it since there's lots in the series to see.

i felt a little pedo wanting to watch it though. isn't it all kids?

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

8. Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva UFC Middleweight Champion

Fellowship was always my favorite, especially the extended editions.

9. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

When you say "it" you don't mean all 3 do you? That's ill-advised.

The extended versions of I and II are very good. The Fellowship is a very mellow movie initially, very deliberately paced but has some very compelling action/adventure scenes throughout.

All the movies are extremely well-shot and acted. The extended version of the second film: The Two Towers is probably my favorite, the scope is larger than the first and the character relationships are extremely interesting, the movie has an excellent balance to it.

10. thumper

ok wait. first off i don't know what 'extended version' means. I'm just going to download one and see if I like it, then I'll get the rest on blu-ray if available.

the 1080p i'm downloading now is lord of the rings, fellowship of the ring.

If you had to pick one to watch, knowing you haven't seen any, what would it be?

11. Anderson Silva

I highly recommend seeing the 'Extended Editions'....it's the only way to go!

12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i don't think there's any kids in the movies, actually. the hobbits are small and child-sized compared to the humans, elves, etc, but i don't remember any kids really. you're probably confusing it with harry potter

13. thumper

shit. lol that's exactly what i was doing.

i stopped my download and started one that's an 'extended' version

14. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

The extended versions have about 30-45 minutes of additional footage. They're better paced and more coherent but longer.

15. thumper

actually I usually prefer longer movies. I enjoy being able to get much deeper into the story. unless the movie drags a lot of course.

cool

16. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

I've never watched any of the movies, but I've always heard they are really good.

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

you should get on that. i'm not a huge fan that's seen them all a bunch of times, but i saw them all in the theatre and really liked each one. however, i can't help but love the argument that Star Wars is the REAL trilogy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM[/ame]

18. Anderson Silva

If you ever get the chance to read the books, check it out, they're pretty cool.

19. thumper

Hmm.. you know, when i was a kid i read 'the hobbit' and liked it. but that was so long ago I don't even remember what it was about. lol

I tried reading a book the other day 'the manchurian candidate' but I can't sit still long enough to get into it anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

oh footnote. "finding nemo" was dissapointing..... since it was in german.

they need to label this shit on usenet :)

20. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

try some audio books for entertainment.