1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for phone recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dimson, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I am looking at moving phone service in order to save some money but the carriers I am looking to go to, you have to bring your phone or buy one outright. What do you guys recommend for someone on a budget?

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Metro PCS was always good to me if you're looking for something on a bit of a budget.

3. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

If your phone works on Google Fi, I highly recommend it. Fi was super affordable (plus reimburses you for data that you don't use) and had the bonus of seemlessly switching between carrier and Wifi calling. Only reason that I left was in Manhattan basically only Verizon and ATT work (even those, not well) and I wanted connectivity at work.

4. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Nokia 3310

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I hate you for even making me look that one up.

JeterLover27 likes this.
  6. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Sprint in the philly area has been quite shit for me lately.
    Plus my phone bill for 2 phones unlimited everything is fucking nausiatingly $245.00 / month.

7. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

8. AnchorPunch

Not cheap, but I'm loving the Pixel 3.

Noise likes this.
  9. Noise

Noise Ruido

Is the camera worth it? I've been thinking about my next phone and camera is definitely a priority for me - carrier, network, internet/data probably high up there as well priority-wise, but as far as features go: camera's the make or break.

iPhone 7S Plus camera's great; any step up on that'd definitely be worth it though. Not crazy about the iPhone set-up/operating system. Super sleek design, can't say I regret it, but. Might go back to 'droid in the near future.

disposableassassin likes this.
  10. AnchorPunch

I don't take many photos but the couple I took so far were perfect, regardless of lighting. So I think it's pretty good.

Noise likes this.
  11. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

You’re gonna pay for it either. You’re either going to have to fork money up front to buy a phone and then get cheap pre-paid service or you’re going to pay more for better post-paid service and then do installments over time for a phone.

Are you into tech so that you would want a nice phone or is a cheap phone okay with you?

12. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I pay $25 for a 60 day card from tracfone.
    $12.50 a month
    Works great, great price, never had a problem.

Galaxy J7 sky pro $119

Edit: had the same phone one size smaller for $69

Poindexter likes this.