1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Liddell's UFC retirement official, named executive VP of business development

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by willpunisher, Dec 29, 2010.

1. willpunisher

willpunisher Proud Brasilian

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21887/chuck-liddells-ufc-retirement-official-named-vp-of-business-development.mma

Liddell gotta take Randy, Sylvia and Hughes along with him to retirement.

2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

All too appropriate. Chuck isn't an executive. This relationship ends badly.

4. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

lol great gif, I wonder how well he will do

5. scottsec

scottsec NOLA

I still wanna see him fight Tito....lol...

6. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

Looks like that's never gonna happened, well unless Tito gets cut and a six months from now Chuck wants to fight again and leaves for SF and they fight there.

7. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

that will NEVER happen!

8. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Sad day to be honest. I hate Liddell, but anyone would be a fool to say he wasn't a great fighter. It was time though.

9. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I don't think it will end badly. This will most likely be a symbolic position at best. Outside of PR I don't see much being required of him.

10. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

He does have a business degree....

11. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

It's Business accounting, how is that gonna help him with this?

12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

that's what i'm thinking. i know they're not going to just give chuck a job he's utterly unqualified for b/c they like him. they seem to know what they're doing professionally, so i'm pretty sure they're not going to just give away a huge responsibility to some drunk in a mohawk.

13. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I know some grade A fuck ups with business degrees...

Still, I think Chuck is an intelligent guy. He comes off that way in his book at least. I think he will be fine.

14. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I agree. I don't think this is a token position at all.

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Yeah. I think he may involved in some conversations in generating some ideas here and there, but this seems like a thank you to him and a way to help him be at ease with retiring.

16. thumper

i don't like chuck, but to discount him as a business man is nuts, he's got degrees in business, and accounting doesn't he? he's more qualified in basick knowledge than dana was lol.

But the irony is having a guy that's punch drunk, slurring words trying to develop business in international markets ROFL.

this is clearly a token job.

17. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

Im 100% positive his VP contract still has non compete clauses in it. I bet there is stipulations that he cant fight or work for another promotion for a long time.

This is IMO no different than some players from other sports getting GM and other corporate jobs because they have a degree and have a great face for the sport.

At least most wrestlers actually have to go to class in college. Not like FB and BB who colleges hand out diplomas to people who probably couldnt finish the puzzles on the back of the Capn Crunch box.

I mean, I never have watched any apprentice show but heard Tito actually did very well. That is Tito Ortiz got respect from the Donald. Something tells me Liddell is smarter than him. Sure he isnt going to be crunching every number but Im sure he can bring slightly more than his face to the company.

18. thumper

hey wait a minute.... those are fucking hard.

19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i honestly think tito is a moron. he's obviously got a lot of business smarts or the smarts to get the right people behind him for financial decisions, but any time i've ever heard him talk like an adult and get involved in some kind of discussion, he's sounded like a complete moron. prime example of this is when he said that deaf people have softer heads on Inside MMA, everyone laughed at his ludicrous statement, and then he defended it b/c that's a medical fact in his moron head.

20. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

I actually almost mentioned the Deaf/Soft head syndrome.

Great thing is, even if it was true (and it soooooooooo isnt) No head is soft enough for Tito to KO.