1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Khabib Nurmagomedov's manager has ballpark price tag for next fight: $50 million

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by dan the man, Oct 31, 2018.

1. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/khabi...ht-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-ufc-boxing

Is that all, Khabib?

Is it me, or is Khabib losing his fucking mind? He seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on, starting from the whole Connor saga. And now this? I'm glad he thinks so highly of himself, however I don't think he is anywhere close to being a big draw. Maybe he thinks it was more him than Connor for their PPV success.......

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

That's the precedent that's been set. Talk shit on social media, demand more money, sit out until you get it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

NotSoDarkAngel, Qball1974 and Kano like this.
  3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Negotiating 101.

Poindexter and TriangleSmoke like this.
  4. helipoison

helipoison Well-Known Member

He's just following the trend of fighters wanting to get paid. Now is the asking price reasonable ? I don't know. I feel the UFC backed themselves into this corner with their position on fighter sponsorships, allowing/promoting "super fights" for the money grabs regardless of rankings/situation, and fighter pay not going up proportionally with the amount of money they were making.

Bottom line to me is;

The UFC is a business and is trying to make as much money as possible.

The fighters are putting their bodies/lives on the line so they are trying to make as much money as possible.

This leads us back to the age old thoughts of what's more at stake, a person or a business ? From there you have to draw the lines and it's hard.

Qball1974 and Kano like this.
  5. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

You’ll never know unless you ask.

6. Kano

My bad, I thought by Dan's overreaction it was 50 billion.
    It's actually only 50 million.

TriangleSmoke likes this.
  7. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Is Khabib saying anything? I thought it was his manager; and managers are supposed to do crap like that (though I wish they'd do it behind closed doors because I don't care at all)

8. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I would like to see how playing hardball turns out for them. Play those cards, Ali.

9. Noise

Noise Ruido

Hell yea, another opportunity for us as fans to begrudge a fighter for trying to get paid.

I hope he holds Conor's dignity ransom for a cool $125.6 million. With a $50 million bitch tax to deal with the dorkish fanbase.

Poindexter and AnchorPunch like this.
  10. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Give nothing. Take everything.

Seriously though, if Khabib is content to walk away from fighting and money then there's not much sway or influence the UFC can exert on him.

The best thing to do is throw the gamest competitor at him, and that's Tony. Pay them both.

11. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Managers represent the fighters, no? I doubt his manager just came out and said that without Khabib's knowledge and consent. If he did, and I was Khabib, I'd now be looking for a new manager.

Who's begrudging anyone? When I read something that is so "out there", I call it as I see it. I would do the same if I were to read that a burger flipper at a fast food joint wants $100/hour when actual pay is probably between $10 - 15. It's just getting stupid now. The only reason that Connor has made what he has is because he is an amazing self-promoter. Does Khabib now think he's Connor because he just fought him?

12. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Smart move by Team Khabib. Aim high initially so when they're working their way down during negotiations there's still a lot of room for a big payday.

Since you're a master negotiator what would you have him do if you were his manager?

13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Negotiate for a lifetime supply of Baby Ruths.

Sorry, passing out Halloween candy. It's on my mind

TriangleSmoke and Poindexter like this.
  14. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

give me a break. Conor made $5,000,000 disclosed for fighting khabib who made $2,000,000 and this guy, who had very low following before cono's fight has a piece of shit terrorist, criminal management that asks for 10 times that?

I'm familiar with 'peel them off the ceiling' tactics, but this is so ridiculous it's humorous

15. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I just gave a kid a handful of candycorn after giving all of his friends the good shit because the kid acted like a fucking prick on my front porch.

God I love Halloween.

Nebraska, 0mega1, kc56 and 5 others like this.
  16. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

If he had not fought/beat Conor, 95% of people would be saying "Who?"

17. Kano

LOL, I have a bunch of chocolate treats and fruit snacks.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 31, 2018, ---
    he did fight and beat McTapp

Poindexter and TriangleSmoke like this.
  18. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

Not arguing against that, I am just saying no one would know who he was if he had not fought Mcgregor.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  19. Kano

your Aunt would be your Uncle if she had a dick.

nothing against you. Perfect set up for an old joke.

Poindexter likes this.
  20. Noise

Noise Ruido

If they want it bad enough, Conor McGregor and his bald owner will pay for the privilege of begging for his life a second time; unlike those undeserving crybaby Diaz nerds, now you have someone who can actually strong-arm negotiations. WME/IMG will pay for the bullshit antics their Irish golden goose was playing - and I for one hope they pay in spades.