1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Kellogg’s pulls “racist” art on Corn Pops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Walter Sobchak, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Hard worker with the fucking iPod, has a nose like a normal person and has a fucking job. He is not even a fucking pop. Fuck sake

Spoon and disposableassassin like this.
  2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

You fucking enabler. Damn cops hate all people/things of color. you probably don't even like black cars

disposableassassin likes this.
  3. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

I mean...somebody DID just make the janitor brown. And it's not like there's brown corn pops.

Poindexter and Afro like this.
  4. Walter Sobchak

What’s wrong with being a fucking janitor??? They make good money here with pensions

5. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

oh god this is what we have become, there are plenty of major problems we are facing in this world and there are people complaining about corn pops. The human race has outlived its usefulness.

6. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

#black-corn-pops-jobs-matter

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  7. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Someone made an observation that a the only brownish pop on the cereal box was a janitor, which reminds people that lighter browned skin humans have been historically typecast as the janitor, maintenance person, cleaning lady, etc versus more white dominated rolls.

I mean, janitors are honest hard working people who can earn a decent living with a decent wage depending on the employer. There is nothing inherently wrong with being a janitor.

I'm sure if you saw something portraying a white police officer as a corrupt, rampaging, black person murderer on a product designed to entertain youth during the most important meal of the day, you might be rubbed the wrong way.

Someone pointed something out on the internet, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Unless your panties are bunched on the floor due to a hastily removal in some sweet love making preparation, in which case, pantie bunch away.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

sourdough likes this.
  9. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

Nothing except it's traditionally a low paying job that's commonly associated with low income minorities.

Also, my dad was a janitor. He got no pension and no money.

10. Walter Sobchak

I see your point, maybe I’m different but if someone put that on a cereal box like you said, I don’t care. I just feel like every single thing is scrutinized. Constantly, this guy said his kid was asking why the pop was that color. That’s bullshit, kids that young are not asking about race. This is a Fucking cereal for fuck sake. People making an issue when there is none. I’m sick of how people are now. Eveything is insulting or bothersome, you can’t tell me people are not over sensitive to Fucking everything. Constantly having to have a gripe, like they get up to find something wrong.

11. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

I don't know if kids that young are asking about race, but I'll bet they're too busy being kids to question the racial implications of a cartoon cereal character.

In terms of race and all of that I do understand making a mountain out of a mole hill does more damage to your cause than good.

Like, is a brown pop really worth the hassle of online boycotts and all of that? IMHO nah, people, often times people who could be a bit more empathetic to their fellow non-same-race man get turned off to the plight experienced when it's expressed through a cartoon like this. It takes away from the greater, far easier to see, examples of racial issues that plague society.

However, at the same time, racially insensitive cereal cartoons do deserve acknowledgement, IMHO.

12. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Totally. The next thing you know, someone here will create an angry thread about it. Why do people get so upset about other people getting so upset? How do people have the time to point out how other have the time?

Miz, ChuckBooty 2.0, Kevo and 2 others like this.
  13. Walter Sobchak

Hey fuck you pal

Miz likes this.
  14. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I know, I know! Totally!!!

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  15. Walter Sobchak

like duh

16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

What the fuck did you just say to me?

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Bish

Palma likes this.
  18. Walter Sobchak

Fuck off dick brick.

19. Palma

Palma I am chaos

That's racist, you black Muslim asshole.

20. Walter Sobchak

I am not the asshole of a Muslim. You judgemental fuck stick.