1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Just got my early demo from gamestop

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by unreal, Apr 18, 2009.

1. unreal

unreal Oooss

Thats right if you preordered you get an early demo!!

28% done!!

2. Peno

Peno All will fall

Shut the fuck up! Are you serious?!!! Son of a bitch! I was gonna preorder mine this week!

3. unreal

unreal Oooss

that pic dont lie :D

this game is amazing, i wouldnt be surprised it got a 9.0 rating.

the battles in the ground are sick, and a fight never ends the same way. that being said i have yet to win a fight having fought 3 times the pc and like 7 a friend of mine, i picked shogun all but one.

4. unreal

unreal Oooss

this game is amazing

couple of things:

its hard to beat chuck playing shogun

you can pull guard if you are tired or getting hurt

you can lay and pray

and whats funnier, people boo when you do these things!!!

edit: in case someone doesnt believe me my gametag is wakeandbakePR, you can see it there

5. Gr8_White_Rabbit

Gr8_White_Rabbit GnP that Diverticulitis

Footage from the demo by two guys on only their 4th fight with the game. Liddell wins via left elbow strike, late in the 2nd.
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/asFjeIh22GI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/asFjeIh22GI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Shogun by kimura in Rd2
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7jyx-KP5Dw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7jyx-KP5Dw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Liddell by overhand right in Rd1
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9kbgEBEjMyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9kbgEBEjMyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

6. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

It actually looks much better, much more fluid... I'm very impressed with what those videos show thus far... the pacing looks very good...

7. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

I am buying this now. This looks so much better than all the other videos so far. Hopefully it isn't buggy.

8. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

wow, its looks amazing..im buying for sure

9. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Well shit since I logged in I might as well give my review. The power and chin they gave Chuck is a little bullshit. You can beat the fuck out of him with Shogun and he tags you with anything you go to sleep. One issue I had was they will stand you up even when you are throwing punches on the ground. The MT clinch and double and single underhooks are the hardest to get used to. Transitions on the ground are extremely well done, and the reversals are ever so fluid.

The punches and kicks are well done, and just by hitting LB and kicking from a distance with Shogun throws one hell of a flying knee. With Chuck you use the punch and either get a spinning back fist or a superman Punch. The submissions are pretty decent and depending on where you are when you push R3 is what sub you will do. I had a gogo (or what looked like one) going, but couldn't get it finished. Chuck is unbelievably hard to submit.

When you play as chuck the control feels absolutely different. And you can really tell you are playing with a slower power striker. The hardest thing for me is the MT. I have yet to clinch and throw a knee to the face. The player damage is great, and the character models are perfect. Also the later in the round the sweat plays a factor or so it seems

I give it a 9/10

10. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Welcome back.

11. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Oh I am not back, just the site I usually go to now to check news, doesn't have the prelim results up, or what happened. I came on and noticed I wasn't the only one with the demo, so I figured i'd throw in my 2 cents.

12. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Ah, you're more than welcome to come back.

13. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Will you guys please trade places?
    GG come back.
    Coy go find a hole and jump in it.

14. bigsmooth696969

bigsmooth696969 G.T.L.

I have it pre ordered from Gamestop and those Hobags didnt give me shit. I guess its because I always told them when they were EB Games that EB stood for Extra Bad! Please tell me you can charge an opponent when they are knocked to the canvas.

15. groundgame

groundgame New Member

yo man just call up there and if they have anymore tell them to hold you a card. They will look to verify you pre-ordered and give you the code. and yes you can rush them.

16. unreal

unreal Oooss

Just because you preordered doesn't mean you get the early demo, the gamestop where I got it from is huge and they only got 5 early demos and they were only for 360.

Very true, I thought at first it was impossible to beat Chuck using Shogun but I've learned that you simply can't stand toe to toe with him, stay away use leg kicks and for God sakes get that MT plumb and knee Chuck in the head, it does ALOT of damage. Also use alot of takedowns and try to hold him in there and lay and pray a decision (crowd boos when you do this)

I do agree the ref stand ups are a little bullshit sometimes, specially when your hitting your opponent in the face. The controls for this game are great and surprisingly easy to pick up, with the exception of the groundgame and its transitions (I still have a hard time keeping Shogun from passing my guard)

Something that hasn't been mentioned is the 4 (or 5) difficulty levels, it makes it that much interesting since you can only choose 2 players. I'm in level 3 right now, its pretty hard but I manage to win every now and then.

The action is fluid, not robotic as it looked in previous vids.

Cant wait for the full game.

EDIT: The one thing that bugged me the most is the score cards or decisions, before you even hear Buffer saying "and the winner by ..." you see the names of the 2 fighters and how judge 1, 2 and 3 scored the fight and it makes it very anti climatic. I've already fought to a draw and managed to LnP a decision over Chuck.

Either way hope the full game fixes that.

17. Ninjastix

just picked up a demo code from gamestop... downloading now... can't wait...

18. unreal

unreal Oooss

Wow, I just Ko'd Shogun with 10 seconds remaining in the fight after being mounted and nearly submitted more times than I can remember. I'm playing in advanced level now, I'm going to play a little more before going into expert (hardest)

19. Ninjastix

Wow Liddell is some bullshit... I hit that guy with kitchen sink and he wouldn't even budge...

Luckily this forced me to begin to master the thai clinch and HOLY shit is it devastating..

After losing two quick fights to Chuck I went back the tutorials to find out how to clinch... then I quickly TKO'ed Chuck in a rematch after a flush knee to the face...

It looks AWESOME, the Thai Clinch that is... and keeping you opponent off balance with whips is key... the trick is setting up...

So far the game seems very deep, I can't wait to create my uber judokar and flip everyone to victory...

20. Ninjastix

I officially hate Chuck Liddell... he is like god mode at times.. but with Shogun I found a consistent way to catch him with a high kick every time he tries that looping right hand...

It's the superman punch that pisses me off... If it lands flush it has a damn near 50% chance to KO you... it's also very hard to take Chuck down and keep him there... though I did pound him out twice, I've yet to submit this fucker...

Thai clinch seems to work best when you can get it, and I can't seem to find a reason to use leg kicks or defend the body...

Gonna bump it up to the highest difficult later... I can own Chuck on experienced now all day... last fight I caught him with a picture perfect flying knee...