1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Jussie Smollett incident

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JeterLover27, Feb 1, 2019.

1. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Have any of you been following this case, what are your thoughts on this. I have been following it and quite honestly, I have a hard time believing the described accounts. Even more so after what has and has not been discovered at this time.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 1, 2019, ---
    I’m actually shocked none of you have started talking about this at all. I was sure @ATJ-Lucko would have been all over this
    I’m actually shocked none of you have started talking about this at all. I was sure @ATJ-Lucko would have been all over this

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

No idea what you're talking about. Post an article

3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Same. Seems like a recipe for a shit-post bait.

Poindexter and Kevo like this.
  4. MongoloidByChoke

Are you saying you haven’t heard about the incident? I can never post articles to this forum. Never works for me. I’ll post some links.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...le-hate-crime/y8I50u6jtGMGeSSGIEDwNN/amp.html
    I can’t find the initial report. I didn’t even know who this guy was prior to this. Never heard of him before or the show he is on. Sounds like something went wrong for him and he is turning it into something that it was not. The facts presented in my eyes, are telling me he is not being truthful. It’s causing a huge shit storm politically now. If it were to be true then whomever is responsible needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent but from what I have read and the evidence provided and lack of evidence, I think the story is BS.

5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Well the CPD is on the case, they'll get to the bottom of this!

6. Ninjastix

From what I've read police believe he was assaulted and are not treating him like anything other than a victim. The injuries he sustained seem substantial. I'm not sure what you're proposing.

Because he's a nigger he needs to give the police his cell phone? Or because he's a faggot he needs to give the police his cell phone? Or is it that you just empathize more with the joy of assaulting someone at a Subway restaurant?

I wouldn't want to typecast you.

7. MongoloidByChoke

I don’t think he needs to give anyone his cell phone and I don’t think hia race or his sexual preference has anything to do with my opinion. My point is there has been little to no proof that the assault was do to with his race or sexual preference. He said it was a hate crime, where is the proof of any of this. Was he assaulted? He says he was so there should be no reason not to believe him. I want to see the proof of it being racially motivated. The PD has found no evidence of the assault. From everything I have read that whole area has cameras everywhere. There is zero evidence, of this as of now. They have two people on camera walking down the street and they are persons of interest. Not suspects but the police are interested in speaking to them to see if there was involvement or they may have seen anything.
    Also I was under the impression the only injury he sustained was under his eye. Other than that there was nothing else. He said he had broken ribs which they said after was not the case.

8. Ninjastix

I guess that's where I'm confused. So it's whether or not it's actually a hate crime that you object to?

9. MongoloidByChoke

What I’m saying is considering all the facts provided, what he said occurred and what the investigation has turned up, I’m not convinced it has happened the way he said it has. As a matter of fact I’m more apt to not believe much of his story at all other than the fact he was assaulted. Is it possible? Well of course but it sure sounds like to me there are some holes in this whole thing. That’s what I’m getting to. Anyone treated the way he has said he was is a disgrace. Anyone who hurts someone based on their sexual preference or race is disgusting and should be punished to the fullest. At this point I have a hard time believing almost everything is not politically motivated. If either side has an ability to spin something they will. Donald trump is a steaming pile of crap there is no doubt about that but it just seems strange to me considering the circumstance of all of this that it once again comes back to politics. I have a hard time believing much of anything anymore. One side constantly trying to shit on the other. The particulars to this incident don’t add up to me. I know you guys bust balls because of my profession but I don’t have a racist bone in my body. I believe everyone should be treated equal. I just have a hard time believing things anymore when the next day it turns into a political talking point on why this one or that one is responsible.

Dimson and Qball1974 like this.
  10. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

You can't click on anything anymore without it being political,

it's very disturbing IMO.

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I’m confused by the underlying message of some of these posts. Is it some kind of subtle defense of Trump because he hasn’t brought back open segregation?

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you. When I first read this I didn’t believe the evidence support what he said. I am not saying he wasn’t attacked but I don’t know if I believe it was a hate crime nor do I believe they put rope around his neck.

My trouble is that these two guys walking around with masks on carrying rope. With all the cameras they didn’t catch anything but 2 people walking. Also those people just happened to find a black gay actor. The entire maga and rope thing scenario plays right into trump haters fears. And no I don’t support trump in anyway.

Not to mention didn’t it say he didn’t report it until he got home then another 40 min later and his manager called.

Like I said I’m not saying he wasn’t attacked but I’m not sure it was a hate crime, maybe a straight up mugging.

13. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

14. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

15. MongoloidByChoke

Yes the images are of the two people walking down the street. They are persons of interest, not suspects at all, I already mentioned that. I don’t see why they would demand his phone really if he is saying he is a victim, I believe they did ask him for it and he declined to give it to them.l but did not refuse to give them phone records. Which does not mean you are necessarily guilty of doing anything. Unless of course you are tom brady then of course it makes you guilty.

16. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

[​IMG]

17. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

His story is definitely sketchy but it’s one of those things you don’t want to say he’s lying just in case he’s not because it would be a shitty thing to go through

18. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Sadly we live in a time where people will do anything for publicity, and we live in a time where people will beat, rob, rape and kill without real motive.
    But saying he is lying is something people are scared to say. As I said I don’t believe his entire story but do think he was attacked, just not to the extent he is claiming.

The stuff he has said just doesn’t fully add up. Maybe it’s because I’m new with being in the criminal justice system, I just have a hard time believing people when evidence isn’t there to support it.

Dimson likes this.
  19. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

What's tough is when someone believes something specific happened to them, reports it as true, when they themselves are mistaken.

Not saying that's what's happening here, but I'm just sayin' for the sake of passing a couple of seconds of my day along.

20. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor