Junior Santos *Spoiler

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by gogoplata, Oct 26, 2008.

1. gogoplata

gogoplata New Member

Holy shit that knockout of Werdum was epic! I could see him KOing brock if he could put some weigh on. Whats everybody think?

2. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I think Boredum fought a dumb fight and should have went for an immediate take down becasue Dos Santos had no chance on the ground. I think Boredum underestimated him and now he isn't getting his title shot that he was crying about. I couldn't be happier. I would like to see Dos Santos fight either Kongo to test his stand up or Carwin to tests his chin/ground game. But either way, I expect good fights from the Dos Santos. And right now I think brock would crush him, but then again we didn't get to see his TD offence either due to Boredum's horrible game plan.

3. Quintessential Studmuffin

Quintessential Studmuffin DOESN'T WANT BJS BELT

I'm still sooo letdown Werdum got beat like that.

But Dos Santos seems legit. Not sure if he could KO Brock or some of the other top HW's, but he proved last night he could give most of them one hell of a fight, although we have yet to see what he's got in terms of wrestling, jj, and cardio. I'd like to see him fight Gonzaga next. I think it'd be a war.

Oh, and Dimson, neg'd for the "Boredum" shit.

4. Dimson

That is another good match up I would like to see. Or maybe Mir if he loses to Nog. Would be an easy fight to sell. Fight the protege of the guy who just beat you for the title.

Edit: Way to neg me for my oppinion. Well right back at ya. I am sorry but I still can't get the AA fight out of my mind, that was the most painful fight I have ever have had to sit through. I am overly happy Boredum lost.

5. Lilp

Lilp Returning Video Tapes

Lets be real guys, werdum was 20 pounds overweight and looked to very sloppy. I just think he didnt even take this guy seriously. I mean he didnt even try to get it to the ground and Dos Santos is know for his MT. Really other than Alves beating Kos this made my night, while i respect Werdums skills I just think he comes off as very arrogant so i was glad to see him get Ko'd

6. Dimson

All I got to say is that Karma is a bitch.

7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

its one thing to say that you think a fighter is boring, but calling him "Boredum" over and over again and showing a total lack of respect to a guy who is one of the best heavyweights in the world is kinda shitty. yeah, the arlovski fight was shit but that was mostly arlovski's fault, but Werdum's 2 fights since then were really entertaining, KOing Gonzaga and stopping Vera. i'm not going to neg you because you're a good enough poster to give you the benefit of the doubt on something like this, but there was some pretty unnecessary fighter bashing going on.

8. Dimson

It is not bashing because I think he is a boring fighter. Yeah he did good against Gonzaga and Vera but it is still hard to erase really boring fights from my memory. I respect his skills but I am definitely glad he lost due to the fact he was bitching about getting a title shot.

9. Dimson

How is it bashing now? I have been calling him Boredum for a long time. So now that he loses and I say I am glad he lost that gets me a neg? Yeah that makes sense.

10. Lilp

Lilp Returning Video Tapes

dont forget about Soko lil Nog, Soko was a 13 to 1 underdog im still mad at myself to this day I didnt put money on that fight

11. thebwit

thebwit Guest

It's the first time I have seen you call him Boredum and as I said, I think it is fighter bashing. I thought Sherk/Griffin was going to be a boring fight. I even said so in my predictions. But never would I call either one of them a name over it. I may not like either of them, and think that their style is boring, but it is a comment on their style, not them personally. Calling Werdum Boredum isn't as bad as calling say Jens Pulver a Honkey Cracker, but fighter bashing is fighter bashing.

12. Quintessential Studmuffin

Can you supply some of this footage of him bitching so much?

He said he was hoping to get a title shot after the Santos fight. A shot IMO he deserved to have over a guy like Brock prior to last night.

And even if he was bitching, so the fuck what? If I took the former champ the distance, beat two tough HW's in the top ten or near it, then a dude thats 2-1 overall gets a shot over me I'd be frustrated too.

13. Dimson

Eh I don't see it that way but to each his own. And actually calling Jens a honkey craccker would be racial stereotyping and is in no way fighter bashing. But then I would never say that because it would just be stupid. It has nothing to do with his actual fights. I am just glad Werdum is not getting the next title shot. I think it will be Cain once he gets his knee fixed and if not then I see Carwin getting a shot.

14. Dimson

Well he had a chance to show he truely deserved his shot and he couldn't even beat a guy who was a huge underdog and making his UFC debut. I can't help he came in with a horrble gameplan against a guy he clearly under estimated.

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

not to mention he JUST signed a new contract that stipulates his next fight would be for the title after santos.

16. Dimson

Yes and that makes his loss that much more ironic. He finally gets his title shot promised in his contract and he goes out and gets KTFO.

17. Quintessential Studmuffin

Right. You can't help that. But you can help yourself by refraining from making douchebag comments and fighter bashing.

18. William Munny

William Munny Well-Known Member

I would like to see Santos v. Sanchez next. Maybe Hardok (sp?).

I don't think we can tell much about him from this fight. Werdum looked to be in worse shape then I am; and the fight didn't last long. I want to see Junior's gas tank, his chin, his ground game, etc.

19. Dimson

I agree. I think he needs to take on one fo the top up and coming guys like either Cain or Carwin or one of the purer strikers in the division in Kongo or Hardonk. Then again you always have Herring who has been a good measuring stick for up and coming HWs.

20. Severn

Severn Master of the Iron Claw

I'm very let down by Werdum. He didn't look great at the weigh-in's and that should have raised a few eye brows there. Sucks for him because had he won he would have had a shot in 2009. Dos Santo's looked great. A product of a great camp. I don't think this makes him top ten with this win but it does make the division interesting.