Josh Koscheck signs with Bellator

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

I was surprised to read this article with Kos talking shit on the UFC. Kos always seemed like a company man and it seemed him and the UFC had a good relationship going. This is a bad mark for the UFC.

Sniggles likes this.
  2. Sydman

Sydman Active Member

Almost seemed like Kos was destined to be an analyst or fill in commentator. Definitly had the look of a company man. Surprising to say the least that he is making them look bad now.

3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

There was a time when I thought Kos could be a UFC champion.

Remember when he was just a wrestler. Then he developed a little striking, was almost well rounded.
    He never quite made it to the top.

Hope he does well in Bellator

4. Sydman

Sydman Active Member

Always pulled for Kos. Met him at a wrestling camp in Edinboro PA before he was on TUF. Was a really cool dude. I remember the 2nd fight with Georges. I was amped up thinking Kos was gonna take him down for 5 rounds and walk out champ. Then he got his soul taken and hasnt been the same since.

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I'm a big fan of Koscheck the fighter. Loved watching him go from a boring wrestler to brutal knockout artist. He's an idiot, but I loved watching him fight. Now, I think he's hurting himself every time he steps in the cage.

6. ProSpecLive

ProSpecLive Active Member

Not surprised at all to see him turn on the UFC; this guy has always been about what have you done for me lately, never took a loss well, always came off as disingenuous to me. Kind of guy, that when it doesn't go his way; breaks to the other side and flips on a dime, because he thinks he's special. Bellator will still treat him relatively new and shiny, he had his time being the UFC's boy; should have saved his money, been content with his career and got himself a contract with FOX. I hope Semtex puts him to sleep; never tire of watching Kos' eyes roll in the back of his head... but it's still not worth watching Bellator for.

chuckthechamp and Poindexter like this.
  7. Initial_ZEN

Initial_ZEN Active Member

I've had some shitty jobs in the past. Sure I benefited from them, but it doesn't mean they weren't a shitty place. I don't owe them dick anymore and I sure as hell won't lie about how I feel about them now. Same with Koscheck, the ufc was benefiting off his ass, but that has never stopped Dana from talking shit about his employees. I hate Koshcheck, but his advice is pretty good. Fighters should fight out their contracts and see if the ufc's contracts really holds up to the market now. Don't complain while you are under contract, you will just end up fucking yourself like fitch and nate. Fight your remaining fights and make a move then.

8. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

You'd think he would evolve beyond the wrestler with the overhand rights. You can tell when a fighter starts coasting in his development so easily.

ProSpecLive likes this.
  9. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

what exactly did he prove again?

10. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

That is what I meant indeed. After GSP, he never bothered to evolve. Some evolve after losses and others stagnate.

11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Kos was a helluva fighter. Just because GSP beat everyone, doesn't mean that every welterweight during that six years was a gatekeeper. Koscheck beat almost everyone in the division and looked better every fight. Now, I think he's too far gone to compete with the best or the almost best, but he had a great run.

12. Peezy

Peezy Voice of the people

That he could be a State Champion and NCAA Champion as a wrestler then transform himself into a Top 10 Welterweight MMA fighter and fight for a title. Still fighting now into his late 30's with eroding skills won't add anything to his accomplishments.

13. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

I had Pierce beating him as well but I also Kos beating Hendricks. All three matchups between those three super close.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

You just described several former UFC champions.

ProSpecLive likes this.
  15. Initial_ZEN

Initial_ZEN Active Member

I don't necessarily think it is coasting on talent. It's just that fighters can only reach a certain point before they can't get any better. Some are restricted by their coaches, some by injuries, and sometimes it's just age or years of beating up their bodies.

16. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

+

17. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Well, there is alot more to the striking game then that. You see the wrestlers with a power hand but they can't land it often. Then they learn to jab. They learn feintd. Footwork. Etc. But there have been many fighters that stop evolving and coast. This is what I mean. Instead of getting better they look the same as the last fight.

Kos was that way at many points. He showed flashes of new kickboxing and boxing. After GSP II, his soul was taken and he just relied on the wrestle and right hand. That is what I meant by the coast vs. evolve comment.

Those former champions were in the older generation. The new breed is far more well rounded.

PS Some of my posts are short bc they are on my cell.

18. Poindexter

Yes, and the important distinction about Koscheck is that he stopped evolving before he could capture the belt. And since then he's been finished four straight, and looks awkward as hell when starts to experience any adversity—especially the last couple fights. He's the new Filho.

19. Noise

Noise Ruido

Didn't Filho fall off because, like, he had that whole midlife existential crisis meets debilitating depression thing going on?

I've no-shit been wondering about Paulo - Like, how he's been doing. I wish there were some recent, translated interview with him.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 2, 2015, ---
    It was surreal watching his downward spiral.

...Still like his veni vedi vici neck tat, :ghost:.

chuckthechamp and Poindexter like this.
  20. Poindexter

He recently made some comments about Jones saying that they had the same problem and that Jones would eventually go back to Aunt Nora.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 26, 2015, ---
    [​IMG]

Noise likes this.