1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Jon Jones Versus Anderson Silva

Discussion in 'MMA DREAM MATCHES' started by ATJ-Lucko, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Who takes it?

1. Bones

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Spider

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Your saying you need to be an inside fighter to beat a guy with long reach?

2. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

No. I'm simply saying one needs to get on the inside to beat a fighter with an extremly long reach such as Bones'

There are some fighters that can fight on the inside just as well as the outside but Silva doesnt strike me as that type of fighter. He's never done it because he's never had to and I'm not banking on him being able to switch up his style so late in his career.

Also, Silva isnt getting any younger and I think his age has been showing a little in his last few fights. JMO

3. Afro

You do know there is more striking styles than inside and outside fighting right?

and how the hell did his "age" show in the Belfort fight? and you just went on this rant about people making excuses but yet here you are doing the same.

4. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

So, are you saying Silva was not inside when he was kneeing Franklins nose into his skull?

5. slikguy

slikguy Damn!

i think at this stage silva would take it but that's not to say JJ would have 0% chance of winning. if silva can keep it standing then he will eventually catch JJ.

Come to think of it..... Prime Chuck Liddell ie when he could take a punch would have a great chance against JJ.

6. Harlem Hustler

7. Afro

You noticed in the fight where he danced around for 5 rounds that he was losing his step? god damn you get dumber and dumber with each post..

and the fact that you have to ask that question means that you have no idea that there is more fighting styles. Way to go.

8. Harlem Hustler

9. Kettlebell

Kettlebell New Member

Jones all day - his wrestling means Anderson goes on his back whenever he feels like putting him there, and his GnP would absolutely decimate him...Silva's only chance would be to KO him on the takedown or submit him from the bottom, neither of which I see happening.

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

ohhhhhhh really now

11. Problematique

Problematique Silver for monsters, steel for humans.

12. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Jones is something special IMO. I have liked him since he has been in the UFC and with each fight he imprezzzzes me. I thought he would have trouble with Shogun but he took care of him with ease. I can not remember anyone beating him up like that. Jones IMO wins this, I think he really proved something to me at 128. He showed me he had what it took to win against the best. Anderson would not be able to take Bones down, and I do not think he will be able to hurt Bones. Bones does an excellent job utilizing his reach advantage. He nulified shoguns whole game plan because of this. Shogun was very worried about throwing his kicks and for obvious reason, the takedown. Shogun in a BB in BJJ and he good. Jones had no issue with that. I think if this fight were to happen Anderson would stand with Bones and eventuallly get frustrated with the reach advantage. He would be brought to the ground and the fight would be stopped via GnP.

I am not taking anything away from Anderson at all. The man is a legend in the sport and is the best lbs for lbs guy out there. I just think we are seeing something special with Bones, I have a feeling this guy could be one of the most dominating fighters we have seen. His skill's are always improving and no one can figure him out. We shall see what the future holds. I do not see him losing this belt.

13. Afro

Jones had some issues early with Shogun on the ground nothing too big though but Shogun had some success getting back to his feet early before Jones wore him down.

I still think even with the reach Anderson moves way too well on the feet for Jones to strike with him and why risk Anderson ducking under your jab and countering when you can just take him down

I am curious though, although Shogun has a better ground game than Anderson.. Anderson has longer limbs he might be more effective with his Jits against Jones than Shogun was.

14. mark

mark dumb dumb

I think it would come down to cardio for Jones. If he can last 5 hard rounds, I don't see him losing. This is the best fight the UFC can put together right now imo. I give rounds 1-3 to Jones and 4 and 5 to Silva.

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member