1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Jon Jones Versus Anderson Silva

Discussion in 'MMA DREAM MATCHES' started by ATJ-Lucko, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Who takes it?

1. Bones

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Spider

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

Who takes it?

2. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Silva. Let's not get carried away now damn it.

There's Anderson Silva, and then there's everyone else, and that's just how it is.

Don't make a nigga go Neo on another nigga.

3. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

[​IMG]

4. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Lorenzo is getting carried away. Anderson would ruin Jones right now.

Hell Anderson ruins everyone right now. That guy is a fucking monster. That motherfucker invented beast mode.

Jones has a pretty good chance, but the second he decides to stand , is the last thing he decides before his lights go out. Anderson will find that chin.

5. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

SO now what the GSP/Silva fight may be off??

6. RF76

RF76 beach bum

Silva fo a nigga.

7. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I honestly think Jones would take it. Silva would definitely beat him standing, but, it wouldn't be standing for very long.

8. groundgame

groundgame New Member

They don't want Silva to ruin their golden boy.

9. marco47

marco47 Well-Known Member

i'd say Silva for now. Jones is something special though.

10. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

I have Jones.

Chael took Silva down at will. He was able to avoid the striking for almost 5 straight rounds. Difference is, Jones has better striking, and better ground and pound than Sonnen and can do more damage. Jones is a couple inches taller than Silva, and would have an incredible reach advantage. Let's not forget who Jones just absolutely dominated. I think Jones can do enough to take this one.

This fight is one of the worst possible fights for me, only because they are both 2 of my favourite fighters.

11. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

GSP vs. Anderson is never going to happen.

That's because of Jake Shields.

I'd like to see Anderson fight Jones, and I think that Jones would win.

Then I'd like to see Jake move up and fight Anderson at 185 for the belt.

Which, Also, I think Anderson Loses.

12. sodium_nitrate

sodium_nitrate stay thirsty my friends.

Jones can and likely would win this fight if it were to happen. The scary thing is that Silva is in his prime right now and Jones hasn't even reached his full potential right now. He's decimating all of his opponents with the kind of viciousness that Anderson hasn't displayed in half of his fights. Straight up, jones should be fighting up a weight class. A true dream fight would be Jones vs Velazquez or Jones vs Overeem in 2012.

13. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Does Jon Jones have more Raw Fighting Talent than BJ Penn?

kc56 likes this.
  14. groundgame

groundgame New Member

No way in hell Shields beats Anderson. he couldn't get close enough to. SShields would lose that fight badly.

15. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I think hes more physically giften than anything else I wouldn't say he has more fighting talent just yet

16. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I told KC Jones last night but after having time to reconsider, I gotta go with Anderson for now.

17. Peno

Peno All will fall

Anderson. We've seen him in bad positions, get tagged, come from behind to win, all that. There are NO what ifs when it comes to Andersons fighting ability. Anderson WILL put hands on Jones. All that flashy shit Jones does Anderson can do too. Jones is the flavor of the week right now but lets not get carried away... and Silva has Seagal in his corner teaching him ancient martial arts secrets that work (ask Vitor).

18. sodium_nitrate

sodium_nitrate stay thirsty my friends.

yeah, but jones has 50cent teaching him some of his wu-tang street thug style, so it's kind of a wash.

19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

nope. anderson owns.

20. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

All of yall are fucking crazy lol. How can yall watch MMA/boxing for so long and learn nothing?

Bones Height, reach, and strength is wayyy too much of an advantage over Silva. Silva has better striking but he wont be able to hit Jones flush because he wont be able to reach his chin before getting tombstoned into the canvas and beat on.

There is no way Silva avoids Bones TDs and I dont think he will be all that effective standing anyway because Silva is not a inside fighter. He uses distance and reach to out stike his opponents. It's jut a bad matchup for Silva IMO.

To beat Jones standing, it will take a Mike Tyson type of slugger that uses alot of headmovement and has a huge overhand right.