1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Jon Jones Tests Positive for Steroids after UFC 214, Title Stripped

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

Except, steroids allows for better gains and recovery. His natural athletic ability is a giant question mark. Regardless of that, athleticism doesn't win fights. Mindset does. And it's very clear that Jones is mentally weak.

Jones is a farce. Accept it.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 10, 2017, ---
    All the same, Fedor has never tested positive. You can't just not give everyone the benefit of the doubt because PRIDE was juice city. That's absurd. It's not hard to say for sure.

Qball1974 likes this.
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

3. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Lmao!

4. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Active Member

I don't think it's any more absurd than saying that you know Jones couldn't have won fights or titles without steroids. And that you know he was doing them his whole career; especially since prior to his suspensions he was a notorious slacker who only showed up in time for camp. Seems like the steroids only time with when he started getting serious about the gym.

5. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

I am not saying he could have rose to the top with PEDs. I am saying he rose top above plenty of other fighters that were also taking PEDs and on a level playing field. If Jones isn't talented why did he do so much better than all the other PED users?

6. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

You cannot explain the type of athleticism Jones has showcase on steroids. You cannot take steroids and become a freak athlete. Jones is tall, long, and adept at using his range, Greco-Roman wrestling, and improvised striking. Steroids don't improve your chin either and Jones has taken clean shots from top tier talent.

You want to debate his character be my guest. Debating his athleticism or how he's been able to leverage his physical gifts is not a debate. Mentally weak people don't grind out wins and championships. They quit. They don't go five rounds. Jones is going to justify anything he does visa vi his narcissism, that make he's made clear. He's still a once in a generation talent and one of the best fighters to do it in a sport that is pretty fucking far from clean.

Anyone spouting otherwise has an agenda. Jones is a scumbag. He's also ultra talented and will destroy your favorite fighter.

0mega1, kc56 and sourdough like this.
  7. Qball1974

If all these "GREAT" athletes are so awesome and can win no matter what,

Why they even taking PEDs?

8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Because at the end of the day it's competition with careers, fame, and fortune on the line. If you can take a substance that'll improve your recovery time, your muscle growth and retention, and possibly your reaction time you may take the risk to jeopardize all of the above for a sport where winning is only half the battle. In the UFC remember you gotta look and act the part.

None of that is an excuse. But it helps color the reason behind why people look for a competitive advantage which athletes have done since there were athletics.

If a loser works harder, twice as hard as a more talented winner... which do you celebrate? You live in a culture that rewards honesty? Fairness? High character? Sportsmanship?

Again, and I can't stress this enough especially as someone who has taken an ass whopping for being a whistle blower and "doing the right thing", I'm not condoning doping... but I understand why people do it. Just like I understand people cheat on their taxes, lie under oath, commit insurance fraud, commit adultery, or do anything else you may consider less than ethical, hypocritical, or criminal.

The dark truth is that the risks are worth it based on what fans and society in general values. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't mean it can't change. Just means it's what people are willing to do given the circumstances. Before you pass judgement however consider what you might do in the same situation, given talent beyond your wildest dreams and access to people and resources you can only fantasize about. You may make suspect choices as well or maybe not. Maybe you'll be Mark Hunt about things....

How's life for Hunt these days btw?

9. Qball1974

The risks are worth it because they make it worth it,

Anyone can fuck up once.

Life time ban for the second offence will clean the shitters out.

Hunt has a right to be pissed.

And you're right our culture sucks, Just look at the news.

Yes I'd do the same if it set me up for life, so lets change that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  10. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

Except I never said he couldn't have won without roids. I said he didn't. Whether or not I think he could is irrelevant to the reality that he did not.

Some of you seem to be going off of the idea that, "Jon showed X, Y, Z so Jon didn't need the steroids so...", but the fact that Jon took steroids shows that he DID need them. That he did not believe in his natural abilities to get where he needed to get.

A big part of X Y Z doesn't exist without the cheating he did. He got caught more than once. He's a cheater. You can go on about what you think is or isn't without steroids, but it all does not matter.

Guess what? Looks like Anderson Silva just got popped again. I firmly believed Anderson was a clean fighter who made a bad decision, but it seems to me like it's repeated behavior if it ends up being true. Unfortunately, this taints everything Anderson ever did.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 10, 2017, ---
    ^ "If you debate the success of steroid user, you must just be a hater."

Yeah. That's my agenda. Not giving credit where credit isn't due.

Qball1974 likes this.
  11. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

12. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Colby Covington?

Sakara=Excitement and Spoon like this.
  13. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Someone who needs to develop his own shtick and stay in his own lane.

14. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Someone who desperately needs attention from someone....anyone.

He's biting off Chael who bites off old wrestling shtick. That's how sad Colby is.

Poindexter, Malevolence and 0mega1 like this.