1. Imagination has a great deal to do with winning. Discuss: "UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs Edwards" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims: UFC Fight Pass/ESPN, 6:00 p.m. ET. Main card: ESPN, 9 p.m. ET.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs. Edwards.
Dismiss Notice
There are few die well that die in a battle. Get your picks in now: Official 2019 Annual Pick 'Ems Challenge - ESPN 4: dos Anjos vs. Edwards.

Jon “Bones” Jones in trouble again...

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Spoon, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

http://krqe.com/2016/02/07/jon-bones-jones-in-trouble-again-accused-of-driving-without-a-license/

Probation violation? Oh no wait, it's Jon Jones.

2. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

LMFAO! Should have seen this coming. Hope he does some decent jail time now.

3. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Jackass

4. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL

It was very brave of him.

5. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

He just never lets up lol.

6. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

7. nbm02ss

nbm02ss Well-Known Member

After reading a couple articles about it, it doesn't seem as bad as it's being made out to be. He just didn't have documentation on him at the time.

jokerthief and sourdough like this.
  8. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Survival Pool Champion Site Donor

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/rep-jon-jones-was-speeding-is-fully-licensed-and-insured

9. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

Almost anywhere you are, driving without a license is most of the time just a citation or "civil offense" and not a criminal charge. If this had happened during the 6 month suspension of his license he pled to in 2012 for the DUI it would make it criminal and a probation violation.

Edit: I do know that in Oregon however habitual repeat offenses of the same civil offense can get it escalated to a criminal charge. But I think it has to be like 8 driving while suspended tickets in Oregon.

10. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Well yes, if we compare it to all the shit he has done in the past, ¨only¨ driving without license is not as bad.

11. orion_damage

orion_damage Well-Known Member

Guys it's Monday, everyone knows that not a fuck is given on this day.

12. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

This isn't going to end up getting him pulled from the fight and they're already it's probably not a probation violation etc, but it's a dumb move. I mean, when you look at easily avoidable mistakes and exercises in poor decision-making, this one feels like something he should've been able to thoughtfully sidestep. If I'm ZUFFA, I almost plant a fucking company 24/7 driver at Jones' disposal at all times just to mitigate any potential whoopsies that he might find himself in.

MIZjitzZOU and 0mega1 like this.
  14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Looks like they won't go after a probation violation

15. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

What the fuck is Jones doing driving himself around anyways? Doesn't he have some useless hang around friend who can do all his driving? He also needs someone else to manage his Twitter. ZUFFA needs to pay a guy to be Jones' 24/7 "Don't fuck up" coach.

Pashak likes this.
  16. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

or compare it to anything anyone has ever done at all... driving without a license is absolutely nothing; not even a misdemeanor.

17. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

It is still against the rules though.

How much of a fine is it in the USA for driving without a license?
    In Mexico it is about 90 dollars

18. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the state. Here in CA it used to be a "fix it" ticket; meaning you just go to the police station with the citation and show em your license then the ticket gets dropped. Not sure if that is still the case as its been about 10 years since i got that particular citation.

19. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Lol I'm not defending or saying anything he does it right. What I find funny is so many people would be drooling at the chance to say how shitty it is for someone to be charged with one thing or another and the police suck yadda yadda. When it's someone they don't like though, ohhhhh now that's a totally different story.

20. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Fucking Jon Jones.