Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

Joker - Final Trailer

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by thumper, Aug 28, 2019.

1. thumper

thumper Picogrammar Staff Member

Since I've never seen any of the Batman movies I have no clue how this relates, but this looks like a fun movie to me, and I cannot stand Joaquin Phoenix

is this the same Joker?

Poindexter likes this.
  2. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

It is the Joker from Batman but it isn't related to any other films. It's a stand alone film.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

I like him.

Trodden likes this.
  4. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Same joker, but this is designed to stand on its own. So you don’t need to know anything about it.

5. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

The best thing the guy who wrote and directs this movie ever made was the hangover. This dude sucks. I'm hoping that he found a muse and this is his opus. Trailers look amazing but I have always been wary of any kind of joker origin story. Looks like V for vendetta with the joker as V.

Also, this joker has to be separate from all other jokers right? Like this is totally not heath ledger's joker. Bruce Wayne is like 8 here and joker is already old.

6. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

The thing about the Joker origin story is that you need Batman. He was the reason he became the Joker.

disposableassassin likes this.
  7. disposableassassin

I swear if at the end of this movie a guy in a clown mask shoots Thomas and Martha I'm going to throw my shoe at the screen.

Dimson and Trodden like this.
  8. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

You’ve seriously never seen any Batman movie? Not one?

9. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I think it has a good chance of being watchable

10. disposableassassin

I'm concerned that it is a Todd Phillips movie. I am truly hoping it is good though.

Trodden likes this.
  11. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

it seems like it would be a better series, and could be as cheesy as an Oliver Stone film, but if it sucks itll at least be laughable

12. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I'm probably in the minority. But I'm too vocal. I could just give a fuck about The Joker. I don't see the appeal.. sans Batman. And it's not that I find Batman a super compelling character either, I don't. Bat-detective? Maybe. Bat-God? No.

I think what is compelling is the dynamic (gigity) between both Joker and Batman. Their relationship as it were is pretty fascinating in the hands of competent author or director. I would probably argue that it's the most compelling aspect of the Batman mythos and that it really hasn't been explored in film the way it ought of been by now.

It seems like this film might actually be better served if it had nothing to do with The Joker. It doesn't look (on trailer) like a studio product but that's what it is on concept. It's likely a non-canonical slice of a bigger story doled out to reinvigorate interest in the "brand". I feel comics put it on front street. You pay the woman on the corner. You don't get dressed up and go to the gala and grab ride share after dinner and drinks for her to turn around and ask for her fee. That's what these movies are.

13. thumper

The only superhero movies I've ever seen was the Superman back in the 80s with Christoper Reeves.

II did watch deadpool the first one. not the second. No avengers, highway to the galaxy (if that was one, i haven't seen it) or any others. I've avoided the entire superhero after that first batman, but I think if I started I'd get interested. What would be the very best to start with?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  14. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Probably the Nolan/Bale Batman trilogy.

15. thumper

So that's the The Dark Knight Trilogy, right.

Wait all those came out in one year, 2012 right? How did that happen or was it planned that way. if that's the case Dark Knight Rises would be 1st

16. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

They didn’t. They came out one at a time over probably 4-5 years. And it starts with Batman Begins, Dark Knight, then Dark Knight Rises. But I’d say that’s your best jumping on point if you want to dip your toes in the superhero waters

17. thumper

ok you're saying to watch batman begins first right?

Forgive me, I was in the ER again last night and still a little confused but I think I'm right

18. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Yup.

You good?

19. thumper

i'm getting there. I'll be OK

I'll watch Batman Begins today then. cool. then I'll follow the others. I hope I can get into it.

20. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Idk after watching this trailer I’m guessing we don’t see the joker until the final scene. Still going to watch it, just not sold anymore on it.