John Hackleman: "Liddell can't change his style"

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by BigBanda, Dec 24, 2008.

1. sheltech

sheltech New Member

Yeah , he was the ufc poster boy for quite a while , made in on Entourage
    with Drama and the gang ...

Maybe they should make BJ fight Fitch (sure... that could happen :eek:so:)
    or Alvez or somebody , but since it's a trans-divisional thing , I like them just doing it and getting it over with.
    We know BJ can handle , and maybe beat GSP , and people want to see it , and it will make a mountain of cash, so it's not hard to see why it's going down. It would be screwey if BJ lost but stayed at ww , beat Fitch, then lost to Koscheck ,and they still wanted to give him big fights . It would be like with Chuck .
    Hmm... (no, I don't have a point )

Logic or merit isn't always at the top of the list in them setting up fights
    so I'll settle for competitive and entertaining . Like Ortiz/Machida : mostly competitive and mostly not entertaining . (still no point )

2. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Yes, exactly... you are easily the biggest retard on this forum.

3. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I don't have a problem with BJ vs GSP,nor do I have a problem with Chuck getting the loser of Evans/Griffin. It just seems to me if you have a problem with one you should the other.

4. sheltech

sheltech New Member

I'm not actually retarded and you're probably not really a dickhead ,
    but who cares one way or the other?...

Like I said, I like the idea of just getting GSP/BJ 2 over with , without a lot
    of mucking around . It will be a good fight .

5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

obviously there's no way of saying for sure, but he was destroying hughes in that fight. i understand there was three rounds left and anything can happen, but if penn didn't fuck up his rib, i would bet the farm that he would have finished hughes in the next round. what could hughes have done? knocked him out? submit him? nope. that fight probably proved to hughes that prayers are answered, cause he was on his to being executed.

when randy got his title shot, there was really no contender at the time. vera was the #1, but he was in contract limbo so there was no fight for the champ. the rumor of gonzaga taking on tim came out and everyone went ape shit over how that was a bullshit fight, so they signed randy to come back and fight tim. cro cop would have been a good choice, but he was already booked to fight sanchez a month before.

bj's done plenty to earn his shot. he completely dismantled sherk and stevenson and he's really the only guy to ever look competitive against GSP with the exception of the first serra fight. also, its a guy who's the clear #1 in his division taking on a guy who's the clear #1 in his division. fights like that make sense. if GSP beats BJ and Alves are you gonna say he hasn't done anything to deserve a fight against Anderson Silva? i certainly hope not.

6. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

BJ's gas tank was empty regardless.
    Hughes would've won the last 3 rounds imo anyway.

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

8. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

I was reading this article as if it was new. I was like, makes sense to train somewhere else...then I see 2008 :rofl:

Poindexter, AnchorPunch and Qball1974 like this.
  9. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Fast forward ten years :)

10. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Yes, I was right even then. Conor vs Khabib, DC vs Brock, Woodley vs Till, Diaz vs Dustin all should not happen if they were to go by 100% contentions and rankings, but fuck it. I'd rather watch these fights then what they should be.

Qball1974 likes this.