1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

John Hackleman: "Liddell can't change his style"

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by BigBanda, Dec 24, 2008.

1. BigBanda

BigBanda You Do Not Even Realize!

Source: CBS's, Tom Leykis Show

John Hackleman previously stopped by again by the CBS Syndicated, Tom Leykis show and dropped by and gave a few quotes, and said that The Pit is and has been growing and said that next year will be a great year for everyone associated with us.

2. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

WTF Chuck in no way shape or form deserves a shot at the loser of Griffin/Evans. Fuck that, I'm getting sick and tired of Chuck thinking he can just step in and fight whoever the fuck he wants. That fight makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Motherfucker needs to move his fat ass up the ladder before he gets another high profile fight like that.

3. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

i think hackleman might be a littel hurt by chucks move..cant balme the guy...

war iceman!!!!!

4. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

i agree. Chuck doesnt deserve a fight with Anderson, Jardine, or Evans. its pretty ridiculous. its good he doesnt want to fight cans, but hell i think after the way things have been going for him lately, he should have another "Vernon White" kind of fight IMO.

ahh what the hell, ill throw this out there...Chuck vs. Mark Munoz

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

There is nothing wrong with a fight against the loser. Both those match ups make sense as far as match making for fans go. Now if he said the winner. Then there would be issues.

6. TriangleSmoke

Chuck got ktfo by rashad, rampage, and lost to jardine. The fight makes no sense regardless of what the TUF fanboys want. There is absolutely no way to justify giving Chuck the loser.

A rematch with Jardine doesn't even make that much sense, but it makes more sense than Chuck fighting the loser. If Chuck gets the loser of Forrest/Rashad, that clearly shows Zuffa's bias towards Chuck.

7. Dimson

Oh I don't care who he gets as long as it is not the winner. I honestly would like his to fight Luis Cane. That would be a great fight.

8. TriangleSmoke

give him anyone as long as they aren't in the top 5. That's what I think.

9. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

There is no way in hell that Chuck deserves a fight with the loser. He just got completely KTFO by Rashad, so if Rashad loses, why would that be Chucks next fight? Since they want to put Bonnar on the main card so badly, make Chuck fight him. Who gives a shit what Chuck wants. When you win, you can get what you want. When you lose, you can't be asking to fight top 3 guys.

10. TriangleSmoke

Chuck vs Bonnar makes perfect sense at this point, but Zuffa won't let that fight happen with risk of Chuck losing imo. I'm thinking they feed Chuck someone like Houston Alexander.

If the UFC did make Chuck vs Bonnar, a win over Chuck would ultimately launch Bonnar right up there with Forrest and Rashad.

11. Severn

Severn Master of the Iron Claw

Chuck's needs to fight the loser of Thiago Silva vs. Lyoto Marchida. Regardless that's a tall order. His last KO was about two years ago. They're all tough and Chuck's finding that out.

And Chuck can change, fighters do change but Chuck needs to want to put the effort in.

12. BigBanda

BigBanda You Do Not Even Realize!

it's quite simple guys... he's "Chuck Liddell" lol

Same shit would go for other top draws like Brock. Do I agree with it?? ... no but what can you do? We really do not know who he is fighting next though.

13. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

How come no one is complaining about a fighter being 1-2 in a division and getting his 3rd title shot?

The UFC is going to continue to make match ups that makes the most sense business wise.

14. TriangleSmoke

u lost me

oh, maybe you're referring to bj penn? if that's the case, he's a top 5 p4p fighter so that's why no one's complaining, plus he's rematching a guy who many thought he beat the first time.

15. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Why would anyone complain about that? BJ Penn made a pretty strong case that hes the most worthy opponent.. considering no one at WW really deserves a title shot right now except Thiago Alves... plus everyone wants to see Champ vs Champ.. and BJ Penn vs GSP 2 even more so.. so maybe thats why no ones complaining.. cuz everyone in there right mind knows BJ is the best opponent for GSP right now.

16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

People are complaining about it... apparently some people want to fuck up the sport of MMA by turining it into college football as opposed to how it has been ran since conception, which is to produce the most entertaining competitive fights.

People who only look at Penn's WW record as 1 and 2 without taking into account how his two losses went down are just plain retarded when it comes to MMA.

Qball1974 likes this.
  17. sheltech

sheltech New Member

Right ... a less than 100% focused or in-shape shape BJ losing a close one to GSP and getting GnP'd by a top-form Hughes doesn't detract from my perception of him now , and having him do something silly like work through some other ww's before getting GSP again ?... super retarted !.

I loved the line "Chuck was really close to landing that uppercut " :eek:so:
    Yeah... he was really close to not getting Ko'd ... what an accomplishment
    Sorry if I''m not impressed by that :eek:so:

18. Dimson

Actually BJ lost to Huges because he fucked up one of his lungs. He could barely breath in their second fight. But yeah there are no shame in either one of those losses no matter how they went down.

19. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

first, this is a interview with hackelman...no where in that article does it say chuck said he wants the losser or forrest rashad...infact hackleman didnt even say that..he said tahts wat the "they" are thinking..so how your tierd of chuck thinking he can step up, i dont know since chuck never said taht..i dont get y the chuck hate..

i didnt here you complaining when tito got lyoto...shit lyoto has been the number 1 contender and tito hadnt beaten a top fighter in years..and tito always wants top fights...y dont you talk shit on that??

20. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I guess I just see things differently. I strongly believe BJ will win but he hasn't done anything to earn that WW shot. Let him fight someone in the top 5 first then get a title shot. What does how he lost his 2 fights have to do with it? One fight he hurt is ribs, but who's to say he would of won? The other fight he out struck GSP then couldn't stop a take down. I don't remember too many people complaining with Randy got a HW title shot without even fighting in that division for years.

Your right, BJ vs GSP is a fight everyone wants to see and will be an entertaining and competitive fight. But you can also apply that to Chuck. Him vs Rashad/Forrest would be an entertaining and competitive fight. Who really wouldn't want to see Chuck vs Forrest?

It's obvious Chuck is Dana's boy, and I just think people hold that against him.