1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

John Boehner Steps Down, Leaves Congress

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by cheeseflosser, Sep 25, 2015.

1. cheeseflosser

cheeseflosser Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/john-boehner-to-resign-from-congress.html?_r=0

Continued at link....

Thoughts?

Many are saying he's about to "fall on his sword" regarding the upcoming funding bill and Planned Parenthood.

2. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

--- Post Added -- Sep 25, 2015, ---
    Long thread but this is huge news, especially considering he is leaving now when he wanted to do so last year but couldn't because Cantor was ousted. It is funny how many so called conservatives claim Boehner isn't a fighter and wasn't conservative enough.

They actually cheered that their sitting Speaker of the House is resigning.

From what I am hearing/reading it looks as if Boehner is tired of all the infighting and unwillingness to compromise.

Trodden likes this.
  3. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

No more fake crying

4. cheeseflosser

Glenn Beck is still around.

5. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

well now he has more time to get skin cancer golden brown

6. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Don't need to fill that position. The country can start saving a lil $$$ right there.

Trodden likes this.
  7. cheeseflosser

That's a golfing SOB right there.

I would personally think the left-leaning individuals would see this as a potential negative. Boehner stood between the far right and them. He worked with Obama to his own detriment.

8. Ct_L33T

Many democrats expressed their support for him.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  9. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

he wasn't faking, you see him yesterday with the pope, the guy is a fucking wreck.

10. Ubermensch

Ubermensch I AM ALPHA

11. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

I say we give Edward Snowden the job

SickNasty likes this.
  12. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Snowden 2020 #stoplookingatmydickpics

Trodden likes this.
  13. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

Him leaving is all that holds back the floodgates of the Republican Party Tea Party section that has no intention of bargaining or compromise.

Politically it's historic that he is resigning & is also a sign of where the party is.
    He truly wanted to get the Grand Bargain done & due to the Tea Party bloc he just couldn't do it. He wanted to have a tenure similar to Newt, getting things done & making compromise that would boost his party into the main stream, but every step of the way his own party fought him, which was unfortunate.

This country was built on compromise, reached our greatest Era of economic (including all classes) prosperity through bargaining, & will only find those heights again through both compromise & bargaining.
    Hard to bargain with a group that holds a position of "If you don't do this we will drop this match in the filing room...oh by the way we have the fire extinguishers."

14. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

He is a devout Catholic. There are more compromising positions than to be crying in sight of your religious leader. You seem to be all peace, love and acceptance until it comes to people of the right spectrum. That shit is supposed to be unconditional if you are seeking to project an ounce of enlightenment which you clearly strive for. But when you are a blind liberal, it is only given upon the condition of people living correctly in your utopian terms.
    Kochs now have free reign to turn the GOP into the gong show that it has always desired to be. Jesus hates the queers, women belong in the kitchen or behind a secretary's desk, gays should keep out of sight, plebs make only $4 dollars an hour minimum wage, abortion only for illegals and coloured folk, and unwanted babies not being helped by social security.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Peezy likes this.
  15. cheeseflosser

Agree with a lot but there are equally retarded and unwavering imbeciles on the left and right who hope to take the rest of us into their dystopian fucking reality.
    I heard a great quote from an odd source today:

If boehner and Obama respected the Constitution as much as they say they do the institution, the world would have been far better for it.

Interestingly enough, it was Dana loesch.

16. Peezy

Peezy Voice of the people

He was an establishment politician that straddled the fence to stay in power. I'd like to see someone who will rattle some cages take over that spot. A Ted Cruz type that is willing to make a strong stand on principals.

17. Ct_L33T

So you would like somebody, who is completely unwilling to negotiate, to take charge of a position that exists for the sole purpose of negotiation? Stop it.

18. cheeseflosser

I do not want to be held hostage by social issues that were settled decades ago. Legislate what matters.

Wanna fight about immigration, fine. Wanna fight about social security, fine. Wanna fight about medicare/medicaid, fine. Unemployment? OK. Abortion? What the fuck? Gay marriage? Seriously. I give zero fucks.

Hassquatch, Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

was i incorrect saying the guy was a wreck? I was responding to what Ct_L33T said about him fake crying, he wasn't faking the guy is very emotional.
    I am very liberal but i also have very little sympathy for people who lack sympathy themselves.

I also can't relate, i have never and would never worship a man so much so that i would cry upon meeting him. I always lacked faith and devotion. I don't know what its like to blindly worship someone.

20. cheeseflosser

I'm going to be pretty horrible here but.....what the fuck, it is what it is:

You lack rational thought and an ability to see rational thought when explained. You speak in polarized talking points. You are an agenda regurgitating Teddy Ruxpin. You cite sympathy yet fail to see exactly that. You judge others harshly for being judgmental then immediately step forward to judge anyone you disagree with.

That's what Sniggles meant. He was hoping you would see that your "stance" is bullshit and not rooted in reality. However, as the first sentence in the above paragraph pointed out, you missed the point.

For the record, I don't have any ill will here with you. I just absolutely HATE mindless regurgitation.

Of course, it could all be a façade you put on as part of your internet character and I truly hope that's the case.

Poindexter likes this.