Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants Weili Zhang title fight in 60,000-seater stadium in Poland

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by S=E, Oct 14, 2019.

1. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants Weili Zhang title fight in 60,000-seater stadium in Poland

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I love when challengers try to dictate where or when they want it to happen.

You are the challenger you got the title shot now shut up and just wait to see when an where.

thumper and Malevolence like this.
  3. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Yeah fucking right. They’re doing that shit in China. They could sell out the biggest fucking arena there without question.

4. thumper

thumper Picogrammar Staff Member

listen to her, she still thnks she's that unbeaten champ and deserves everything

1inthechamber likes this.
  5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Her language and demeanor were totally acceptable and respectful in the quotes above. What is this spin being put on her?

S=E and Miz like this.
  6. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Why would she not?
    --- Post Added -- Oct 15, 2019, ---
    “Let’s do it in the National Stadium for 60,000 people. Let’s wait for spring. I will heal my foot. Of course, Weili is the champ, it’s her decision but let’s make this happen. I’m ready. More than ready.
    So Joanna is saying what you are saying, and you are mad at her.

S=E and Miz like this.
  7. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

They call that The GSP treatment.

GayForGayG likes this.
  8. Afro

Not to mention Weili fought for Andrade's title, In China, as the challenger.

9. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

And Andrade won the title in Brazil as the challenger.

It's almost like the champs are more concerned with gate numbers than worrying about the challenger having a "home field advantage".

10. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I love when challengers try to dictate where or when they want it to happen.

You are the challenger, you got the title shot, now talk it up and just wait to see when and where they say it will happen.

If Joanna is getting the next shot then why not ask for it to be in her home country? She isn’t demanding it.

11. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I disliked how Joanna handled herself after the losses to Rose. She started sounding like Tito. The negative spin was really put on Joanna unfairly when the media decided to portray her as a bully and Rose as some beacon of purity after the first weigh ins. I still love watching Joanna fight but I do wish she had been more humble in defeat. At least after the second loss.

Kano likes this.
  12. Clark Kent

Not mad at her, just saying challengers should shut up until they win, then say whatever.

Too much Conor shit in ufc. You talk your way into whatever.

I don’t remember Weili asking for the shot in China.

and why shouldn’t jj keep acting like she’s the unbeaten champ, well because she got knocked out, then dominated by Valentina, and lost to rose in a rematch. So she’s definitely not unbeaten and she’s definitely not the champ. She just sounds delusional when she comes across that way.

it’s also one thing if the challenger is a huge star and makes ufc money and can get away with asking for whatever. I still think it’s wrong, but I do understand the money aspect.

ufc will make more money imo selling out an arena in China.

13. Afro

Yeah but it looks like she was answering a question here, plus she was a former reigning champ, I think she can make a little request especially since her suggestion.

Also I just think like maybe we are pretending like it's not normal for a competing sports athlete to claim they are an unbeaten champ, it's just so common in sports, and a non-issue, and I just don't understand why anyone would care to the point of anger, and rage towards Joanna for it lol it just seems petty to me, and we know damn well she's just talking shit and not being delusional, for a fact lol. She also has a fan base, and fans that want to hear her confident so I just don't get attacking any athlete, especially combat, for putting themselves over.

Poindexter likes this.
  14. Clark Kent

idk man she might actually think she’s unbeaten and still the champ. There is something off about her, but I also think that’s what makes her so exciting to watch. She’s probably more then a little crazy.

not attacking her for what she said I just said she should sit back and wait for what happens.
    My statements about people talking were in general for all fighters.

I also don’t know about fighters that have lost saying they are unbeaten. It happens yeah but I think it’s not the normal. There’s a difference between saying your the greatest and pretending you have never lost.

Saying you have never been beaten or lost when you clearly have is not confidence it’s delusional. If you truly believe it then how can you make any progress in getting better.

thumper likes this.
  15. thumper

thumper Picogrammar Staff Member

come on man? demanding shit when you're 2-3 over he last 2 years? and that attitude.
    when she started that boogeywoman shit i disliked her a little. till her head blew up i was a big fan. then when she gave rose 100% props in the post fight presser, only to come back 2 weeks later with a pile of excuses i completely changed my mind
    i can understand thinking losing once as a fluke, but then rose came back and beat her in a 5 round fight. THAT is showing it's determined who's better.

Turning around and losing two fights later to Shevchenko proved she wasn't who she claimed (and thought) she was (and the fans)

not to mention she is a decision machine anyway (8 decisions 2 TKOs in the UFC), but i can't hold too much weight there. those paperweight divisions don't have much power.

16. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

17. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Turned down Zhang 3 times and now she's making decisions on when and where she wants to fight. She's delusional af, not undefeated, and sure af not the queen of anything.

Zhang should worry about her division before talking about moving up. She just won the belt.

Hilarious how she claims Chinese outlets want the fight in Poland. I highly doubt that.

thumper likes this.
  18. William Munny

William Munny Well-Known Member

She turned down Zhang three times and now they both have the opportunity to make three times as much money fighting now as opposed to in the past. Seems like a smart move

Afro and Poindexter like this.
  19. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

20. Afro

This guy gets it