Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on choking and all sex assault charges

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Sniggles, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on choking and all sex assault charges
    Impossible to have 'sufficient faith' in the reliability or sincerity of complainants, judge says
    By Mark Gollom, CBC News Posted: Mar 24, 2016 11:57 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 24, 2016 6:27 PM ET

"The twists and turns of the complainants' evidence in this trial illustrates the need to be vigilant" in order not fall into the assumption "that sexual assault complainants are always truthful," the judge said.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

You stoked?

3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

I like to see liars caught in their lies. So, yes.

--

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol. There was no rape.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 25, 2016, ---
    If you are really interested in my opinion, I will say that these women all had contact with him afterwards and expressed affection and interest rather than the revulsion they claimed. This means that they withdrew consent to the domination and sexual acts after the fact. Do women have this special right? No. "No means no" means at the time of the act. If they were truly nonplussed about the relationship, they should have acted then and there. Instead, they continued the relationship and did not speak out until significant amounts of time after the dalliance ended.

Five key points in the Jian Ghomeshi judge’s ruling
    Justice William B. Horkins's ruling included points on inconsistencies in witness testimony.

4. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

ghomeshi seems to be a all around scumbag, who knows what he did but best to go to the police right after the fact, not years later.

5. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Feminist reporters are rationalizing on overdrive. So basically, a woman has no responsibility at all for her actions? She had too many feelings and it is not up to her to think? Perhaps... I know this is hard to understand... She likes the domination and rough sex? She has said many times that she did in the precedings. So all of a sudden, she is allowed to change her mind years later in order to join forces to ruin his reputation to spite him for rejecting her at the end of the day? She liked being dominated and only after she was dumped did she decide that she felt used.

Come on. Grow a pair and see it for how it is.

Writing a love letter instead of a police report: why victims contact sex attackers
    Jian Ghomeshi’s accusers maintained contact with him after the alleged assaults – yet experts say sexual assault victims’ behavior is often misunderstood

Dude is a complete scumbag. He is a twisted little beta male who thought what he was doing was BDSM or being alpha. The guy was a feminist for years to win women's favour.

Reading through all of this is insanity. If being a woman is to lack all sort of pragmatism, it's really a handicap.

The woman is getting every excuse in the book for her behaviour. Does this society have to absolve women from all responsibility for their own well being, for all their actions?

Do I believe these women? No. There is absolutely no way that I believe their entire story.

Do I believe this was "rape" as the large crowd of 20 protesters said it was? No.

Really?

This is blatant sexism to absolve women of all responsibility.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

You can tell this is written by a woman.

---

Having said all that, do I think that this guy is a stand-up fellow? Fuck no. Would I ever undertake such a relationship completely based on this behaviour? No. Have I dated women that liked this type of relationship in the bedroom? Numerous, probably 2/3 asked to be spanked, slapped or degraded. I only did it when asked.

Now, I question whether or not I'd actually want to particpate in that kind of relationship if it takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to actually win a lawsuit against a jilted woman.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. ATJ-Lucko

the guy seems like he likes to control and hurt women when they didn't ask for it, i am in favor of whatever two consenting adults want to do together, shit and piss on each other, i don't care but it has to be consenting, looks like he didn't always like the consenting part.

7. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Do women have a right to withdraw consent years later?

I think that a few of these women were manipulated badly into consent. It is strange that they would return having barely known him and only know of his celebrity and status. It's not like these were years long abusive domestic violence relationships.

Lucy, in particular, has horrendous holes in her story. Wanting sex the next day. Saying she loves his hands in a love letter afterwards. Sending flowers. Come on. She is totally a disgruntled ex.

The others, not so sure about. the one 20 years younger seems to have been manipulated into the violent behaviour but did not come forward to anyone. Instead she just texted him the next day.

In these cases, I'd like to see some actual evidence put forth. It's all hearsay without communication logs or events.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  8. ATJ-Lucko

in the way you are talking about no, but you can be in a abusive relationship where your partner has raped you and not really recognize what the person has done to you until years after it is over.

9. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Come on, it's not like she is a 12 year old boy with a Catholic priest.

She's an adult. If a 300 lbs man named Bubba raped you, would you go to the park and cuddle with him the next day?

The violence is questionable in this case. The sex is not from what is public.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 26, 2016, ---
    "The case against Ghomeshi fell apart not because the system is rigged against victims, not because he had a clever defence lawyer... not because sexual assault victims are not believed. It fell apart because all three women grossly failed to tell the truth."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...for-justice/article29387850/?click=sf_globefb