Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

It looks like Nick Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal is gaining traction.

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by LebenTysonTank, Nov 15, 2019.

1. LebenTysonTank

LebenTysonTank Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20191115-220132_YouTube.jpg

I don't like to say I told you so...but...
    --- Post Added -- Nov 15, 2019, ---
    [​IMG]
    Chael Sonnen believes Jorge Masvidal vs. Nick Diaz is a ‘special’ fight we should all want
    [​IMG]
    Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
    Things have started to heat up between Nick Diaz and Jorge Masvidal following the completion of the “Baddest Motherf—ker” title fight earlier this month at UFC 244, in which “Gamebred” defeated Nate Diaz via third-round TKO (see it again HERE).

and winning the new “BMF title. Big brother Nick then chimed in and came to Nate’s defense, declaring himself the true “BMF” king in the process. Masvidal cut a funny video in response before asking if Nick knows who he’s calling out.

RELATED

Masvidal Would Love Nick Diaz Fight
    While Diaz hasn’t fought since taking on Anderson Silva at UFC 183 back in 2015, this little rivalry with Masvidal has started to gain some traction. If UFC were to reach out to Diaz and propose a battle with “Gamebred” and the opportunity to avenge Nate’s “BMF” loss, maybe the Stockton fighter will come back and give fight fans one final performance.

Despite being absent from the MMA spotlight for nearly five years, Diaz still commands a large following capable of bringing any of his fights to the next level. Just ask MMA commentator and former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen, who believes a Diaz vs. Masvidal grudge match would truly be something special.

2. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Oh Chael Sonnen said it’s a fight we should all want? It’s definitely happening now!

Palma and Poindexter like this.
  3. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Masvidal is such a cool dude. Instead of taking offense and responding with something as such like most fighters, he’s always just calm like a bomb and down for the cause. He gives respect to Nick while promoting him with the resurrection tag. Plus he knows he will be raking IN that $$$.

Man, please let this shit happen, ffs. Just make sure there isn’t a dr at this fight who’s in someone’s pocket. This is crazy if this happens. Whether or not Nick wins or loses, I will be thankful to Masvidal for pulling Nick outta hiatus and right after being a part of making the Nate fight happen and having Nate in the major spotlight again.

If this fight is made official, I am 100% going to this one as well. Let’s do this shit, UFC. Pay these motherfuckers.

helipoison likes this.
  4. Noise

Noise Ruido

I hope Nick likes learning how to read all over again.

Dimson likes this.
  5. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Sweet. Maybe we should keep making new threads about it.

disposableassassin likes this.
  6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

We will once Schaub gives his opinion I’m sure

Dimson likes this.
  7. LebenTysonTank

The last thread was "What's next for Nate Diaz?" So this is technically a whole new subject

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

You guys should fight about it.

Kevo likes this.
  9. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

You mean one guy get the shit kicked out of him and then his older, stupider brother will challenge him to a fight. The BMFs I know all get their brother to fight their battles for them...

10. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

I wonder how Nate feels about big brother coming in for the rescue. Doesnt seem very BMF to me..

11. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

The Trilogy fight will be Masvidal vs. their dad.

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

If it happens I hope Jorge knocks out nick in about 5 seconds. If I were Jorge I would have asked who nick was, then be like oh the dude who hasn’t won a fight in how many years.

nick didn’t want this fight before but now he does. Yeah this fight should be good but nick doesn’t deserve this fight at all.

I never used to not like Nate but slowly becoming a fan, but I’ll never like nick.

yup but it looks like it’s gaining traction because Jorge and nick make the matches right. Willing to bet this fight doesn’t happen in the next 6 months.

13. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Man, so much negativity here all the time. You guys must be really fun to all hang out with.

14. LebenTysonTank

I think that you are going out of your way to twist what is going on with this situation to fit your negative narrative. Nate Diaz isn't scared to fight anybody,any place,any time,and any real MMA fan knows that. Nate wants the rematch with Jorge,and I think he wants it badly...BUT...I think Nate knows that Nick has been living his life a little wild,reckless,and undisciplined the last four years with no real sense of purpose or direction.

I think Nate knows better than anyone including us what is best for Nick and what he needs in his life,and getting back in the cage is most likely just what the Dr. ordered. I think that Nate loves his brother and has his back like no other and wants to see him get a big pay day while at the same time getting some structure back in his life.

Nate has ALWAYS said that Welterweight fights are Nick's fights. After he beat McGregor they asked if he would take a fight with GSP and his response was that GSP was Nick's fight. If Nick makes a comeback I would bet the house that Nate steps aside for Nick like he's always been vocally in favor of. If it's a full time comeback for Nick then Nate will probably go back down to 155 Lbs.

He has a TON of great fights at 155 with the most obvious being the trilogy fight against Conor. There are also fights with Khabib,Tony Ferguson,Gaethje,and even a rematch with Cowboy under the right circumstances. I think Nate has realized that WHAT EVER fight that he is in is now a big money fight,and he no longer has to worry about exclusively gunning for a fighter that is the A side where he seemed to want to fit in as the big name B side ala Conor McGregor. Nate is now the A side to almost anyone he fights from here on out.

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  15. Noise

Noise Ruido

lol, Diaz fans really trying to spin this. The "BMF" big brother has to come out of a nursing home, clearly dealing with dementia, to fight his bully.

What a gangster.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  16. disposableassassin

Some men just like to watch the world burn.

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  17. Noise

Noise Ruido

:rofl:

18. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

And some want to light the match.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 16, 2019, ---
    Admit it, you get massive wood when you read any news about the Diaz brothers, and cream in your pants when they fight. I bet you had had 2 boxes of tissues when Jorge beat the shit out of Nate. One for your eyes an the other for your pants.

19. disposableassassin

Screenshot_20191116-145801_Google.jpg

Clark Kent likes this.
  20. LebenTysonTank

A nursing home...at 36 years old? It's no secret that I'm a huge Diaz brothers fan but as I explained above I think that those who are pushing the narrative that Nick is coming out of semi retirement to fight Masvidal just because Nate just lost...by a premature cut stoppage...are the ones who are twisting shit for the benefit of making an (attempted) funny joke that quite frankly is eye rollingly easy and quite hackey to be honest. If this fight happens I think that a lot of you are going to have to eat your words. I think Nick takes this fight,but even if he doesn't,for the reason that he has lost a step,I guarantee you that he at the very least makes it competitive.

Kano and m1ckey kn0x like this.